[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Unofficial" / "Official" Eagles vs. Seahawks Thread

buddahj

Ok...I dunno who at NFLN decided comparing LeSean McCoy to Barry Sanders was a good idea, but that was a complete joke.

McCoy is a nice player, but he's not in the same stratosphere of Sanders. He's not even the first active player I'd say is CLOSEST to being of Sanders' ilk. And that wasn't some over-excited off-the-cuff comparison. They produced that thing, which means someone had to think of it during the week, continue to think it was a good idea, and no one said 'no' to it. Seriously, that was bad.

And the Eagles suck.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...I dunno who at NFLN decided comparing LeSean McCoy to Barry Sanders was a good idea, but that was a complete joke.

McCoy is a nice player, but he's not in the same stratosphere of Sanders. He's not even the first active player I'd say is CLOSEST to being of Sanders' ilk. And that wasn't some over-excited off-the-cuff comparison. They produced that thing, which means someone had to think of it during the week, continue to think it was a good idea, and no one said 'no' to it. Seriously, that was bad.

+1

I rolled my eyes during that segment. Firstly because the comparison disrespects Sanders, and secondly because of how phony and orchestrated it was.

Bull crap. He's serviceable when they're winning. If he's under any kind of pressure his decision making is absolutely brutal and the mistakes follow. I actually like Tjax, just not as an NFL caliber QB.

In that case I would think about a third of NFL starters are not NFL caliber. There has been 2 or 3 games where Tavaris has played well with no running game and some shoddy defensive play that resulted in a loss. And the word servicable doesn't mean he's clutch at winning games in crunch time either. TJ has looked to be everything and more that the hawks want in a 2 year transition QB, and his leadership qualities have been a suprise. Maybe the reason that Minnesota QB play has been so dismal over the last decade had more to do than just the QB itself.

Bull crap. He's serviceable when they're winning. If he's under any kind of pressure his decision making is absolutely brutal and the mistakes follow. I actually like Tjax, just not as an NFL caliber QB.

And I think it needs to be mentioned again, Desean Jackson is a little f*cking bitch and if he were on my team I'd kick the f*ck out of him in the locker room. That is all. :wacko:

New nickname, D00shJax (had to use 0 instead of o to get by word filter).

Those picks on the sideline with him staring off into space while Young appeared to be talking to him, sickening.

Edited by stevegrab

As a Seahawks fan I can tell you that there is very little about Tavaris that I like. He's barely a bottom-tier starter, and he's certainly not the long term answer. The Seahawks need to draft a QB this year IMO.

Agree, we've had bottom-tier starting QB performance since 2007.

In that case I would think about a third of NFL starters are not NFL caliber. There has been 2 or 3 games where Tavaris has played well with no running game and some shoddy defensive play that resulted in a loss. And the word servicable doesn't mean he's clutch at winning games in crunch time either. TJ has looked to be everything and more that the hawks want in a 2 year transition QB, and his leadership qualities have been a suprise. Maybe the reason that Minnesota QB play has been so dismal over the last decade had more to do than just the QB itself.

Yeah, OK, now let's throw some facts into the mix since your blind homerism is clearly clouding your judgement.

In 2000, Culpepper 3937 yards, 33 TD's and 16 INT's.

In 2003, in 14 games, he had 3479 yards, 25 TD's and 11 INT's.

In 2004, he had 4717 yards, 39 TD's and 11 INT's. Pretty dismal, huh? :wacko:

in 2009, Brett Favre threw for 4202 yards, 33 TD's and 7 INT's. Man that's just awful. :yay:

So we can leave 2000 out since you said decade and you really need all the help that you can get. :tup:

Now, let's take a look at a real, serviceable NFL QB, not those scrubs like CPep and Favre, I'm talking TJax. :rofl:

In 6 years, he's thrown more TD's then INT's twice. :brew:

This year, in Seattle, having a BANNER year, he's thrown for 2255 yards, has an outstanding 10 TD's (in 11 games), 12 INT's, and this elusive little honey badger has only been sacked 31 times. :bow:

His career QB rating is an impressive 76.4. :lol:

Yep, you got yourselves a real gem there. Much better than anything the Vikings have had in the past decade, no doubt. Oh, wait, stats don't always tell the story, right? :rofl:

Yeah, OK, now let's throw some facts into the mix since your blind homerism is clearly clouding your judgement.

In 2000, Culpepper 3937 yards, 33 TD's and 16 INT's.

In 2003, in 14 games, he had 3479 yards, 25 TD's and 11 INT's.

In 2004, he had 4717 yards, 39 TD's and 11 INT's. Pretty dismal, huh? :tup:

in 2009, Brett Favre threw for 4202 yards, 33 TD's and 7 INT's. Man that's just awful. :brew:

So we can leave 2000 out since you said decade and you really need all the help that you can get. :lol:

Now, let's take a look at a real, serviceable NFL QB, not those scrubs like CPep and Favre, I'm talking TJax. :bow:

In 6 years, he's thrown more TD's then INT's twice. :brew:

This year, in Seattle, having a BANNER year, he's thrown for 2255 yards, has an outstanding 10 TD's (in 11 games), 12 INT's, and this elusive little honey badger has only been sacked 31 times. :yay:

His career QB rating is an impressive 76.4. :rofl:

Yep, you got yourselves a real gem there. Much better than anything the Vikings have had in the past decade, no doubt. Oh, wait, stats don't always tell the story, right? :rofl:

Wow...okay thought Culpepper was before 2002. :wacko: Take that back and grant you the vikings had one decent year with favre in the last 7 seasons. Beyond that I was only stating a case for tj being a servicable short term qb and maybe thinking he could have performed more adequatley if not for Childress. Chill out menudo.

Edited by bushwacked

Wow...okay thought Culpepper was before 2002. :wacko: Take that back and grant you the vikings had one decent year with favre in the last 7 seasons. Beyond that I was only stating a case for tj being a servicable short term qb and maybe thinking he could have performed more adequatley if not for Childress. Chill out menudo.

C'mon that was reader's digest mcboog.

C'mon that was reader's digest mcboog.

Isn't McBooging it a better term for an overly emotional, sometimes rambling post with lots of gramelins?

Anyways, maybe it's reader's digest because I never said much to begin with. Tavaris Jackson sucked with the Vikings and, IMO, has upgraded to mediocre play with a very young Hawks team and appears to be more than adequate stop gap for a couple seasons. I think Minnesota has recently been the land of the lost for QBs in general and Hugh disagrees. Combine the last two sentences; Hugh gets angry and I'm a blind homer. The end. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Isn't McBooging it a better term for an overly emotional, sometimes rambling post with lots of gramelins?

Anyways, maybe it's reader's digest because I never said much to begin with. Tavaris Jackson sucked with the Vikings and, IMO, has upgraded to mediocre play with a very young Hawks team and appears to be more than adequate stop gap for a couple seasons. I think Minnesota has recently been the land of the lost for QBs in general and Hugh disagrees. Combine the last two sentences; Hugh gets angry and I'm a blind homer. The end. :tup:

Come on, man, I wasn't angry, just having fun. :wacko:

Eta: I thought the Menudo reference was hysterical.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Don't think he is too inconsistent. since week two:

19.1, 9.4, 20.1, 6.5 but got injured, injured, injured, 8, 3.4, 17.3, 9.9

He's a lock for 8.5 points a game with huge upside potential in any game.

Tell me again what a LOCK means to you? :tup: Cause 1.9 pts. seems more like inconsistent to me :wacko:

Are you eating CROE yet?

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe