[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys

Cowboyz1

Heck, I'll weigh in. 'Mistake free' football gets you tight wins at home against losing teams, and overtime losses on the road against losing teams. It does not get you wins against resilient teams like the Giants at home or away...regardless of their recent record.

If Dallas does not put this NYG team on the ropes early with an attacking style, and then follow up knockout punch in the third quarter, they will lose close. It's a movie we've seen repeatedly under Parcells, Phillips, and now Garrett. It doesn't matter if the defense holds the G-men to 100 yards over the first three quarters, they will find a way to hand the game to New York in the fourth. Eli is a better QB than Romo, and will take the game away in the fourth quarter if it's close.

Stopping the Dolphins and Redskins when it counts is one thing. Trying to keep the Giants from scoring with the game on the line in the final minutes is something else entirely. The Cowboys defense is not capable of this. Not at all. Not for many years.

And, really, what are we playing for? OK, a home game against a wild card team. Whoop de do. Get past that, and then it's on to the slaughter in either NO or GB.

/Usually, I have a few beers and post something I regret later during the closing minutes of a losing effort by Dallas. So, I'm getting this out of the way midweek. Rant over. As you were, gentlemen./

There is absolutely no reason to believe if they can stay healthy they can't go into NO or GB and give them a game. We have the fire power it just needs to come together for four quarters which can be done but will it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Garrett gives Felix more than 4 carries it will be a mistake. Murray needs all the carries he can get. The O-Line blocks better for his 'patient' style, as opposed to Felix's straight forward approach. Felix is not as fast with the extra weight and his style has changed.

And Garrett appearantly needs to prepare himself for better clock management and coaching wisdom. I do hope that Ryan will blitz, but I hope he keeps a safety over the top, or we get burned by Cruz or Nicks.

There is absolutely no reason to believe if they can stay healthy they can't go into NO or GB and give them a game. We have the fire power it just needs to come together for four quarters which can be done but will it.

The most firepower of a 7-5 team in the NFL evah!

Edited by bushwacked

:wacko:

Except against a fading Buffalo at home, when did this team play a complete game at any time this season? It's not in their DNA.

:wacko:

Every team has the firepower....they are all in the top .001% of the football players in the world, so they are all pretty good. Some though, when put together as a true team, are just much better than others....at some point, you'll realize that.

Again, see my sig line....it will become your own personal groundhog day.

Cowboys go 1-3 the rest of the season..... I figured the best they would do was 8-8 this year and looks like I'm going to be right.

This team has too many holes to win the division.

You may be right Joe but you could also be crazy............ :wacko:

The Cowboys really have no excuse to be an 8-8 team. Really they don't. Slip has proven he can be very accurate and play tough in the pinch. We have two Elite WRs and a #3 that's no slouch. We have a good running back in Murray and a decent O line. And perhaps the best TE in football.

The D is by no means a Ravens or Steelers dominating D but they can put pressure on the QB and play the run.

So really there is no excuse not to be able to play with any team in the league. They just need dial it up a notch and come together which can happen.

Match up GB with Dallas. Minus Rodgers we have as good a player at every other postion on the field. So the Difference is Slip vs. Rogers and HC, DCs. Comparing position by position we look a lot like the GB packers minus the experience and success. We are younger for sure and our Line backers are even. I give them a slight edge in the secondary but not much. They don't have a WARE at all.

I don't know but I see a lot of growth in this team and they got a lot of fight which I like.

Sunday is going to tell us a lot about this team.

You may be right Joe but you could also be crazy............ :wacko:

The Cowboys really have no excuse to be an 8-8 team. Really they don't. Slip has proven he can be very accurate and play tough in the pinch. We have two Elite WRs and a #3 that's no slouch. We have a good running back in Murray and a decent O line. And perhaps the best TE in football.

The D is by no means a Ravens or Steelers dominating D but they can put pressure on the QB and play the run.

So really there is no excuse not to be able to play with any team in the league. They just need dial it up a notch and come together which can happen.

Match up GB with Dallas. Minus Rodgers we have as good a player at every other postion on the field. So the Difference is Slip vs. Rogers and HC, DCs. Comparing position by position we look a lot like the GB packers minus the experience and success. We are younger for sure and our Line backers are even. I give them a slight edge in the secondary but not much. They don't have a WARE at all.

I don't know but I see a lot of growth in this team and they got a lot of fight which I like.

Sunday is going to tell us a lot about this team.

Now, don't subtract Rodgers, McCarthy and Capers from the equation and what to you have? Next add back in a ginger-headed head coach that could get pencil whipped by a J.V. High School coach, and Ryan who is more interested in demonstrating some macismo than he is in keeping folks out of the endzone and tell me what you have. Finally add in a psychotic botulism-infused zombie owner making everybody on his sideline crazy distracted and tell us what you have.

Leave it to BJ to bust a Canon size whole in my arguement........... :wacko:

Basically, what I am trying to say is this:

Garrett is in his second year as HC

Rob is in his first with the Cowboys with no offseason.

Bryant is in his second year while first was cut short due to injury.

Robinson is 7 games in.

Murray is 7 games into his career.

Lee our starting LB is in his second year and injured in both.

Comparing that to McCarthy, Rodgers, Grant, Starks, Jennings, Nelson and their Defensive starters, the cowboys are very much an up and coming squad with little experience in big games. Rodgers is sick but I have seen Slip make the same passes all year long, on the money and impossible to defend. That said, we have not been consistant with it as the GB offense has. Nor do we have the route running disipline that GB has. However, Austin is as disiplined as is Witten. Now if Bryant can improve just a bit more in that department the O could be very explosive. They just have to do it and for 4 solid quarters of football. GB is just so confident because of their success they can play loose and the Cowboys need a big win where everything is clicking to get that kind of confidence flowing throught their team. They have the talent, they just need to prove it to themselves by doing it on the field in a BIG game like Sunday.

That said, we are going to find out a few things here Sunday night.

1. Does Garrett trust Slip to own the game?

2. Does Garrett have what it takes to get a team ready for a big game?

3. Can our D play sound enough for 4 quarters of football?

4. Can our secondary hold up agaisnt some really good throws?

5. Can our O line protect against a hungry pass rush and second can we be creative enough to beat the blitz?

6. Can Rob Ryan get this Defense to come together for a BIG game?

7. Can Ware dominate a team when it really counts. Will he get help from his friends?

8. Can the Cowboys really stop the run?

9. Can they put together 4 quarters of clean football avoiding penalties like false starts. Can they focus for 4 quarters?

All these questions will be answered on Sunday night because this game is going to be a lookingglass into the playoffs if the Cowboys can get there. For all intents and purposes this is a playoff game. It is as must a win as you can get in the regular season. Lose and there is little hope to do anything in the playoffs even if they get there. If there is a time and place to put it all together and prep for the playoffs it's now.

No excuses, the Cowboys have to make this game their Superbowl. Slip has to be at his best and make everyone on his team know he's in control and they can score at will as long as they do their job. The D has to be solid and make the Giants earn every yard and dog Eli relentlessly.

This is right about the time Payton Manning started to win big in the playoffs. It's time for Slip to take his game to another level and play his team into the Division lead and deep into the playoffs. It's time, he's got the experience, the talent and the toughness, now he just has to get the Ws in BIG Games like this one. The only way he shuts up the critics is to win game like this one period.

I can't wait for Sunday night. Primetime for all to see. If the Cowboys are going to show the world their serious it's going to be on Sunday night or it's not going to be....................

This game will define Slip more then any other this season and he knows it.

Good Lord....this game is being made out to be a battle for the ages. Its a .500 team going against another that just lost to the Cardinals and is an overtime win away from being similarly .500.

And are you really trying to say that if Romo beats the same team Vince Young beat two weeks ago, that it is a game to define him? Please. Just stop.

Good Lord....this game is being made out to be a battle for the ages. Its a .500 team going against another that just lost to the Cardinals and is an overtime win away from being similarly .500.

And are you really trying to say that if Romo beats the same team Vince Young beat two weeks ago, that it is a game to define him? Please. Just stop.

Look, this is a Hugh game for the Cowboys and the Giants. The Giants just gave the Packers all they could handle and then some which means they are a very good football team when they want to be. Not to mention they are playing for their playoff lives. The Cowboys are also playing for their playoff hopes.

There is so much on the line for both clubs this game is very much going to define Romo. It's not about records it's about Sunday and on this perticular Sunday these two teams are going to face off to decide who is going to push towards the playoffs.

If you can't play playoff caliber football on Sunday night your not going to. That's all I'm saying. We will discover what kind of teams these two clubs are come Sunday.

By the way, I know your sore that the Dream team is coming apart at the seams but hey there's always next year.............. :wacko:

I'm guessing you didn't see the GB-NYG game this week. Giants looked like they had plenty of bite (scoring and defense) to hang with the defending SB champs and odds on favorite to repeat. So why couldn't they beat SF, NO or ATL?

I'm guessing you didn't see the NO-NYG game 2 weeks ago.

or the PHL-NYG game three weeks ago...heck, even the DAL-ARZ game last week.

neither of these teams are going anywhere this year....kinda like Seattle last year. They may win one game in an upset over a wild-card team (yes, whoever wins this division will be an underdog to the wildcard), but there is no shot they go any further. None. Zero.

And as Dallas fans have aptly reminded everyone all these years.....unless you win the whole thing, nothing else really matters anyway. So basically, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time.

or the PHL-NYG game three weeks ago...heck, even the DAL-ARZ game last week.

neither of these teams are going anywhere this year....kinda like Seattle last year. They may win one game in an upset over a wild-card team (yes, whoever wins this division will be an underdog to the wildcard), but there is no shot they go any further. None. Zero.

And as Dallas fans have aptly reminded everyone all these years.....unless you win the whole thing, nothing else really matters anyway. So basically, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time.

:wacko: It must suck to have watched the dream team go up in flames and have nothing left to root for except the demise of Dallas

Dallas has to stop Bradshaw IMO. If he eats them up on the ground they are toast. The Giants and Cowboys are very similar. They show flashes of brilliance here and there and then they look like a dogs ass. I dont rank either of these teams with GB but remember , any given Sunday. The Giants gave GB all they could handle and were pretty much a few bad calls and a dollar short.

From Cowboys diehard

It's a movie we've seen repeatedly under Parcells, Phillips, and now Garrett. It doesn't matter if the defense holds the G-men to 100 yards over the first three quarters, they will find a way to hand the game to New York in the fourth

That is the absolute truth. They just arent finishers in Dallas. Whether its Romo choking or the D coming up small or the fluke icing of a kicker they just find a way to lose in heart breaking fashion in the 4th Q.

I wont look ahead to the playoffs because we arent there yet. If we can take care of business and win the divison or WC or whatever we have to do to be in the playoffs then we throw our hat in the ring and see what happens

Nobody expected Dallas to end New Orleans perfect season a few years ago but they did. You remember the Saints right , the ones that lost to the Seahawks in rd one last year ? Not hating on the Saints just saying anything can happen. Dallas has firepower on O and when they are clicking I think they certainly have a punchers chance to be in these games. I know they scored 13 vs the cards and I think Swammi may have mentioned they even had 10 days to prepare. I dont really care. I want to win the East. Ill worry about the playoffs once we are in

I like Cowboyz1 . He is the new Menudo. he could be the blindest homer ever but he is harmless and seems like a good dude. I know he gives you guys bulletin board material and most of you wet yourselves and need a cigarette the second you see a post from him. Thats great. A majority of the Boys fans on here see the same holes and issues that you guys clamor to remind us of. We arent stupid. We know Romo can bonehead a game away in the blink of an eye, We know the D breaks more than they bend late and we realize we dont have Tom Landry on the sidelines. We still control our own destiny though and can win the East if we string a few together. On a league level this isnt the battle of the century but to any fan of the Boys and Giants its a massive game with hugh implications. You would have to be "dream" ing if you dont see that

Nope I saw that one, Saints killed em.

But I can't see how people can look at the GB-NYG game and still think the Giants cannot beat any of the top teams in the NFC. I suppose if you buy into the "they only hung with the Packers because they were playing at home" then yeah, no way the Giants can advance in the playoffs beyond the divisional round (because they'll be on the road @ GB, NO or SF). But I don't buy that. I'm not saying it is likely that they beat those teams, only that I think there is a chance. (And a better chance than DAL doing it.)

Lots of big-mouthed Cowboys fans and none of them steps up and offers a bet? Sigline, cash, nekkid pics of TimC, avatar, tube socks?

I dont do avatar bets or sigs but I would put 20 on it with you