[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And for your SB halftime entertainment......

tazinib1

Mike Polk hit it on the head for me:

"Can't wait for the Madonna Superbowl halftime show! Nothing screams "football" like a 60 year old woman lip-synching songs that she wrote in the 80's about how much she likes to burrito."

+1,000,000

Why can't the SB get performers while they are happening? This woulda been a good call 20 years ago, but not today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, a 3hr game wrapped into two weeks of nauseating media coverage and psuedo entertainment.

Exactly. Can't stand ANY of it. The hoopla on some big name halftime performer. The hype about commercials. The ultra-analysis of every imaginable storyline. Can't stand any of it and ignore it all. I don't even watch the commercials because of how people freak about what a big deal it is to see them, it's like those screaming girls at Beatles concerts. :wacko: Just the game please. I'm weird that way.

Mike Polk hit it on the head for me:

"Can't wait for the Madonna Superbowl halftime show! Nothing screams "football" like a 60 year old woman lip-synching songs that she wrote in the 80's about how much she likes to burrito."

Don't know if she even wrote any of her good material, though I suspect not. I read the first part of a biographical book on her once (don't remember the name of it) to the point where it spoke of her first two bigs hits that put her on the chart...one was "Holiday." I don't remember the other (wasn't material girl). Regardless they were not written by her, but the guys she was working with. Plenty of dirt in that book too, early on she had been on a band and didn't want a certain guy in it, and there was a deal among the bandmates that if anyone slept with her they were out of the band. So of course she sleeps with the guy, only because she wanted him out of the band. Anyways that's as far as I read. She had very talented songwriters and artists working around her, though I highly doubt that much if any of her truly good material was ever conceptualized by her.

possible set lists?

vogue would be cool. Then maybe some old school like a virgin ...

her new song leaked to the internet a week ago, maybe she debuts that. she has a new album coming out.

have to pull out the old cassettes to get fired up!

Don't know if she even wrote any of her good material, though I suspect not. I read the first part of a biographical book on her once (don't remember the name of it) to the point where it spoke of her first two bigs hits that put her on the chart...one was "Holiday." I don't remember the other (wasn't material girl). Regardless they were not written by her, but the guys she was working with. Plenty of dirt in that book too, early on she had been on a band and didn't want a certain guy in it, and there was a deal among the bandmates that if anyone slept with her they were out of the band. So of course she sleeps with the guy, only because she wanted him out of the band. Anyways that's as far as I read. She had very talented songwriters and artists working around her, though I highly doubt that much if any of her truly good material was ever conceptualized by her.

Having suggested that she had good material makes me question your musical taste. At least I will say that it is very different from my own.

Ted Nugent droppin her with an arrow from the upper deck would be awesome :wacko:

Or he could just wound her and have to follow the blood trail around for a while before he locates her and dispatches her with a second shot. Even if the tracking held up the game temporarily it is still the humane thing to do.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Lots of poles, lots of pools filled with jello, and the Victoria's Secret Models in their outfits from their recent fashion show.

Then a randomly selected quartet of fans each gets their chance to see how much blood they can draw with a single blow to Skip Bayless' mug.

Finale to be Nancy pelosi and Michelle Bachman each covered in strips of beef. Each side by side on the goal line. The gun sounds and they start to run for a safe harbor cage on the other goal line. After 3 seconds a very hungry, very agitated, Michaeal Vick breed pit, trained to go for strips of beef, is released. Hilarity ensues.

Show's over and back to the game.

Change the girls to Vick himself and I'm watching halftime for the first time in many years.

Since you asked nice I'd compromise. I'll get rid of the women. I'll eliminate the Skip Bayless beatdown and we will have Bayless and Vick be the meat covered contestants. They will each believe there is a safe harbor cage 100 yards away that they can get into. Here's the thing, the door is locked and the cage electrocuted. Also, we would tell them it was only going to be one dog when, surprise, its a pack of half a dozen.