[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golden Tate

If you drafted Tate in a re-draft league hoping for great things, then you deserve to get burnt. However, if you still have him on your DTS in a dynasty, I'd keep him there another year. Next year will be the big year for Tate. Not only does he see more than half the snaps of any other WR in Seattle, he catches the balls thrown his way when whoever the inept QB for the Chickens gets it there. He's turned into a rock solid down-the-field blocker. A thing that KEEPS young WR's off the field. His route running has also improved. For now, he is a victim of his QB IMO. If anybody wants to trade me him in a dynasty, I'm all ears.

If you drafted Tate in a re-draft league hoping for great things, then you deserve to get burnt. However, if you still have him on your DTS in a dynasty, I'd keep him there another year. Next year will be the big year for Tate. Not only does he see more than half the snaps of any other WR in Seattle, he catches the balls thrown his way when whoever the inept QB for the Chickens gets it there. He's turned into a rock solid down-the-field blocker. A thing that KEEPS young WR's off the field. His route running has also improved. For now, he is a victim of his QB IMO. If anybody wants to trade me him in a dynasty, I'm all ears.

:wacko:

He's getting snaps because of injuries. If Tate is a victim of his QB, it's odd that Baldwin is leading all rookie WRs in production.

Edited by bushwacked

This is an example of the hype associated with Golden Tate: "He'll[Golden Tate] be in position to take over a huge role for us." (Pete Carroll, June 2011)

In addition, I have been hearing for years (yes, about three, as the hype started while he was still in college) that Tate is destined for greatness. Consider this as an additional example of Tate-hoopla. Granted, I am also surrounded by a lot of Notre Dame alum and fans in my life, so perhaps I have been hearing Tate's name getting pumped (pimped?) at a higher level of frequency than the average Jacques, but as a FF owner I have several times picked him up after reading some knowledgeable insider tout Golden Tate as a breakout WR.

Perhaps "burned" was too strong of a term, as I never stuck Tate in a lineup. "Wasted my time" is perhaps more accurate.

And let's not forget about all the hoopla over his Maple Bar Doughnut Addiction. Yes, it's time to bring all the dirty laundry out now and pile on.

Ask Baldwin and Deon Butler (who has also made more plays than Tate despite being out with a broken leg for the last year).

You really can't see the distinction between a guy who came in more NFL ready, and a converted RB who needs time to live up to his upside?

It's absokutely foolish to believe that we've already seen all Tate has to offer in just his first year in a half in the league. I'm not even going to break into all the examples of rookies who take time to earn a significant role, because both you and I know there's way more examples of rookie WRs, partivularly those picked after the mid/late first in rookie drafts that take time to develop...

Edited by delusions of granduer

He's getting snaps because of injuries. If Tate is a victim of his QB, it's odd that Baldwin is leading all rookie WRs in production.

Thats odd. I posted the snap count vs. the Eagles.

Injuries? Ya must mean Sidney Rice. Ok..lets look at the Redskins game:

Snap count:

Tate: 42 - 20pass/22run block

Obomanu: 34 - 21pass/13run block

Baldwin: 27 - 25pass/2run block

S.Rice: 25 - 1run/14pass/10run block

Williams 22 - 14pass/8 run block

There was never any argument over which WR leads in production. Baldwin is outproducing Tate by a 3/1 margin. But, the past 2 games has seen Tates snap count dwarf all the other WR's by a wide margin. Again, I'm not a Tate homer, but the snap count doesn't lie and its a telling stat. You can spin it whatever way you want but the fact is the kid is getting on the field. Not sure how anyone can say he's playing himself off the roster. Thats kinda silly when you look at the numbers.

And BTW: I hope you do realize that over the past few games, T-Jax's pass plays have been cut in half with the emergence of Lynch right?

Edited by tazinib1

Not sure how anyone can say he's playing himself off the roster. Thats kinda silly when you look at the numbers.

Because he's been outproduced by almost every other WR on the roster since he's been on the team; and he's headcase. Hey, it's only my opinion, but it's in line with the other Hawk homers who've chimed in. This thread is deja vu of the John Carlson thread where you were convinced he was going to be a top 5 TE.

Tate targets: 3

Baldwin targets: 10

:wacko: Touche!!

Care to guess who was covering Tate? DeAngelo Hall :tup:

Care to guess who was covering Baldwin? Wilson and Landry

Again, I'm not here to boast up Tate or downgrade Baldwin (who I'd also love to have on my dynasty). I think I've made my position pretty clear.

Because he's been outproduced by almost every other WR on the roster since he's been on the team; and he's headcase. Hey, it's only my opinion, but it's in line with the other Hawk homers who've chimed in. This thread is deja vu of the John Carlson thread where you were convinced he was going to be a top 5 TE.

You had to bring that up didn't ya...why I oughta!!

Tate targets: 3

Baldwin targets: 10

Tate wasn't even starting that game, and isn't it interesting that after Tate scored in that game, he got targeted and made the most of them in the next game where he drew the start and scored again.

Also consider that in those 2 games since Golden has started earning siginificant playing time, Baldwin has only caught 6 balls out of 14 targets (42%), while Tate has caught 5 of 7 (71%)... And moreover, Baldwin is simply a good reciever who will probably never be more than a slot guy. He doesn't have the same game-breaking potential as Tate, plain and simple...

Yes the jury is still out if Tate can continue to improve, or if the situation in Seattle will even allow for him to be a FF factor, but sorry, you're talking out of your ass trying to compare what Baldwin has done to what Tate could be capable of...

Edited by delusions of granduer

:wacko: Touche!!

Care to guess who was covering Tate? DeAngelo Hall :tup:

Care to guess who was covering Baldwin? Wilson and Landry

Again, I'm not here to boast up Tate or downgrade Baldwin (who I'd also love to have on my dynasty). I think I've made my position pretty clear.

Who was covering Sidney Rice and Mike Williams?

talking out of your ass trying to compare what Baldwin has done to what Tate could be capable of...

:tup: I'm purely looking at production, where beyond Rice, Tate has had young unproven WRs, two of them undrafted, and a former "biggest WR bust of all time" to compete against.

You say Tate is the next Steve Smith and I'm the one talking out of my ass. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Tate wasn't even starting that game, and isn't it interesting that after Tate scored in that game, he got targeted and made the most of them in the next game where he drew the start and scored again.

Also consider that in those 2 games since Golden has started earning siginificant playing time, Baldwin has only caught 6 balls out of 14 targets (42%), while Tate has caught 5 of 7 (71%)... And moreover, Baldwin is simply a good reciever who will probably never be more than a slot guy. He doesn't have the same game-breaking potential as Tate, plain and simple...

Yes the jury is still out if Tate can continue to improve, or if the situation in Seattle will even allow for him to be a FF factor, but sorry, you're talking out of your ass trying to compare what Baldwin has done to what Tate could be capable of...

Now you are just being silly.

Sidney Rice was covered by Josh Wilson and Oj Otagwe on his 2 targets

Mike Williams was covered by D.Hall on his 2 targets

I have a hard time believing that Washington focused their best corner on Tate; who had 16 catches coming into that game. Is that what you are claiming?

:tup: I'm purely looking at production, where beyond Rice, Tate has had young players and a former biggest bust of all time to compete against.

You say Tate is the next Steve Smith and I'm the one talking out of my ass. :wacko:

Exactly. You're talking about production as if he's a seasoned vet, not a developmental prospect in the middle of his second year. That's just plain silly.

I said "I see", meaning my opinion, that he could be a Steve Smith type player. I have nowhere claimed with any certainty that Tate is going to make it long term, or even this year, or I wouldn't have started the thread to get opinions... But when you're going on about how he's on the verge of getting cut, and that a raw converted RB has been outperformed in his young career before he's earned significant playing time, I'm sorry, but I think that's jumping the gun to just give up on him so soon and compare him to the other WRs yet...

Now you are just being silly.

Why? I've not said anywhere in this thread that he's a surefire prospect, but as he's shown in the last few games, he appears capable of doing things Baldwin isn't.... That doesn't mean he'll succeed, but he certainly appears to have a much higher potential ceiling than the UDFA...

I have a hard time believing that Washington focused their best corner on Tate; who had 16 catches coming into that game. Is that what you are claiming?

yes....I have a subscription to ProFootballFocus that breaks down every single play. It's a fact.

Edited by tazinib1

That doesn't mean anything. Defense assignments are often based on sides and parts of the field moreso than particular personnel on the offensive side.

Edited by electricrelish

One more point before I leave this alone, but consider that Baldwin has had 2 TDs all year, while Tate has had 2 in his past 2 games.

Taz, do you have the list of how many snaps Tate was playing before 2 weeks ago? I don't believe that he had earned enough playing time before then, but I could be mistaken. However, in the last 2 games he has gotten lots of snaps, he has found the endzone.

One more point before I leave this alone, but consider that Baldwin has had 2 TDs all year, while Tate has had 2 in his past 2 games.

Taz, do you have the list of how many snaps Tate was playing before 2 weeks ago? I don't believe that he had earned enough playing time before then, but I could be mistaken. However, in the last 2 games he has gotten lots of snaps, he has found the endzone.

I'll give you all his snap counts and after this, I too am gonna let this one die.

Week 1: 39

Week 2: 14

Week 3: 14

Week 4: 6

Week 5: 31

Week 7: 13

Week 8: 26

Week 9: 21

Week 10: 31

Week 11: 38