[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yahoo Censorship?

TurboCowboy

Please I may be a candidate for NTOTY but I'll need years of saying dumb things to even come close to challenging you for your crown. :wacko:

Well, I do think that Papajohn, despite making a decent pizza at a very reasonable price, is quickly usurping you for that crown as well.

Better start digging for a new crown to wear.

Newbie of the year actually has some prestige to it, so perhaps shooting for that one is an idea.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do think that Papajohn, despite making a decent pizza at a very reasonable price, is quickly usurping you for that crown as well.

Better start digging for a new crown to wear.

Newbie of the year actually has some prestige to it, so perhaps shooting for that one is an idea.

In all seriousness I've never tried to be a tool, nor do I want to be thought of one. I'm here to receive and give information, advice, etc. I know I have been a little thin skinned at times, and probably comment too often and write too much.

I think it was Swammi who posted once "so the question is what category to put him in, NOTY or NTOTY".

In all seriousness I've never tried to be a tool, nor do I want to be thought of one. I'm here to receive and give information, advice, etc. I know I have been a little thin skinned at times, and probably comment too often and write too much.

I think it was Swammi who posted once "so the question is what category to put him in, NOTY or NTOTY".

that's a helluva compliment. Every newbie is automatically NTOTY...especially to swammi

TC the inappropriate post i put on my league's message board wasn't removed - so it appears they dont have some sort of universal filter in place.

if you want to end the speculation, click the help link in the top right corner of your leagues home page and then hit contact us at the top of the page.

in the past yahoo has actually responded to questions about league settings and features.

if there was any sort of policing of ff message boards by yahoo, there already wouldve been an exodus. who wants clean trash talk?

site glitch or league snitch are my guesses.

Edited by Grogansghost

I want that crown. I want it bad. But I also know it will take something special to get it of Billy, så here goes:

I feel bad for you guys,. You clearly want to f*** each other. But you can't because you are so full of sh**, so you will probably have to settle for an old fashion instead. Bummer.

:wacko:

(it's a joke, don't get carried away)

I want that crown. I want it bad. But I also know it will take something special to get it of Billy, så here goes:

I feel bad for you guys,. You clearly want to f*** each other. But you can't because you are so full of sh**, so you will probably have to settle for an old fashion instead. Bummer.

:tup:

(it's a joke, don't get carried away)

Use the atual words and let the word filter do the work for you, like this

Nu Wave Oven, mother burritoer, chimicanga

ETA remove the ones that weren't filtered :wacko:

Edited by stevegrab

TC the inappropriate post i put on my league's message board wasn't removed - so it appears they dont have some sort of universal filter in place.

if you want to end the speculation, click the help link in the top right corner of your leagues home page and then hit contact us at the top of the page.

Thanks Grogan! Here's an update. I reposted the same post last night and it remains as of today. Recall, that it was up for around 45 minutes the first time. Also, this is the first time in a long time that this has happened. One guy in the league speculated that because this used to happen all the time, that back then, and maybe now, they mistakenly confused private league with public league and thought they were reading a public league post this time.

Anyway, from a service perspective, I love using Yahoo for fantasy football. Their Stat Tracker is awesome.

So, thanks to everyone for their input! I've read every post here and value all of your takes on it, even if you tear me a new one. Frankly, I have no clue what happened and doubt we ever will. I know that I can be very wrong at times. Happy playoffs!

Use the atual words and let the word filter do the work for you, like this

Nu Wave Oven, mother burritoer, chimicanga

ETA remove the ones that weren't filtered :wacko:

Sorry. I didn't realize you weren't able to fill the blanks.

I've been commissioner of our league for over 10 years. Around 5 years ago, Yahoo began censoring our league posts in our private league. Any foul language, any language whatsoever, that sounded slightly derogatory of other teams, or was in any way caught by whoever is reading our posts, was simply deleted. Yahoo would delete our posts regularly. That practice stopped a few years ago, but it's reared its ugly head again! :tup:

Today, even after missing the playoffs with the second highest scoring team (I'm bitter), I took the time to write out a ridiculously funny post for the lucky guys who made the playoffs and the post was up for about 45 minutes. I texted everyone to let them know.

Now, the post is gone and in its place is a blank post with this: "A Yahoo! User ()"

I recall that we speculated that they had people reading all private posts and deleting anything that was off color in any way, shape or form because the guys in my league weren't posting profanity. It was just wild and silly stuff that helps make fantasy football fun.

Anyone else experience this censorship by Yahoo? I've had it with Yahoo and think it's time for monumental changes in our league. Next year I'll consider CBS, ESPN, and others so long as they won't censor our private league's posts.

Thoughts? Experiences? I'd appreciate your input! Thanks!!!

SIDE NOTE: Yahoo has been a text book case of one of the most poorly managed companies in the world. They have continually made terrible management decisions and will continue to fall from their once lofty position as a dominant internet company.

yahoo did not delete your post(s). It has been having issues with message board posts. Last week I (commish) made several innocuous posts that seemingly took, but then disappeared. Two of them came back eventually. This is their software problem, which sucks, but has nothing to do with censorship. I doubt message boards in the private leagues are monitored for content. Waste of time and resources.

My team name was "The Badonkadonks" 2 yrs ago. For most of the season I would post a fat ass as my team pic. That was until yahoo found me, and started deleted the pics.

was it a fat hairy ass? That makes all the difference, you know.

It's official, the terrorists have certainly won.

You are the only one who has mentioned amendments, freedom of speech and terrorists. Maybe you should take a second to wonder why that is?

I know there is a lot of white noise in communication in general and especially away from face-to-face communication, but you should at least try to use some common sense when you are in the decoding proces.

I know it is not something you are used to, but give it a shot. After all we can teach dogs not to poop in the house, so there is no need to give up on you (even though it is a close one).

You are the only one who has mentioned amendments, freedom of speech and terrorists. Maybe you should take a second to wonder why that is?

I know there is a lot of white noise in communication in general and especially away from face-to-face communication, but you should at least try to use some common sense when you are in the decoding proces.

I know it is not something you are used to, but give it a shot. After all we can teach dogs not to poop in the house, so there is no need to give up on you (even though it is a close one).

?

What have I said that anyone would have to be afraid to say to someone in person?

Quite simply, I (and others) find this whole thing to be absurd. Here we are, using a forum that has language filters, arguing about a free service allegedly policing it's forums and editing content that they find to be objectionable. Again, it's their freaking site. For all I know, every one of us who signed up for it, signed away our god-given rights to be profane on that site when we clicked "accept". It's a cross I can bear because I realize Yahoo doesn't owe me dick in this regard. Apparently others can't.

Edited by detlef

?

What have I said that anyone would have to be afraid to say to someone in person?

Quite simply, I (and others) find this whole thing to be absurd. Here we are, using a forum that has language filters, arguing about a free service allegedly policing it's forums and editing content that they find to be objectionable. Again, it's their freaking site. For all I know, every one of us who signed up for it, signed away our god-given rights to be profane on that site when we clicked "accept". It's a cross I can bear because I realize Yahoo doesn't owe me dick in this regard. Apparently others can't.

And apparently some people cannot get sarcasm, or whitty humor. Or else somebody just pissed in papajohn's Wheaties this morning.

I guess he's never seen that expression used before.

He's right though, BB lost the crown, papajohn snatched it from him willingly.

So some weren't filtered?

Feels like the opportunity for a new contest.

Go ahead just rip of a profanity laced post. That is what I did, acting like I was Eddie Murphy in Raw (or was that Delirious, the one with the purple leather jump suit on all that goonie-goo-goo stuff).

..... Which I feel is not only a violation of my 1st amendment rights (and you all can quit with that rubbish about the constitution only protecting me from the government not mean people like DMD) but is also particularly offensive to me as the owner of a Mexican restaurant.

Gosh. I love mexican food. I would never disparage it. Nachos are one of my main food groups.

I must correct this...

I apologize for not catching "a bag of dicks" as I honestly would have never thought of that and am still not sure what it means other than literally which is just, well, yeah. Never thought of that one.