[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Davis suspended

keggerz

I know this is not the focus of this thread....but as a Skins fan - this is such a sad, sad day. Two of our only possible offensive building blocks have proven they have no respect for themselves or their teammates. F.Davis was in a contract year! We are total mess as a franchise and did not need these two potential leaders letting us down - even if it was months ago.

And this is Davis' THIRD offense. If he pops positive again, he's in line for a 1 year suspension. Lay off the Josh Gordon Davis....good lord!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure I understand how professional athletes can knowingly engage in an activity that will likely cost them millions of dollars if they get caught. Seriously, all you have to do is lay off the hash. It can't be that hard with so much at stake can it?

Fred Davis is a moran. Congrats, bro... I hope that chronic was the sh!t - you paid plenty for it. :wacko:

Washington Redskins TE Fred Davis and OT Trent Williams were officially suspended four games without pay Tuesday, Dec. 6, for failing multiple drug tests. Davis is exploring options to get out of the suspension. Both players are believed to have tested positive for Josh Gordon.

From KFFL

Edited by Ursa Majoris

This is the reason that he's been suspended. :yay:

:bow:

Whats worse, is that Davis tested positive for Josh Gordon just after the lockout then tested positive AGAIN between August and October. The NFL and NFLPA were negotiating discipline for drug-policy offenders during that time. :wacko::tup::lol::rofl::rofl:

:bow:

Whats worse, is that Davis tested positive for Josh Gordon just after the lockout then tested positive AGAIN between August and October. The NFL and NFLPA were negotiating discipline for drug-policy offenders during that time. :wacko::tup::lol::rofl::rofl:

Sounds like he has a CHRONIC problem.

So... who starts at TE for the Skins now? Worth a desperation pickup?

Logan Paulsen

But he's a blocking TE not a pass catching one. I think Grossman goes to S.Moss,Gaffney and Helu more now. Paulsen would be a "desperation" pickup in the very truest form.

I'm not quite sure I understand how professional athletes can knowingly engage in an activity that will likely cost them millions of dollars if they get caught. Seriously, all you have to do is lay off the hash. It can't be that hard with so much at stake can it?

Fred Davis is a moran. Congrats, bro... I hope that chronic was the sh!t - you paid plenty for it. :wacko:

I'm as against drug testing as you'll find, but when I was hard up for a job, and knew there'd be drug testing, I just laid off the Josh Gordon. And, needless to say, the money wasn't quite as good as what these guys.

I'm as against drug testing as you'll find, but when I was hard up for a job, and knew there'd be drug testing, I just laid off the Josh Gordon. And, needless to say, the money wasn't quite as good as what these guys.

Two thoughts here...

First, why is Josh Gordon a problem for the NFL? It's not a performance enhancing drug, so what does it ultimately matter if an athlete gets high on a Tuesday night once in a while? And if character is the concern, I'd say there are worse character examples being set by NFL players everywhere that aren't even against policy (i.e. having 8 illegitimate kids like Antonio Cromartie).

Second, what if Fred Davis has glaucoma? :wacko:

Two thoughts here...

First, why is Josh Gordon a problem for the NFL? It's not a performance enhancing drug, so what does it ultimately matter if an athlete gets high on a Tuesday night once in a while? And if character is the concern, I'd say there are worse character examples being set by NFL players everywhere that aren't even against policy (i.e. having 8 illegitimate kids like Antonio Cromartie).

Second, what if Fred Davis has glaucoma? :wacko:

Imagine all the creative TD celebrations :tup:

First, why is Josh Gordon a problem for the NFL?

I guess they just view it as a safety issue, what with a bunch of 300lb+ men running into each other. Although, I suppose if the two lines were all stoned it'd look more like a Monty Python skit than anything else.

Not to mention that fact that the NFL views itself as "kid friendly" and implicitly allowing Josh Gordon usage wouldn't be good for the image.

Like it or not its illegal. And no major sports league / series should condone that activity by its players.

Like it or not its illegal. And no major sports league / series should condone that activity by its players.

For starters, it's their league and they can do what they want, but there's a difference between "condoning" and not conducting search without probable cause (which is what a drug test is). And, yes, I understand that, like free speech, we're only protected from that at the hands of the government, not our employers. But it doesn't mean I have to think it's cool.

Think about it like this. The speed limit is, at most 70 mph (?), and that's only on certain stretches of freeway. Say your boss installed a monitor on your car that alerted them every time you went over 70 mph. After all, that's illegal, right? And, if you did so more than once or twice, you'd be suspended or otherwise punished. Say you're a delivery driver or something. Keep in mind, that is not the same thing as having some deal where your employer enacts some punishment for you getting too many tickets. Because the equivalent of that in this case would be suspending players for having gotten popped for drugs by the cops. That's not what we're talking about here.

For starters, it's their league and they can do what they want, but there's a difference between "condoning" and not conducting search without probable cause (which is what a drug test is). And, yes, I understand that, like free speech, we're only protected from that at the hands of the government, not our employers. But it doesn't mean I have to think it's cool.

Think about it like this. The speed limit is, at most 70 mph (?), and that's only on certain stretches of freeway. Say your boss installed a monitor on your car that alerted them every time you went over 70 mph. After all, that's illegal, right? And, if you did so more than once or twice, you'd be suspended or otherwise punished. Say you're a delivery driver or something. Keep in mind, that is not the same thing as having some deal where your employer enacts some punishment for you getting too many tickets. Because the equivalent of that in this case would be suspending players for having gotten popped for drugs by the cops. That's not what we're talking about here.

80 in parts of Texas