[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow time!

CaptainHook

Just nothing like it.

You can't be a football fan and not be enamored with what he does in the fourth quarter.

He's either the Second Coming, or the Anti-Christ. I haven't decided which yet.

:wacko: I said the same thing while watching Marion Barber commit two beyond stupid mistakes. I'm voting anti-Christ because he makes the opposing players/coaches do asinine things.

Not a Tebow-hater, Lord Opie, but he did have a pick and a lost fumble today. I was speaking of other weeks, though, where Tebow's play was less-than-stellar, at least until the 4th quarter. Imagine what kind of FF QB he would be if he posted the kind of numbers he tosses at the end of the game for four whole quarters!

Also, "ugly" refers to the kinds of mistakes any young QB makes, and is not necessarily an indictment of Tebow. As a fan, I would rather my team had a QB who found ways to win than one who posted gaudy numbers in a losing season (AKA Mr. Cam Newton and the 4-9 Panthers).

Edited by historymike

Not a Tebow-hater, Lord Opie, but he did have a pick and a lost fumble today. I was speaking of other weeks, though, where Tebow's play was less-than-stellar, at least until the 4th quarter. Imagine what kind of FF QB he would be if he posted the kind of numbers he tosses at the end of the game for four whole quarters!

Well, in this case - the stupid prevent defense gave him all the time he needed and all the space to rack up numbers.

True, his WR's dropped some catchable passes today, but he was contained so well the entire game until the Bears just gave him the keys to the victory.

At this stage, he's going to have to beat the Jets or the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs, and that's going to be ugly...and if he finds a way to dummy those coaches into a comeback victory, I will be shocked.

At this stage, he's going to have to beat the Jets or the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs, and that's going to be ugly...and if he finds a way to dummy those coaches into a comeback victory, I will be shocked.

:confused:

Week 11 Nov 17 NYJ 13 @ DEN 17

:confused:

Week 11 Nov 17 NYJ 13 @ DEN 17

As you should be...they got pulled into a trance once, but I highly doubt it would happen again. You can believe it, but I would go the other way and say they are eating that tape up already with that first round game in mind. The Bears gave some teams some great film today on what to do and what not to.

BB - if you feel he is going to take this team to the Super Bowl, I'd like what you're having.

Actually, he played we'll all game. His wrs had half dozen horrible drops... that'd hurt any qbs efforts.

I didn't see the game, so I'm curious, did the receivers also make some fantastic catches? Because I heard Tebow tell a repoter (it was on FNIA) that "those guys make me look better than I am". If they had so many horrible drops they either did some other really good things, or Tebow is giving us a load of BS.

Ill let billy go into details, but there were some seriously horrible drops the first 55 minutes.

I will say this...if a WR has the ball hit them in the hands, yes they are expected to catch it but look at it like this...catchers in baseball have a hard time catching a knuckle ball pitcher because they don't always know what the ball is going to do...in a way I can see that being what affects Tebow's receivers...in that they don't know if the ball is coming "hot" high, low, leading, behind them etc....not saying that is 100% the reason but it would seem to make some sense

I will say this...if a WR has the ball hit them in the hands, yes they are expected to catch it but look at it like this...catchers in baseball have a hard time catching a knuckle ball pitcher because they don't always know what the ball is going to do...in a way I can see that being what affects Tebow's receivers...in that they don't know if the ball is coming "hot" high, low, leading, behind them etc....not saying that is 100% the reason but it would seem to make some sense

He certainly threw some knucklers last night (as he does) but there were at least 5 inexcusable drops. Thomas had around 4 of them and Decker had at least 1.

Edited by Deadwood

He certainly threw some knucklers last night (as he does) but there were at least 5 inexcusable drops. Thomas had around 4 of them and Decker had at least 1.

Again, not saying that they shouldn't have caught them...but saying that is lack of accuracy could be a contributing factor to them not catching good passes because they frankly aren't expecting it to be where it should be.

Steelers I agree. Jets, not so much. They are not very good. And they lost Leonard for the rest of the season again.

As you should be...they got pulled into a trance once, but I highly doubt it would happen again. You can believe it, but I would go the other way and say they are eating that tape up already with that first round game in mind. The Bears gave some teams some great film today on what to do and what not to.

BB - if you feel he is going to take this team to the Super Bowl, I'd like what you're having.

Regardless, it's fair to question the logic of "well, I'd just like to see what they do against the Jets" seeing as how, well, they've actually seen the Jets. Just like, I'd like to see them come back from a 2 TD deficit, like others have pointed out because, well, they've done that as well.

Lastly, as outspoken as I've been about my doubts of Tebow, in terms of their play-off chances, especially in the AFC, is anything really off the table? Every single team in that conference is more than capable of stepping on their dicks. Rex Grossman was ten yards away from tying the Patriots late yesterday, and even the most out-spoken among us Tebow-doubters would not suggest that he's really any better.

As far as the Jets and the Steelers are concerned, they're both teams that are iffy enough on offense that a D playing as well as Denver's is can keep them under 10-14 pts. Which means, there's still a chance for the seas to part in the 4th and let the kid do his magic.

ETA: Oh, crap, and I forgot to make my main point. That being, I don't recall anyone saying they're going to the SB.

Edited by detlef

I'd love for you to find even one post where I've ever remotely taken that position.

FWIW - I still think his audition is in progress, but after the past few weeks I've become more optimistic. He's clearly learning and improving, and the coaches seem to be getting a little bit more faith in him.

Again, not saying that they shouldn't have caught them...but saying that is lack of accuracy could be a contributing factor to them not catching good passes because they frankly aren't expecting it to be where it should be.

Deadwood is right on. And when we're talking about drops here, at least from my perspective, we're not talking about passes that just grazed an outstretched WR's fingertips. We're talking passes right to the hands where a ball could be caught without any extraordinary effort. Thomas was absolutely stone-handed until he came up big late in the game. Hell, Tebow's INT yesterday occurred when Willis fell down and the CB make a great play and then was actually assisted in keeping his feet in bounds by Willis' trying to get up and providing support to the CB's body.

I won't make excuses for his poor throws like you seem to want to make some some terrible drops, though - with the exception of that duck that he still managed to drop in the bucket at the goal line last week when he had an all-out blitz right in his grill. That was Kilmer-esque. Tebow still has learning to do, no doubt, but he could use a little more help too.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'd love for you to find even one post where I've ever remotely taken that position.

FWIW - I still think his audition is in progress, but after the past few weeks I've become more optimistic. He's clearly learning and improving, and the coaches seem to be getting a little bit more faith in him.

Look - what I saw yesterday was a QB who had a 9 QB rating in the first half, and was terrible until the Bears started playing ultra soft cover 2. When their Safefy's are 25 yards off the ball, and they aren't putting any type of blitz package in to confuse/disrupt, Tebow went to town.

Couple that with the Bears being completely inept with gaining a first down in the 4th quarter because they played not to lose, MBIII's idocy, I can not see how you see that Tebow is improving...learning maybe, improving? Your eyes are deceiving you because he was only successful moving the ball yesterday when he got lame 15 yard penalties, and when the Bears fell into their Prevent 2.

My statement about where this team is going? This comes from how you sound like a giddy school girl about this Tebow guy, when he is clearly the benefactor of a convergence of events yesterday that make him appear unbeatable. I'm actually going in the other direction...it is clear to me that he can play winning football (obviously), but this is not championship football....not even close.

I'm actually going in the other direction...it is clear to me that he can play winning football (obviously), but this is not championship football....not even close.

And I'll ask again - who is it that is making any claim that DEN is championship caliber? You're assigning that some one - at least one of which is me - is claiming that DEN is capable of winnijng a championship this year, when I have yet to see anyone make that claim, and then are spending time railing against it.

You want to hear me yet again say that this is a work in progress? How many times do I need to say the same thing before you actually understand it? You want to hear me say that DEN still has a ways to go and isn't capable of winning a championship this year - hell, it would be way beyond my expectations if they actually qualified for the playoffs - well, consider it done yet again. You want to hear me say yet again that Tebow still has a lot of improvement to do and that he still could very well fail as a long term starting QB in the NFL - okay, I've said it yet again.

Why don't you go find someone to argue with who actually disagrees with you?