[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants vs. Cowboys

Cowboyz1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't suck...its actually kinda fun to get to watch Dallas implode every year :wacko:

So what your saying is it's a lot like watching the Eagles year in and year out. Win, win win get to the championship and kablooweee. Win win win get to the championship and kablooweee. Win win win get to the Superbowl and kablooweeee........win win win get to the payoffs kablooweee..

Well this year is a bit different...........spend spend spend and kablooweeee.......

Stay thirsty my friend......... :tup:

So what your saying is it's a lot like watching the Eagles year in and year out. Win, win win get to the championship and kablooweee. Win win win get to the championship and kablooweee. Win win win get to the Superbowl and kablooweeee........win win win get to the payoffs kablooweee..

Well this year is a bit different...........spend spend spend and kablooweeee.......

Stay thirsty my friend......... :tup:

:wacko: What they spend has no bearing on my enjoyment of watching football. I would think that you, a fan of a team that has notoriously been one to bring in high-priced free agents, should know that. A team is is either good or bad...regardless of what they spend. I'm just smart enough to know which mine is....you, on the other had, suffer from some form of derangement in the sense that you think your team still has even a puncher's chance of doing something this year.

As mentioned, you have belittled fans of other teams by saying it "Doesn't matter how many times you go to the playoffs....how many Super Bowls do you have? Unless you win it all, it doesn't matter. ". So I'll save you some time....using your own definition, your season won't matter.

or the PHL-NYG game three weeks ago...heck, even the DAL-ARZ game last week.

neither of these teams are going anywhere this year....kinda like Seattle last year. They may win one game in an upset over a wild-card team (yes, whoever wins this division will be an underdog to the wildcard), but there is no shot they go any further. None. Zero.

And as Dallas fans have aptly reminded everyone all these years.....unless you win the whole thing, nothing else really matters anyway. So basically, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time.

And the winner of todays Doooosh award goes to the beloved and happy, Swammi. Your life must be really difficult. You can PM me anytime you need to talk to someone who cares.

Cowboyz1, have you ever predicted a loss in a big game?

Should be a good one..

Well that's a very good question............I believe I can honestly say NO. :wacko:

But you may be on to something there........

Yes it should be a very good game.........Can't wait. I wish I could sleep the next three days and wake up on sunday.

... basically, this entire thread is a waste of everyone's time.
Let me clue you in there Swammi my boy ........... most of the time when when somebody makes a statement like that they don't continue to post a half dozen times in the so called " ... waste of everyone's time" ... thread.

Regarding the game ... these two teams are each coming into this game with a losing streak. The Gmen are 4 games without a win and the Boys being embarrassed in their loss to the Cards last wk.

I'd give the win to the Cowboys as the Giants seem to be in a downward spiral. Whereas Dallas has a couple of motivations to make the difference: # 1 Maintaining their one game lead, # 2 To bounce back after being embarrassed, # 3 Please their home crowd fans.

Dallas's Def is not the best but the NYG may have bigger issues with their soft run defense, giving Murray the opportunity to take the pressure away from Romo.

Dallas by a TD.

:wacko:

Edited by BadDawg

I looked at the game again and from what I saw this was a very hard fought game right down to the end. I thought Romo played his arse off under heavy pressure by the Cards. They sent blitz after blitz after blitz and I blame the O line and JG for not incorporating the screen game even once to slow down the blitz.

Just an FYI from this week's JUMBOtron to counter your blitz excuse:

Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 149.3 with 15 TDs and 1 interception when facing the blitz this season.

Carry on.

Just an FYI from this week's JUMBOtron to counter your blitz excuse:

Carry on.

My point was that A Rodgers has WR that are where they are suppose to be especially in blitzing situations. Austin is the only guy we really have that understands the hot reads and knows where to be and he's been out for what 8 weeks this year? Rogers has Jennings, Nelson, Finley and Driver whom all know exactly what to do on blitz reads and where to be. They have years of working in the same offense and the same QB. You can see by their numbers that they are on the same page in blitz situations.

Romo on the other hand has had moving parts all year long and rather then prove to him they know what they're suppose to do, they prove that with out a doubt they are not very reliable when it comes to running the right route or reading the same keys and ajusting correctly. Holley believe it or not has been the only one that makes good route decisions and catches the ball. But he only has what 5 or 6 catches all season. Ogletree blew two reads against the niners in the red zone and a couple more against Miami and Washington. Robinson has been the lone bright spot.

Holley, Ogletree and to some point Dez are still learning what to do.

Austin and Witten are the two trusted recievers that Romo can trust to be where they are suppose to. Lately Witten and Dez have been doubled so hot reads have been left up to Holly and Robinson. Robinson is the most experienced but he only has 8 weeks with Romo in this offense.

Let's see what happens with Austin now back. I'm anticipating a big difference in success agaisnt the blitz once Austin gets back up to speed.

Edited by Cowboyz1

My point was that A Rodgers has WR that are where they are suppose to be especially in blitzing situations. Austion is the only guy we really have that understands the hot reads and knows where to be and he's been out for what 8 weeks this year? Rogers has Jennings, Nelson, Finley and Driver whom all know exactly what to do on blitz reads and where to be. They have years of working in the same offense and the same QB. You can see by their numbers that they are on the same page in blitz situations.

Romo on the other hand has had moving parts all year long and rather then prove to him they know what they're suppose to do, they prove that with out a doubt they are not very reliable when it comes to running the right route or reading the same keys and ajusting correctly. Holley believe it or not has been the only one that makes good route decisions and catches the ball. But he only has what 5 or 6 catches all season. Ogletree blew two reads against the niners in the red zone and a couple more against Miami and Washington. Robinson has been the lone bright spot.

Holly, Ogletree and to some point Dez are still learning what to do.

Austin and Witten are the two trusted recievers that Romo can trust to be where they are suppose to. Lately Witten and Dez have been doubled so hot reads have been left up to Holly and Robinson. Robinson is the most experienced but he only has 8 weeks with Romo in this offense.

Let's see what happens with Austin now back. I'm anticipating a big difference in success agaisnt the blitz once Austin gets back up to speed.

fair enough

Boy this game has really got me excited. Just dont know which teams are.gonna show up tomorrow night. The giants team that beat NE and gave GB a solid game or the one we have seen most of the year, an average club. The Cowboys that got after Brady and smothered a good NE squad and played gritty football while running the ball and controlling field position and the clock. Or the mediocre team that makes as many mistakes as good plays.

I just think the Cowboys best is better then the Giants best this year. Our secondary is the wild card for the Cowboys as is the running game with Murray. For the Giants its how they run the football and their o line.

Dallas apologists, come on down...you are the next contestants on "The Choke is Right".

The Million Dollar Question: Who choked the most:

1. Demarcus Ware: handing the Giants two key 5-yard penalties on their final drive, simply by not paying attention.

2. Tony Romo: handing the Giants an early lead with a brutal safety, then missing a wide-open Austin on 3rd-and-5 which would have won the game.

3. Rex Ryan: the leader of a joke of a defense, calling blita after blitz that were apparent to a prepared Manning

4. Dan Bailey: just how many games in a row can you cost your team? The ball is supposed to go through the uprights, not left or into the line.

BTW, please see my sigline...TIA.

Dallas apologists, come on down...you are the next contestants on "The Choke is Right".

The Million Dollar Question: Who choked the most:

1. Demarcus Ware: handing the Giants two key 5-yard penalties on their final drive, simply by not paying attention.

2. Tony Romo: handing the Giants an early lead with a brutal safety, then missing a wide-open Austin on 3rd-and-5 which would have won the game.

3. Rex Ryan: the leader of a joke of a defense, calling blita after blitz that were apparent to a prepared Manning

4. Dan Bailey: just how many games in a row can you cost your team? The ball is supposed to go through the uprights, not left or into the line.

BTW, please see my sigline...TIA.

FWIW, he made the "first" one, and the beast that is JPP blocked the second.

FWIW, he made the "first" one, and the beast that is JPP blocked the second.

replays showed JPP blocked it because Bailey hit it low to make sure he had the distance :wacko: uh, it wasn't a 60-yard driver that was needed there...more like a four-iron.

maybe he can wear his big-boy pants next time and make two in a row :tup:

replays showed JPP blocked it because Bailey hit it low to make sure he had the distance :wacko: uh, it wasn't a 60-yard driver that was needed there...more like a four-iron.

maybe he can wear his big-boy pants next time and make two in a row :tup:

.... and because JPP is a monster.