[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers

WaterMan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB is going to have a hard time replacing Driver when he retires.

His name is Jordy Nelson. And he may be the best no.2 in the league.

That Randall Cobb character has alot of promise as well.

The fact is a QB that gets 5 to 6 seconds to throw, will be significantly better than a guy that has too chuck and duck.

Marshall Newhouse hasn't been slowing anyone down. Rodgers rarely gets 5 seconds.

Did not see the whole game but he had at least 6 if not 8 second, hell there was no one near him when he threw the touchdown to Driven in the back of the end zone.

Sure he seems to throw the ball prefect almost every pay its amazing, but he has more time to throw than most of the qbs out there from what I am seeing.

His tds are slightly padded not having a true running back to take the short touchdowns. First and goal at the 2 yard line and a lot of times they don’t have a running back in there. I am more impressed with the few interceptions he has considering how many times he’s passed the ball.

He's got some great WRs. GB is going to have a hard time replacing Driver when he retires. But I keep seeing Rodgers making throws while on the run/getting hit. This is something some QBs can't do. They would rather fall to the ground or throw the ball away.

I think they easily replace Driver with Cobb and Gurley. I think Clifton, Grant, and Woodson will also be gone, freeing up much cap space and making the Packers younger and positioned to be stronger yet in the next two to three years.

I'm not a Packers fan, but as someone said earlier in this thread, he's playing out of his mind right now. The guy isn't making mistakes! Even if the game has been close, it's only because the defense is letting that happen. I've watched Brady and I've watched Manning, and they are masters, but what Rodgers is doing right now eclipses their best seasons. Statistically he may not be up there with Brady's historic year some time back, but the way Rodgers is putting it all together right now is unprecedented. He's untouchable right now.

Regarding Brady's 07 record breaking season, I remember in most, if not all of those games, when they had huge leads AND the game was just about over, Brady was still throwing for TD's. So his numbers IMO are inflated by the fact that they NEVER took their foot off the pedal in any game.

When teams would be running the ball to run out the clock they would still be passing. It was getting some players/teams angry and you heard whispers about taking Brady out with one hard hit.

Rodgers is playing lights-out football. The Rodgers/Finley combo is helping me win a league right now that requires a TE. He's already won a SB, and is putting up numbers that will be season highs for a long time if they continue at this pace. To say he's the "Best" to ever play the game....nope.

But, to say he's better than Brady or Manning....is a stretch. To say he's better than Montana is also a huge stretch. He is putting up numbers better than Favre did in his rein of terror....but have him be the leading QB for a few years.

Once he can do this for 5 or more years like Manning, Brady, Favre, Montana did.... then put him in the same light as the aforementioned HOF QB's.

Again, I am not taking anything away from him, but he's not "legendary" just yet. He's great...but not legendary...not just y-e-t.

I note that the Packers have taken a knee a few times to end games rather than continuing to throw. I also note that Rogers sat for most of a 4th quarter rather than salt his stats when the game was clearly not on the line.

From a Packers fan. :wacko:

You'd think with it spelled correctly right there in the thread title that I might have gotten it right.

:wacko:

It is not exactly hard to spell, and name we see so often, but the more common spelling without the D makes it somewhat understandable.

Still one of the names I see mispelled the most often (second probably being Payton Manning).

:tup:

It is not exactly hard to spell, and name we see so often, but the more common spelling without the D makes it somewhat understandable.

Still one of the names I see mispelled the most often (second probably being Payton Manning).

:wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
I note that the Packers have taken a knee a few times to end games rather than continuing to throw. I also note that Rogers sat for most of a 4th quarter rather than salt his stats when the game was clearly not on the line.

So what you're saying is that other teams are just padding stats for their QBs? I wasn't aware that any teams were not taking a knee to run out the clock. That seems pretty dumb to me.

Is he the best QB currently playing or 2nd best?

He would be number one on my list, but, Brees would be a close 2nd. Those two are playing at a level above everyone this year, even Brady, who is next on the list.

Yes, the rules have morphed the NFL into a passing league and Rogers has a truly great set of weapons. Still, when you watch him throw with such great precision so effortlessly - ya just gotta appreciate that we're watching something special.

I never through the shadow of #4 would fade so quickly...

Other than Jennings, I don't think he is playing with that great of weapons. If Jordy Nelson was playing for anyone not named Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees or Rodgers, I think he would be an average receiver at best. Driver was great, but, he is way over the hill. Finley is physically gifted, but, drops a lot of balls, and James Jones would be irrelevant without such a great QB.

It is just like the Colts, other than Harrison and Wayne, it is clear that Peyton Manning was making those receivers elite.