[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Todd Haley fired

peepinmofo

This is more of a failure of the organization than a failure of Haley's. You bring a guy in and give him basically 2 years to fix a team that Herm Edwards ran into the ground. He made the playoffs last year.

I think Haley is a jack***, but if the organization committed to him, he's done very little to lose that commitment. I hope they bring in McDaniels.

This is more of a failure of the organization than a failure of Haley's. You bring a guy in and give him basically 2 years to fix a team that Herm Edwards ran into the ground. He made the playoffs last year.

I think Haley is a jack***, but if the organization committed to him, he's done very little to lose that commitment. I hope they bring in McDaniels.

:wacko:

Why, because you hate the Chiefs?

Haley was a victim of his own inconsistencies. He was inconsistent on preparation, game planning, how he treated his players, everything.

Now, Pioli did him no favors in how he structured the team his year. He provided no depth at all for Haley to work with. Part of me wonders if some of that was done by design because of the friction between him and Haley in the background. To me, it looks like Pioli set him up to fail this year, and the fact that Haley even got 5 wins out of this team is remarkable.

I don't know, the whole thing is odd, and I can't put my finger on it. Clearly he had to go.

But Pioli's next move will be interesting. My hunch tells me it's going to be Crennel with a good offensive coordinator.

Do you and other kc fans have an opinion on brian billick? I don't know why he's not getting more interest?

I wonder if Billick really doesn't get much interest, or if he just interested himself (prefers the brodcast booth, TV shows, etc.) Being on TV is much easier than being a coach. I've yet to see one of these guys fired from their TV gigs as quickly as some coaches get canned.

Jason La Canfora is saying that McDaniels will be a very strong candidate and has a good relationship with Pioli.

I could see this, especially when you see how well Denver is playing with the players he was part of the decision process to bring in during his short time there.

No doubt a very controversial character but he really knows offense and this team really needs offensive help.

Not sure enough time has past but I could see this move happening.

If this happens, I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

:tup:

:puke:

:wacko:

You and CD might want to hold off on that celebratory lunch. Every new coach can be worse than the prior one. And even the new ones that look/sound good initially, can be terrible or not given enough time to rebuild. It is why I am amazed when people talk about getting rid of good/decent head coaches because the team hasn't won it all (Reid, Norv Turner, Fisher, etc).

Good luck, I hope it isn't McD, Crennel, or Mangini (we tried the last two in Cleveland and neither was a good HC, good coordinators maybe).

Jason La Canfora is saying that McDaniels will be a very strong candidate and has a good relationship with Pioli.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that could possibly justify this move. This would be up there football-wise with plagues or locusts being visited upon the Chiefs franchise. Crennel is no better. I hope, for the sake of Chiefs fans, that Pioli has a VERY short leash in these regards.

Man, I get ill just thinking about this.

You and CD might want to hold off on that celebratory lunch. Every new coach can be worse than the prior one. And even the new ones that look/sound good initially, can be terrible or not given enough time to rebuild. It is why I am amazed when people talk about getting rid of good/decent head coaches because the team hasn't won it all (Reid, Norv Turner, Fisher, etc).

Good luck, I hope it isn't McD, Crennel, or Mangini (we tried the last two in Cleveland and neither was a good HC, good coordinators maybe).

Disagree on Turner. He's had plenty of time for the team to at least be better every year. We got steady decline instead. Time for him and his genius mind to mosey on.