[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How has trading worked out for you this season?

Wiseman155

I was just wondering how everyone's trades have worked out for them? Have they been as bad as mine have turned out.

Trade 1 - Gave up Law Firm and J. Nelson and Plaxico for Britt and Best

You can obviously see that this deal did not work out for me in the least bit.

Trade 2: Gave up Tony Romo for VJax

This occurred before Romo turned his season around and stopped making mistakes. Now I have the most inconsistent WR in the league.

Trade 3: Gave up LeSean McCoy and Roy Helu for Matt Forte and Steven Jackson

When I had Helu, he was backing up Torain, now he's starting and looks real good. Forte is now splitting carries because of the dumbass Bears offensive plan and SJax has the worst schedule in the league.

Hindsight Really Blows! Just wanted to see if anyone has had as much bad luck as I have had.

No complaints, though I wish Fred Jackson's injury would have been as mild as initially reported.

Week 6, I gave up Blount and Roddy for Fred Jacson and Antonio Brown

Before week 1, I traded MTurner and LT for McCoy/Torain

I had pretty studly 1-2 punch but now I'm struggling to choose each week between Spiller, KSmith, PThomas, Addai. Here's hoping Smith can go on Sunday.

Traded CJ2K and B Marshall for Michael Turner and Reggie Wayne. Still don't miss CJ and was desperate. Turner's production helped get me from 1-4 to 5-5, but I've lost the last 2 and am now out of the play-offs in that league. Wayne was certainly a zero, but it's not as if Marshall has been lighting it up this year. I'll call that one a wash.

Traded Willis McGahee for Tebow, mostly because it was a 2 QB league and I needed someone to get me through my Brady/Matt Ryan bye weeks. Since Tebow was putting up good numbers, I thought I might actually play match-ups with him and Ryan, but now Ryan is playing too well to bench. Didn't have much of a choice, there weren't many good options at the time and I needed the wins. Though, at this point, I could use the RB more than Tebow since he's on my bench. Now 8-4 and clinched a 1st round bye

Traded Ben Tate and Santonio Holmes for Greg Jennings and Jonathan Stewart. What can I say. He kept throwing offers at me so I decided to see what I could get and offered this. He took it and I ain't looking back. Oh, and I have Foster. Same league as the one above. 8-4.

1. Traded V.Davis and S.Holmes for B.Marshall. Has worked out well for me.

2. Traded A.J.Green for J.Stewart. AJ missed a game with injury but I eventually dropped Stewart, so this trade did not work well for me.

3. Traded J.Nelson for M.Bush. Jordy's 2 point performance last week (after his two blow-up weeks) made this a wash, I guess, but I have gotten far more use from Bush than I ever anticipated.

Traded S. Greene & M. Lewis for M. Austin - If Austin would've stayed healthy, I would've come out way ahead.

Traded VJax & R. Fitzpatrick for AJ & S. Bradford - With Schaub out, this one didn't turn out to good for me. I also cut Bradford a week after the trade.

Traded L. Robinson for M. Bush - This one has worked out well for both parties involved.

These trades were all in the same league.

traded foster for stafford and BJGE - lost a game because of this during the season.. dunno how it will turn out for the playoffs tho. stafford has such a cake schedule. foster hasnt really been able to run all year, making up massive value in the passing game, so with shaub out he might be shut down a bit. also with shaub out and aj coming off the big injury, i see them resting foster as much as possible... which leads me to..

traded kendall hunter for ben tate - haven't played tate yet. would have sat hunter those games as well though, and he didn't produce anyways. im pretty pumped for this trade

Traded Smith(CAR), Witten and Ryan for Rodgers, Holmes and Pettigrew.

It's worked out for both, I'd say.

I can't believe he offered this trade. He has Newton. I would have taken Newton.

I play TE's by matchup, and WR by committee. Ryan is now finally playing like I thought he would all year.

Overall, I'm happy I took it.

Traded Shonn Greene for Brandon Marshall a few weeks back which has worked out for me so far. The emergence of Demarco Murray didn't hurt either. Tried to trade a QB in one league for some RB/WR depth or a TE upgrade (I have Newton, Ryan, and Eli) but couldn't find any takers oddly. Traded Peterson in a deal for Rodgers which has worked out great for me due to Peterson's injury.

A little good and bad all rolled into one trade....

To set the stage...16 team full IDP dynasty/contract league...Peyton Manning and Josh Freeman are my QBs to start the year.

A couple weeks after Best hurt his head I decided to try and make a move to upgrade RB and QB...for the record we can start zero to 3 RBs...

Trade was done prior to week 7

here is the deal:

I gave up:

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR 2yrs

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 3yrs

Jones, Donald BUF WR; DTS

Yates, Taylor HOU QB DTS

Year 2012 1st round pick

Year 2013 3rd round pick

I got:

Schaub, Matt HOU QB 1yr

Foster, Arian HOU RB 4yrs

Year 2012 7th round pick

I started Schaub twice (wk 8 & 10, so I got Freeman's bye covered at least)...thing is, the other owner is a Texan fan so I figured including Yates would help to get the deal done....I looked at Schaub as a rental that I most likely wouldn't retain next year in RFA....so I figured, eh what do I need Yates for...little did I know :tup: so now I am back down to Freeman (have Josh Johnson too) that i will have to roll with in the playoffs...at least Foster is paying off and will hopefully continue to do so....but with my luck I doubt it. :wacko:

really only made two big ones this year ...

first with my wife, I traded Ingram for Stafford straight up right after our draft. Let's just say she won't ever be trading with me again.

the other is in my local, where I traded Beanie Wells, Tebow and Desean Jackson for Steven Jackson. This was after week 10, when SJAX was happening. Then Beanie went off for 225 yds.

I made out like a bandit. So much to the effect that I couldn't get anyone to trade with me. I'm happy with what I got. 7 straight wins have gotten me into the playoffs with a shot at taking my division.

WEEK 5 - gave Dez Bryant & got Frank Gore

WEEK 7 - gave Beanie Wells + David Nelson & got MJD + Victor Cruz

WEEK 12 - gave Antonio Gates (I have Jimmy Graham) & got Antonio Brown

Woohoo!!!

Edited by jmike314