[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Playoffs: Extra Kicker on Your Bench?

historymike

Bench Kicker for FF Playoffs?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to pick up a backup kicker for the FF playoffs, or do you prefer to roll the dice and use the bench space for an extra RB, WR,or other skill position?

• Yes: I keep my team prepared for even the worst eventualities.
    • No: Kickers rarely get injured, and I am a dice-rolling mo-fo.
    • Irrelevant:my generous league rules allow pickups through Week 17 if need be.
    • My league does not use kickers.
    • Puddy.

I am curious about Huddlers and their bench strategies regarding kickers during FF playoffs. In the past I have gritted my teeth and added a kicker that I never ended up using (or with whom I got caught up in pointless, time-wasting matchup analysis), but in one league with a 6-player bench I am considering throwing caution to the wind and adding some RB or WR insurance with the space I would normally waste on a kicker. Thoughts?

Edited by historymike

In FFPC, where playoffs are week 12-13 and championship rounds go 14-17, we rostered the 2nd kicker. Too long of a time period to gamble and too big of a potential prize.

Assuming you are not allowed to make waiver moves during playoffs, then I would roster the 2nd kicker in a deeper bench league, and in a shorter bench league I think it would be a matter of how solid my starters were at RB/WR (not just injury risk, but how secure I am in having every week starters or am I more of a committee approach with who I have) to decide how much depth I felt I realistically needed. The stronger my starters at RB/WR, the more inclined I would be to carry the extra kicker for insurance.

We allow roster moves during the playoffs so I usually don't bother, same for D and maybe even TE or QB.

The roster moves are only for teams still in the playoffs, they cost more than normal ($5 instead of 2) and they are temporary, once you are out of the playoffs those players are free agents again.

We feel this is fair and eliminates most of the issues that have been raised over the year.

It also means that prior to week 13 is the last chance to add players you might want to keep for next year (say those injured rookie players that might be startes worth keeping for the next season). Since we have a deep bench I'd probably have an extra kicker if roster moves were not allowed (we used to allow for injury, etc)

I almost never carry more than 1 K or DST. My league allows transactions throughout the playoffs (weeks 14 - 16), so there's not much of a need to carry a backup for the playoffs.

Of course, I'm debating picking up an extra DST this week to get the jump on everyone else. My current DST (Bears) has a pretty decent schedule for the next few weeks (KC, @DEN, SEA). But in Week 16 - our championship game - they play in Green Bay. With negative points accumulating starting at 22 points given up by a DST, I'm probably not going to want the Bears in my lineup. So, I'm thinking I should jump on an available DST that has a good Week 16 match up, in case I'm lucky enough to make it that far.

In FFPC, where playoffs are week 12-13 and championship rounds go 14-17, we rostered the 2nd kicker. Too long of a time period to gamble and too big of a potential prize.

Assuming you are not allowed to make waiver moves during playoffs, then I would roster the 2nd kicker in a deeper bench league, and in a shorter bench league I think it would be a matter of how solid my starters were at RB/WR (not just injury risk, but how secure I am in having every week starters or am I more of a committee approach with who I have) to decide how much depth I felt I realistically needed. The stronger my starters at RB/WR, the more inclined I would be to carry the extra kicker for insurance.

I agree...except FFPC Championship rounds only go through Week #16 sir.

KO'd