[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle articles

eags

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it's the same every year. Every year. In August we're all full of warm fuzzies, loving our fantasy teams, dreaming of trophies and prize money. By November all fantasy message boards are littered with back-biting and complaints. Wars breaking out all over.

I bet I could start a "collusion" debate and throw a lit match on this b--ch right now. :wacko:

I've been in this biz for over 10 years. Tuvey and DMD are the best and most of you know that.

Here's the flip side of the argument:

I am trying to decide between Mendenhall, Greene and McGhee as my RB #2 this week in a must win. The "Projections & Predictions" for those three pretty much mirror what the "Start/Bench" list says. The point being, that's not really helpful either. So they can't win when the atricles match-up (as in my case) and they can't win when they don't match up (as in your case).

That's just the way things go sometimes.

You answered all of 2 questions in the Advice Forum in 2011, pretty sure that excludes you from being allowed to complain about it.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

and how many times did i post a question in the advice forum in 2011?

Lol it's the same every year. Every year. In August we're all full of warm fuzzies, loving our fantasy teams, dreaming of trophies and prize money. By November all fantasy message boards are littered with back-biting and complaints. Wars breaking out all over.

I bet I could start a "collusion" debate and throw a lit match on this b--ch right now. :wacko:

I've been in this biz for over 10 years. Tuvey and DMD are the best and most of you know that.

hey dave, if i throw a little azz-kissin in, can i have a job too? you must give xmas gifts out!

I think part of the problem with the projections and predictions this year is that this has been a very unusual year. Aside from injuries, it appears teams change looks and performances much more. One week, a defense stuffs the run and the next, they can't stop an old lady on the street. I have paid attention to several different sites and NONE of them are hitting with a great deal of accuracy.

The Huddle at least gives some reasoning for thier projections and start/sit so YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS. Although I don't always agree with JUM, DMD and Turv, I enjoy the insight.

I stopped visiting the Advice Forum for a while after I received a couple private messages about advice I gave that didn't pan out. Never mind the other nuggets that worked. I will pop in now and then but it's not the forum I used to enjoy.

:wacko: It's pretty simple. There's obviously more than just one writer here. If there's a discrepancy between what Person A says and what Person B says, perhaps you should take the time to do a little more research on your own to see what precipitated that discrepancy. Perhaps then you'll get a better insight as to what's being said.

perhaps you guys are right. i will do research on my own and i will take my business elsewhere. that's pretty good p.r work for the site from employees. since you guys are the experts can you refer me to another site? maybe that can be part of my own research. that is how i found you beauties! by the way, finley is my third t.e. i also have witten and davis to go along with brees, ray rice, mike wallace and miles austin. i think i have a good chance for my 6th title.

perhaps you guys are right. i will do research on my own and i will take my business elsewhere. that's pretty good p.r work for the site from employees. since you guys are the experts can you refer me to another site? maybe that can be part of my own research. that is how i found you beauties! by the way, finley is my third t.e. i also have witten and davis to go along with brees, ray rice, mike wallace and miles austin. i think i have a good chance for my 6th title.

With that stacked team, why do you even need advice???

to quote Curly Bill from one of my favorite movies:

"Well... bye"

I'm confused. Are you going to do research on your own or are you going to take your business elsewhere? Clearly you can't do both because then what would you do if you got differing opinions.

A separate paid member advice forum has been proposed in the past, and I would be more than happy to contribute (and perhaps use) a forum like that, where people are more likely to have done their homework and have legitimate quandries, and I don't feel like I'm giving away insight or info I got from paid content.

It's bad enough that you have to ask to get all the pertinent info like lineup requirements, scoring, etc., but the vast majority of questions now seem to be from people who don't want to put in the effort or pay for content, who want those who do to basically run their team for them, without them putting in any work whatsoever. It very quickly soured me from not wanting to put forth the effort so someone else can be lazy. The only time I even answer now is if it looks like they've actually put some thought into it themselves and are stuck...

(ETA: though I will say the advice forum is still pretty awesome in the offseason with all of the dynasty/keeper discussion, and a bunch of us come out of the woodwork to have debates)

I would also be willing to kick in a few extra bucks to have a higher quality advice forum that I would actually be able to use and get more reliable results from.

I'm confused. Are you going to do research on your own or are you going to take your business elsewhere? Clearly you can't do both because then what would you do if you got differing opinions.

How do you think he got that team :tup:

:wacko:

:wacko:

Or like some sites that produce multiple articles from the same set of data. Projections for players (yards & TDs) then use that to create player rankings. I guess the OP would just prefer DMD does the predictions/projections, then use some system to assign S1/2/3 etc to the players in order of what stats they are predicted to produce. As several have said, using the actual analysis in these articles, not just the predictions and S/B values is very important.

Wouldn't that be redundant? What would be the point of that? It's just one guys opinion restated a half dozen different ways. If you want something like that, just read one of mine or Bronco Billy's longer posts.