[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle articles

eags

I've seen JUM in there answering questions from time to time, and it is cool to get a respected and knowledgeable football guy to give his $0.02 worth about whatever insignificant little decision it is that I need to make. People take fantasy football way too seriously if they are going to complain about the fact that the guys running the Huddle aren't mind readers or that they have differing opinions. Everyone has differing opinions, and nobody knows what will actually happen. The best we can do is look at trends, look at a player's specific situation, and make an educated guess as to how that player will perform. So the most we can ask of any individual writer is to do just that - tell us your opinion about a player and what sort of evidence you used to get to that opinion. The fact that they are willing to discuss "upon further review" and give us their take on the evidence is fantastic, and I surely hope it doesn't go away. Because, quite frankly, we need anything we can get at all that helps us understand how the Jermichael Finley's of the world are going to produce.

:wacko:

I was going to say that JUM does answer some questions posted in the comments on his article. At least he knows those are coming from paying members. Not sure we can expect the huddle staff to regularly answer advice questions. While I've only been posting for a while I've lurked for years before, and I know that the advice forum used to be better. But the flood of poor questions from too many members (many who may not be actual Huddle members) makes it hard for anybody to offer advice.

As far as the whole question about Finley or any other player with differing opinions, yeah it happens. (How somebody who's been around for 7 years doesn't recognize that and complains about it is beyond me.) As somebody else said, you should have drafted a different TE, or looked for a better backup to platoon with him after a few weeks when it became clear he wasn't going to be the stud everybody expected.

The constant threads here (and comments on articles) calling out the staff for not doing a good job is ridiculous. Just vote with your $$ and don't come back.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly does "get your ass in gear and bring this site back to what it once was" mean? For 15 years there has been the chances that the Player Projections and Start Bench List would not match since they are independently created. Are you saying go back to not having the "Upon Further Review" that is expressly done for the reason you posted this?

Considering we spin through 200+ players every week, the amount of agreement we have is not only astounding but a testament to how good Tuvey must be.

If Finley does not get any UFR votes, I will be happy to further explain myself here but it sounds like nothing will get it done for you besides complete agreement.

their too busy disagreeing with each other.

I don't know how much time you think it takes for us to research and write out articles but I can safely say I doubt you would believe how much time it actually does take. I honestly wonder if David even sleeps with how quickly he is able to get out his Predictions and Projections.

I don't know how much time you think it takes for us to research and write out articles but I can safely say I doubt you would believe how much time it actually does take. I honestly wonder if David even sleeps with how quickly he is able to get out his Predictions and Projections.

Sleep is for the weak and we all know that DMD is a cyborg.

they are supposed to try to help take the tough decision making out of it. that is not doing that at all. this is supposed to be a fantasy football advice site, which is what it used to be.

Rearrange this well known phrase.

Total a poo of crock.

I've seen JUM in there answering questions from time to time, and it is cool to get a respected and knowledgeable football guy to give his $0.02 worth about whatever insignificant little decision it is that I need to make. People take fantasy football way too seriously if they are going to complain about the fact that the guys running the Huddle aren't mind readers or that they have differing opinions. Everyone has differing opinions, and nobody knows what will actually happen. The best we can do is look at trends, look at a player's specific situation, and make an educated guess as to how that player will perform. So the most we can ask of any individual writer is to do just that - tell us your opinion about a player and what sort of evidence you used to get to that opinion. The fact that they are willing to discuss "upon further review" and give us their take on the evidence is fantastic, and I surely hope it doesn't go away. Because, quite frankly, we need anything we can get at all that helps us understand how the Jermichael Finley's of the world are going to produce.

Mind reading has nothing to do with it. I expect The Huddle to have a hot tub time machine that they would use primarily for the most important purpose that there is and that's to tell us what to do regarding our fantasy football teams. Duh!

What moon cycle or we in right now? Or maybe just "cycle"? Seems to be an increased number of these types of threads recently. Something about the unsilent minority calling for wholesale changes make me cringe. Especially the angry tones these messages are posted with. I don't recall seeing these types of threads in this number over the couple of years I've been around here...

Occupy The Huddle Forum?

The reason the Advice Forum is not as useful any more is because there are waaaay more questions than there are qualified people who are willing to take the time to read and answer them. Maybe it's time to limit the advice forum to paying members????

The reason the Advice Forum is not as useful any more is because there are waaaay more questions than there are qualified people who are willing to take the time to read and answer them. Maybe it's time to limit the advice forum to paying members????

A separate paid member advice forum has been proposed in the past, and I would be more than happy to contribute (and perhaps use) a forum like that, where people are more likely to have done their homework and have legitimate quandries, and I don't feel like I'm giving away insight or info I got from paid content.

It's bad enough that you have to ask to get all the pertinent info like lineup requirements, scoring, etc., but the vast majority of questions now seem to be from people who don't want to put in the effort or pay for content, who want those who do to basically run their team for them, without them putting in any work whatsoever. It very quickly soured me from not wanting to put forth the effort so someone else can be lazy. The only time I even answer now is if it looks like they've actually put some thought into it themselves and are stuck...

(ETA: though I will say the advice forum is still pretty awesome in the offseason with all of the dynasty/keeper discussion, and a bunch of us come out of the woodwork to have debates)

Edited by delusions of granduer

I haven't used the Advice Forum at all this year but I've had pretty good success with it in the past personally. My strategy is to post my own question and then go in and answer as many other posts as I can and just send them to my post for their advice. If you are wanting someone to give you advice the least you can do is help others out as well.

By the logic of your initial post, you'd rather have less content than have content that contradicts each other.

Here's a solution. Pick one and don't open the other. Problem solved.

Personally i find the majority of the content in agreement but when it isn't it just makes me think harder. I'd rather have the content be truly representative of the author's opinion than someone going through and making sure all the content lines up.

Noone is going to be able to predict yards and scores with any kind of precise accuracy. What is valuable is reading what each author has to say, looking at the rating and/ or yards/td's for each player and then coming to a decision based on what you read.

By the logic of your initial post, you'd rather have less content than have content that contradicts each other.

Here's a solution. Pick one and don't open the other. Problem solved.

Personally i find the majority of the content in agreement but when it isn't it just makes me think harder. I'd rather have the content be truly representative of the author's opinion than someone going through and making sure all the content lines up.

Noone is going to be able to predict yards and scores with any kind of precise accuracy. What is valuable is reading what each author has to say, looking at the rating and/ or yards/td's for each player and then coming to a decision based on what you read.

Or like some sites that produce multiple articles from the same set of data. Projections for players (yards & TDs) then use that to create player rankings. I guess the OP would just prefer DMD does the predictions/projections, then use some system to assign S1/2/3 etc to the players in order of what stats they are predicted to produce. As several have said, using the actual analysis in these articles, not just the predictions and S/B values is very important.