[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

next year first round ppr

budweiser

Generally, I see Rice as higher than many have him on here. I'd consider him #1 overall. To me, it's Rice, Foster, or McCoy and Rice has the advantages of no injury history PLUS playing on a good team with a good OL. Running behind Vonta Leech never hurt anyone either...

I think it's easy to underestimate how amazing Gronkowski and Graham have been this year. Look at these stats:

In my league Gronk has 251 points and Graham has 241 points. In standard non-ppr leagues Gronk has 171 and Graham has 146.

That places Gronk as the #3 WR if he was listed as a WR, and Graham as #4 in my league. In non-ppr Gronk would be #2 and Graham would be #4.

Although I wouldn't take a tight-end as my first overall pick (fortunately I don't have to, as in my auction partial keeper league I snagged Graham for $1 and will keep him next year for $2) I'd consider taking Gronk or Graham in the second round

I'm in only .5 PPR leagues as well, and QBs get 1 pt for every 25 yds passing, so mine would look like:

1. A.Foster

2. A.Rodgers

3. R.Rice

4. L.McCoy

5. M.Forte (depending on what his contract situation looks like)

6. A.Peterson

7. Calvin Johnson

8. C.Newton

9. W.Welker

10. M.Jones-Drew

11. D.McFadden (if I trust the 2010-healthwise guy shows up, not the 2011 one)

12. J.Charles

Funny how quickly people forget less than a year ago.

I don't know of any league where the owners didn't back off Vick b/c of the "he can't do that again" and injury concerns. He didn't go higher than 3rd-round in any of my leagues.

Neither of those are concerns with Rodgers.

Graham isn't even the #1 TE in my leagues. Gronk is.

mine too, but only by 19 total pts (that's about 1.6 pts/game for the math-challenged)

what's more likely? Graham getting 100 catches, 1,200 yards, and 10 TDs, or Gronk keeping up his pace for 16 TDs/year? given that the Patriots have another stud TE, I'll take the "safe" Graham every single time. far more likely to be consistent week-to-week. we all know that TDs are just not a given (even though Gronk seems to defy all trends)

mine too, but only by 19 total pts (that's about 1.6 pts/game for the math-challenged)

what's more likely? Graham getting 100 catches, 1,200 yards, and 10 TDs, or Gronk keeping up his pace for 16 TDs/year? given that the Patriots have another stud TE, I'll take the "safe" Graham every single time. far more likely to be consistent week-to-week. we all know that TDs are just not a given (even though Gronk seems to defy all trends)

Umm, how do you classify Aaron Hernandez as a "stud"? He's a promising young talent, I'd give you that, but he is NOT a stud....And if you take out ALL 13 of Gronk's TD's this year he is still a top-5 TE. And that's acting like he hasn't caught ONE TD this season. I see Graham being more inconsistent than Gronk just because the Saints have a surplus of viable options (Henderson, Meachem, Colston, Moore, Sproles in the passing game; Ingram for goal-line situations; Sproles, Thomas, Ivory to run down the field)...all those options, and I could see Graham regressing next year. I hope not, but if d's lock in on him Brees has no trouble going elsewhere

Umm, how do you classify Aaron Hernandez as a "stud"? He's a promising young talent, I'd give you that, but he is NOT a stud....And if you take out ALL 13 of Gronk's TD's this year he is still a top-5 TE. And that's acting like he hasn't caught ONE TD this season. I see Graham being more inconsistent than Gronk just because the Saints have a surplus of viable options (Henderson, Meachem, Colston, Moore, Sproles in the passing game; Ingram for goal-line situations; Sproles, Thomas, Ivory to run down the field)...all those options, and I could see Graham regressing next year. I hope not, but if d's lock in on him Brees has no trouble going elsewhere

and Brady doesn't?

Graham is the model of consistency, no reason to think otherwise. I've seen plenty of Saints games and teams already lock on him. It doesn't matter, the guy is uncoverable. You're banking on Gronk being an every single game, every single red zone target of Brady's. Not saying he won't more often than not, but that's a heck of a lot more of a gamble than Graham getting his 6-8 for 80-120 & a TD every game.

edit: sorry, forgot to address the Hernandez comment. ok, stud is somewhat of a reach, but he HAS averaged 4 rec for 50 yards & 1/2 a TD per game in his career. and a few of those games he barely played. no matter how you slice, that eats into Gronk's total production. Graham has no competition at his position on the Saints.

Edited by markgugs

and Brady doesn't?

Graham is the model of consistency, no reason to think otherwise. I've seen plenty of Saints games and teams already lock on him. It doesn't matter, the guy is uncoverable. You're banking on Gronk being an every single game, every single red zone target of Brady's. Not saying he won't more often than not, but that's a heck of a lot more of a gamble than Graham getting his 6-8 for 80-120 & a TD every game.

edit: sorry, forgot to address the Hernandez comment. ok, stud is somewhat of a reach, but he HAS averaged 4 rec for 50 yards & 1/2 a TD per game in his career. and a few of those games he barely played. no matter how you slice, that eats into Gronk's total production. Graham has no competition at his position on the Saints.

"somewhat of a reach"??? He just dropped an easy TD. He isn't a stud, or a semi-stud, or even consistent performer. He's just a young talented guy who has lots of room for improvement right now.

And did you even read my comment? If you take out ALL OF HIS TOUCHDOWNS this year he is still a TOP-5 TE.

And you also are attempting to argue Brady has the other weapons comparable to Brees, which just isn't true. With the exception of Wes Welker, he has guys like Deion Branch, Ochocinco, Underwood, Hernandez, Woodhead to throw to. That's incredibly unimpressive, and to say that is anywhere near the Saints offensive arsenal is ridiculous.

I can't argue that Graham has no competition at his position, but that is a completely useless statement. Graham has plenty of competition from the Saints WRs and RBs as I wrote above. Just because they don't have another receiving tight end means nothing.