[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Small Cafe

nuke'em ttg

Cafe vs ff drive up's  

26 members have voted

1. 1. menu please

• Small cafe on weekend
    • Small cafe everyday
    • Fast food drive up everyday & weekends
    • puddy

How many still hit a small cafe for breakfast on the weekend. I'm gonna start hittin the cafe more during the week instead of ff driveups. I just like the spirit of an American Cafe sitdown and listen to bullchit breakfast.

Edited by nuke'em ttg

We try to hit up a breakfast joint about once a month. The problem where I live is there are no really good small cafe's within a close drive. So we end up at Bob Evans a lot. Pretty reasonable price, especially feeding 3 kids, and the food is pretty good.

Edited by Chief Dick

We don't have enough were we live, but there is this one joint that is right around the corner from where we live, walking distance...we have yet to eat there because even at 7am there is usually a line out the door...we tried them for dinner once, wasn't impressed but breakfast is supposed to be top notch :tup:

I miss the small restaurants from when I lived in the Philly area :wacko:

We used to drive about 20 miles into the mountains to eat at one of our favorite cafes anytime we craved a great breakfast ... but have since found a cafe that started as one place and now has six locations around Denver and just opened one in San Diego... Snooze:

Snooze

Yuuum!!

when i was getting sundays and mondays off, we used to "sleep in" and make breakfast at home in pajamas on sundays. we don't love having to motivate to get out of the house for breakfast. also we like the act of making it (something our daughter helped with) and having it by the fire with coffee and cocoa.

edit: on the rare occasions we went out for breakfast...small cafe

Edited by Bier Meister

when i was getting sundays and mondays off, we used to "sleep in" and make breakfast at home in pajamas on sundays. we don't love having to motivate to get out of the house for breakfast. also we like the act of making it (something our daughter helped with) and having it by the fire with coffee and cocoa.

We do this a lot also. We actually probably do this more than going out.

Having worked on the road many years of my life, I have learned the little "greasy spoon" joints are often the best. Quite a few actually in Seattle, though if they can't baste an egg, I don't often return. Greek cafes are often the best of these places in most towns I've worked in and around.

Coney Island breakfasts are huge in the Detroit area. Many have a special for $2.99 that includes Eggs, Meat, Hashbrowns and Toast. Quite a bargain.

I never did get the reasoning behind all those Coney Islands in Detroit...

There's a place here that is called JTs and for 3.50 you get coffee/drink included with your eggs, meat, hasbrowns and toast

Having worked on the road many years of my life, I have learned the little "greasy spoon" joints are often the best. Quite a few actually in Seattle, though if they can't baste an egg, I don't often return. Greek cafes are often the best of these places in most towns I've worked in and around.

Any outside the city toward Kent? I hate driving into the city just for breakfast.

The problem in my area is that only the IHOP is open before 7 AM.

I freaking hate IHOP and this is not a rant against chains, because I have no quarrel with Cracker Barrel. Cracker Barrel makes a simple, honest breakfast, and does it well. IHOP has some dumb-ass menu with a million stupid choices, most of them sound horrible and 17 flavors of artificial syrups. Oh, and the pancakes are much better at Cracker Barrel. I always try a bite of my wife's when I'm done with breakfast and want a bit of dessert.

The Cracker Barrel near my house has horrible food, including breakfast.

I hate that place.

Interesting, lacking many true breakfast options around here (because brunch is never early enough for us), it's our go-to when we do go out for B-fast. Unless we go to the Mexican joint for an egg burrito.