[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro-Bowl QBs

i_am_the_swammi

In the NFC, it seems a virtual lock that Rodgers, Brees and Newton will be named.

In the AFC, its Brady....and then...wait for it.....Tebow? And if Brady's Patriots are in the Super Bowl, will Tebow actually start the Pro-Bowl?!?! :wacko:

Seriously, I am not sure there is another QB in the AFC that warrants even a sniff. Rivers? Flacco? Big Ben? maybes, at best...

I forget how pro bowlers are selected, but if there is a fan vote element, Tebow is probably going... As for other AFC QBs, Roethlosberger is the most likely since his team is winning. Can't see Rivers or Flacco over Tebow.

players, coaches and fans all vote...each segment garners 33.3% of the weight.

Brady and Roethlisberger for sure.

After that, it's a huge drop off to the 3rd choice. Pretty much a pick 'em between guys like Moore, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Rivers and, yes, Tebow. You could make arguments for and against any of these guys and you wouldn't really be any more right or wrong than anyone else.

I'm actually voting right now and noticed that Victor Cruz isn't an option for NFC WRs. That's some B.S.

I agree! Cruz is, in my opinion the WR1a in NY, and he's been doing some amazing things (as well as keeping me atop my fantasy division )

On topic, I think I'd vote for Fitzpatrick over Tebow.

Brady and Roethlisberger for sure.

Really? He's had a Pro Bowl year? I must have missed it. He's been adequate, but not much more than that...only 19 TDs, and 10 INTs? Compared to Tebow's 6-1 record, 13 total TDs and 1 INT in 5 less starts...all right after they traded their #1 WR (Lloyd)?

I am as sick as anyone of the Tebow hoopla, but seriously...Roethlisberger?

Really? He's had a Pro Bowl year? I must have missed it. He's been adequate, but not much more than that...only 19 TDs, and 10 INTs? Compared to Tebow's 6-1 record, 13 total TDs and 1 INT in 5 less starts...all right after they traded their #1 WR (Lloyd)?

:wacko:

You have just incurred the wrath of The Menudo. be afraid.

The Steelers have become a passing oriented team over the time he's been there. They may not have a lot of passing TDs (19 in 12 games is low), and the 2/1 TD/INT ratio is high for picks. But Ben is 3rd in passing yards and QB rating in the AFC. He attempts over 30 passes per game, and completes about 65%. Tebow attempts about 20 per game and completes less than 50%. TD/INT ratio is only one stat to look at. As many have said, its a lot easier to not throw INT when you only pass throw the ball so little.

As a Browns fan I'm no fan of Ben and early in his career I argued that he benefited greatly from a strong running game and very good defense. (He wasn't the stud QB many PIT fans were claiming.) But I have to admit he is one of the top QBs in the AFC.

I understand the "stats" of Tebow, but seriously having him in the Pro Bowl is a stretch because he often plays mediocre at best. (If he goes they should just have him come in the 4th Qtr to bring the AFC back from 10 points down).

I would argue that Roethlisberger plays behind one of the worst offensive lines in all of football, and continues to put up yardage and lead the team to wins. I think the year they beat the Cardinals was the worst offensive line to ever win a Super Bowl. He isn't the best QB in the league, but, his skills work for the Steelers, who have struggled to put together a solid O-line for several years now.

I would argue that Roethlisberger plays behind one of the worst offensive lines in all of football, and continues to put up yardage and lead the team to wins. I think the year they beat the Cardinals was the worst offensive line to ever win a Super Bowl. He isn't the best QB in the league, but, his skills work for the Steelers, who have struggled to put together a solid O-line for several years now.

If I were an O-lineman who could find work in multiple places in the NFL, I wouldn't choose to bend over in front of Roethlisberger, either (well, unless I were paid a really obscene amount of money...).

I totally get that he's done well behind an average-at-best, pathetic-at-worst OL....

But let me ask you: how good would be be with, instead of Wallace/Brown/Miller as targets....he had Decker/Thomas/Rosario?

Behind a poor offensive line, he is ranked in the AFC:

3rd in QB Rating (Brady & Schaub)

3rd in Yards Per Game (Brady & Rivers)

3rd in Completion % (Brady & Fitzpatrick)

4th in Yards Per Completion (Brady, Schaub & Palmer)

3rd in TD's (Brady & Fitzpatrick)

1st in times sacked :wacko:

All of that, and the team is 9-3. I'd say he has a pretty good argument to be there.

I totally get that he's done well behind an average-at-best, pathetic-at-worst OL....

But let me ask you: how good would be be with, instead of Wallace/Brown/Miller as targets....he had Decker/Thomas/Rosario?

No argument that the Steelers have a good, young receiving corps. Trust me though, by extending plays, which he is great at, Roethlisberger has really helped the receivers more than the other way around. When he creates time and extends plays, Wallace, Brown & Sanders are able to really make use of their speed.

P.S. I wish the Steelers had an average offensive line. It is well below average.