[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo Censorship?

TurboCowboy

Chile Relleno con quesadilla?

Me gusta a comer las chile rellenas, pero si ella tiene el queso, gracias, pero no lo quiero....jajaja.

Tambien, es perfectamente bueno a usar palabars en otras lenguas.....como.....Quiero cagar en la cara de Mike Shananan porque el odia todos los jugadores de futbol fantastico.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen this. I don't see a 'report abuse' button on Yahoo.

Not sure why they would target your league, but perhaps it's been noted and they check it.

I'm a webmaster of a news site and we have people who casually watch the comments of articles. If there are really salty comments, they are removed sometimes. In any case, what we always say is that it's our website(for some reason, people seem to think it's like an open domain. Like it's 'theirs'. They get upset if they are banned or their comments are deleted.). If you don't like it, don't read it, or don't visit our site.

So, as you suggested, perhaps a move to a different website is necessary.

I'll say this: Yahoo isn't bad for being free. Yes, I wish it had more, but,again, it's free. I want to leave, but moving the past records/stats would be either a) not possible on most sites or :wacko: cost prohibitive (ie, we're too cheap to pay for a fantasy football site).

ESPN has a better user interface and has never removed/edited/censored any post ever.....only thing is it does use a censor for team names. Besides that ESPN is pretty good for a free league. That's what I use

Woodside Warrior---where do you find this "Yahoo Hall of Fame of Smack" or w/e it's called....I'd love to read through some of those.

Agreed with tazinib1: I am in one Yahoo!-based league where some owners try to outdo each other with some of the most vile, over-the-top idiocy you can imagine, usually involving such motifs as mothers and obscene sexual situations. Never a problem with censorship. Perhaps someone in the league is a closet tattletale and is marking posts for removal?

Bingo

I've never seen this. I don't see a 'report abuse' button on Yahoo.

Not sure why they would target your league, but perhaps it's been noted and they check it.

I'm a webmaster of a news site and we have people who casually watch the comments of articles. If there are really salty comments, they are removed sometimes. In any case, what we always say is that it's our website(for some reason, people seem to think it's like an open domain. Like it's 'theirs'. They get upset if they are banned or their comments are deleted.). If you don't like it, don't read it, or don't visit our site.

So, as you suggested, perhaps a move to a different website is necessary.

I'll say this: Yahoo isn't bad for being free. Yes, I wish it had more, but,again, it's free. I want to leave, but moving the past records/stats would be either a) not possible on most sites or :tup: cost prohibitive (ie, we're too cheap to pay for a fantasy football site).

Thanks for the input. Some posts might call someone a "pansy" or other innocent funny stupid language that isn't even close to profanity and those posts have been removed. My last post had stuff about a guy getting pulled off an airplane at O'Hare for playing Angry Birds XXIV Putrid Funk, (making fun of Alec Baldwin's episode), etc in it. Nothing in it other than what sounded like real life craziness but in a very clearly humorous form was mentioned. I talked about the the league commissioner finding out that sabotage of the playoff game and aircraft en route to it was possible by one of the teams, and lots of other garbage. May sound nuts, but I wonder if there is some BIGGER entity monitoring that stuff and wondered if it could have been TERROR related... lol

Yeah...that didn't happen, but I remain perplexed. How could our little 'ol league be censored...

:wacko:

It's their site. They can monitor it as they please. If you don't like it, there are plenty of alternatives - use one of them

you get what you pay for

oh snap ! I forgot u didn't have to pay anything

well, so much for that argument

I hope you guys are trolling otherwise you are both bags of dicks.

Me gusta a comer las chile rellenas, pero si ella tiene el queso, gracias, pero no lo quiero....jajaja.

Tambien, es perfectamente bueno a usar palabars en otras lenguas.....como.....Quiero cagar en la cara de Mike Shananan porque el odia todos los jugadores de futbol fantastico.

Nice

dude, don't be so naive. someone knows your password. it may be your wife, your kid, I don;t know, but someone is logging in as you and deleting your posts. it is the only way. yahoo! has no time to monitor every league message board.

Change your password.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

?

Those were two of the things I first thought of when I read the post. Well, other than the fact that I'm in a few Yahoo leagues and can't recall anything getting cut despite some of it being quite racy.

But, mostly, I don't get complaining about a Yahoo league. It's free. You can set it up to score a bunch of different ways, there's a free app you can download on to your phone and monitor your team and league (more than one league, in fact), and they have handy features for talking smack and such. All this for the low-low price of nothing.

If that's not good enough for you, then there are sites that you can spend your money on. It's really that simple.

No actually both of those posts were spot on. Just another symptom of our society today, somebody gives people something for free and they complain about it. Whether they're censoring the guy or something else is happening is questionable.

Its similar to complaining abuot free leagues and how taco isn't being handled properly, people cheating, commish is a enchilada, etc. (Of course they don't usually tell you up front that its a free league.)

I am amazed that a lot people think I would be okay for Yahoo to censor a private message board or forum because you get to play for free.

Yeah, like Yahoo is a non-profit organization. They have to provide a service just like any other service company. It is not a service to censor a private forum (even if it is probably only hypothetical).

Yahoo doesn't provide you with the option to play fantasy football out of the goodness of their heart. It is in fact a business and you are in fact allowed to expect a minimum if service even if you doesn't pay a monetary fee.

I am amazed that a lot people think I would be okay for Yahoo to censor a private message board or forum because you get to play for free.

Yeah, like Yahoo is a non-profit organization. They have to provide a service just like any other service company. It is not a service to censor a private forum (even if it is probably only hypothetical).

Yahoo doesn't provide you with the option to play fantasy football out of the goodness of their heart. It is in fact a business and you are in fact allowed to expect a minimum if service even if you doesn't pay a monetary fee.

I am amazed that you don't seem to comprehend the concept of what a privately publicly owned business is.

Edited for accuracy. Yahoo is publicly traded.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'd bet a..something valuable, (its early. shut up) that you have some sort of filter set up on your browser, or some settings set, or even a proxy that filters ads and blah blah, and somewhere in there those posts are getting removed at the application level.

I used to have Norton Internet Security, and that thing would remove links and text like nothing, and i finally figured it out in a drunken stupor.

trust me, Yahoo is not censoring you. They would've called the Gustapo on me, and probably rightfully so, because the things I would say, were....just...vile.

I am amazed that you don't seem to comprehend the concept of what a privately owned business is.

We are done here. No reason to fill this thread with even more spam.

You sir, are clearly as dumb as they come. I am not amazed by that by the way.

I am amazed that you don't understand it is Yahoos site and they can pretty much do what they want within their Terms & Conditions and applicable laws. If you want a turly "private message board" create one yourself, host on a web site of yours and do what you want.

It isn't because the league is free, or the site is even free. Our league pays a lot fo CBS and if they censored our posts I might have more reason to complain (since you know I'm paying money for it). But ultimately it isn't MINE so I don't expect to have full control.

As I said, another sympton of today's society. The same as the people who post stupid things on Facebook then get upset when somebody holds it against them. Well DUH, if you didn't make it private enough, and basically shout it out for the whole world to hear, that's your problem.

I am amazed that you don't understand it is Yahoos site and they can pretty much do what they want within their Terms & Conditions and applicable laws. If you want a turly "private message board" create one yourself, host on a web site of yours and do what you want.

It isn't because the league is free, or the site is even free. Our league pays a lot fo CBS and if they censored our posts I might have more reason to complain (since you know I'm paying money for it). But ultimately it isn't MINE so I don't expect to have full control.

As I said, another sympton of today's society. The same as the people who post stupid things on Facebook then get upset when somebody holds it against them. Well DUH, if you didn't make it private enough, and basically shout it out for the whole world to hear, that's your problem.

Excuse me, I currently hold the title of being as dumb as they come. Please refrain from trying to usurp my crown.

You do realize that we're conducting this debate on a website that offers free forums and "censors" the content of said forum by editing content it deems offensive by switching those words and phrases for names of Mexican dishes. Which I feel is not only a violation of my 1st amendment rights (and you all can quit with that rubbish about the constitution only protecting me from the government not mean people like DMD) but is also particularly offensive to me as the owner of a Mexican restaurant.

I'm outraged that you would patronize a forum that commits these atrocities and, of all things, pretend to care at all about what Yahoo is doing in light of essentially being an enabler to DMD's Big Brotherish and uniquely hurtful tactics.

Edited by detlef

You do realize that we're conducting this debate on a website that offers free forums and "censors" the content of said forum by editing content it deems offensive by switching those words and phrases for names of Mexican dishes. Which I feel is not only a violation of my 1st amendment rights (and you all can quit with that rubbish about the constitution only protecting me from the government not mean people like DMD) but is also particularly offensive to me as the owner of a Mexican restaurant.

I'm outraged that you would patronize a forum that commits these atrocities and, of all things, pretend to care at all about what Yahoo is doing in light of essentially being an enabler to DMD's Big Brotherish tactics.

:tup:

:banned:

Excuse me, I currently hold the title of being as dumb as they come. Please refrain from trying to usurp my crown.

Please I may be a candidate for NTOTY but I'll need years of saying dumb things to even come close to challenging you for your crown. :wacko:

Edited by stevegrab

Please I may be a candidate for NTOTY but I'll need years of saying dumb things to even come close to challenging you for your crown. :tup:

You're well on your way. Just a little more experience until the MB slows down for you, and you will be a legitimate challenger for the title. In the meantime, learn from the master.