[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BAL vs CLE

ts

So ... BAL has the ball, 4th down inside the CLE 25 yard line twice so far in Q1 ... they go for it both times ... no FG try? Supposedly there are wind "gusts" up to 30mph, but are there really tornado-like conditions out there that means we won't be seeing Cundiff at all?

So ... BAL has the ball, 4th down inside the CLE 25 yard line twice so far in Q1 ... they go for it both times ... no FG try? Supposedly there are wind "gusts" up to 30mph, but are there really tornado-like conditions out there that means we won't be seeing Cundiff at all?

Two missed FGs, an extra point bounced off the upright, I guess the winds were pretty bad.

But no diff, the Browns blow pretty badly (gashed by Rice again for 200 or close yards) and were never really in the game.

After being at the game I can confirm 3 things.

1. The winds were not THAT bad for Cundiff to miss 2 FGs and put a PAT off the upright

2. Ray Rice is really good

3. Coly McCoy is really, really bad. He literally attempted 2 passes all game longer than 10 yards. It's gross how weak his arm is. He should not be a starting QB in the NFL.

After being at the game I can confirm 3 things.

1. The winds were not THAT bad for Cundiff to miss 2 FGs and put a PAT off the upright

2. Ray Rice is really good

3. Coly McCoy is really, really bad. He literally attempted 2 passes all game longer than 10 yards. It's gross how weak his arm is. He should not be a starting QB in the NFL.

Curious if you watched the replay on TV of the missed FGs? One of them was going straight through, then about 20 yards from the post it was pushed left (to the kicker's right) and hit the flag on the upright was was barely moving that way.

I've been to many games in both the old and new stadium, and swirling wind or winds in different spots have always been an issue. I asked a friend who was at the game if the winds were swirling, and he said yes. He also said that when walking back to his car the direction of the wind kept changing regularly. After the two misses, Cundiff over corrected and nearly pushed the ball into the upright.

Won't disagree on the other points. Although the Browns rush defense is not very good, and poor tackling made Rice look that much better (a recurring theme for the post 99 Browns)