[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow time!

CaptainHook

the fact that many tebow detractors are now relegated to arguing, "yeah well there's no way they can win a super bowl this year"...well if you ask me, that kind of says it all. I don't think revis can keep up with that kind of backpedalling.

You mean kind of like how his supporters no longer have the "doesn't turn the ball over" argument after the last game, and are now just relegated to the whole "winner" argument, that wouldn't have even happened without Barber giving them 2 chances?

Barber stays in bounds and doesn't fumble, and the likely outcome of the game is that Tebow loses and had a largely bad game... I mean, until what should have been the last drive in the 4th quarter, he only had 7 points in my league where we award .5 for completions and .25 for rushes. 7 points in a league that rewards for everything, and 30 points is a barely serviceable start. Seven!!

So while I have no problem admitting that it's truly amazing the way that he and the Bronco keep finding ways to win (even though it's been noted that they did so when the Bears and other teams have gone into a prevent defense to keep plays in front of them), I just get tired of the way that so many people are raving about him every week, like the first 3 terrible quarters never happened.... All 4 quarters count, and not even the best can dig themselves out of a hole every time, especially when you're facing the likes of NE or GB.... If you're not building be able to take on those teams, then it doesn't matter how many games you win. Tebow's got a whole lot more to prove that they're even heading in the right direction to beat Superbowl-caliber and high-scoring teams. I've said this since before he faced tough defenses, that high-scoring offenses are far more likely to render that scheme inept.

But yes, you're correct that it's asking too much to knock him for not being ready to win a superbowl yet, but let's not pretend like that's his only shortcoming left to overcome... The tebow doubters still have plenty of reasons to think that the guy still has glaring issues until the last 5 minutes that he does not appear to be greatly improving on, with absolutely terrible numbers for most of the game. If anything, I think you all want to make excuses like WRs for that, but just like Tebow gets rewarded with the glory of the win, it's on him too to play well for 4 quarters if he wants some real respect.

Edited by delusions of granduer