[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hakeem Nicks - Stat correction?

MrTed46

• CBSSportsline reported 8 for 163 yards.

• MFL reported 7 for 154 yards.

:wacko:

However, CBS changed their numbers - earlier today when I checked (maybe 9am ET) they were crediting Nicks with 154 yards, with the other 9 yards being credited to Cruz. Quite possible that MFL will issue a similar correction ... going to create some buzz in my local league if MFL does change their scoring totals, because taking away the 1 catch for 9 yards from Cruz will change the outcome of the Cruz owner's game - from a win to a loss, and it means he will miss the playoffs instead of making it into the final playoff slot.

hmm, NFL.com gamebook now has nicks for 8 and 163. MFL still 7 for 154. sounds like 8/163 is correct.

that is the right spot to look....any stat changes are based on that document...I just checked at the NFL media site I have access to and the gamebook there does indeed show 8/163

(name, tagets, catches, yards, avg, long, TD)

H.Nicks 11 8 163 20.4 64 0

V.Cruz 8 6 74 12.3 23 0

I think this is the play in question:

1-10-NYG 31 (5:07) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to H.Nicks to NYG 40 for 9 yards (A.Ball).

In the play by play at CBS they have it corrected to Nicks as 8/163 now too...but if you go into their play by play you find the following:

1-10-NYG31 (5:07) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to V.Cruz to NYG 40 for 9 yards (A.Ball).

So my assumption is that the correct number is 8/163 which means there won't be any official stat correction by Elias...if your fantasy software is picking up the wrong numbers then you should contact them for help.

Edited by keggerz

ESPN has 7-154. I'd go with ESPN. Normally they have all their stats correct by the next day

Their stats are wrong...The stuff i posted from is form a media site run by the NFL...I also checked another site that is run by the NFL (password protected) and it confirms that the 8/163 is correct...plus fwiw, I do remember Nicks catching that 9 yards pass.

that is the right spot to look....any stat changes are based on that document...I just checked at the NFL media site I have access to and the gamebook there does indeed show 8/163

(name, tagets, catches, yards, avg, long, TD)

H.Nicks 11 8 163 20.4 64 0

V.Cruz 8 6 74 12.3 23 0

I think this is the play in question:

1-10-NYG 31 (5:07) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to H.Nicks to NYG 40 for 9 yards (A.Ball).

In the play by play at CBS they have it corrected to Nicks as 8/163 now too...but if you go into their play by play you find the following:

1-10-NYG31 (5:07) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to V.Cruz to NYG 40 for 9 yards (A.Ball).

So my assumption is that the correct number is 8/163 which means there won't be any official stat correction by Elias...if your fantasy software is picking up the wrong numbers then you should contact them for help.

The gamebook that I am looking at still has Nicks with 7 catches for 154 yds and Cruz with 7 catches for 83 yds. Am I looking at the wrong gamebook? Page 2: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/5...AL_Gamebook.pdf

The gamebook that I am looking at still has Nicks with 7 catches for 154 yds and Cruz with 7 catches for 83 yds. Am I looking at the wrong gamebook? Page 2: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/5...AL_Gamebook.pdf

give me a second and I will upload the correct gamebook from NFLGSIS (Game Statistics and Information System)

actually didn't need to upload...can link right to it: http://www.nflgsis.com/2011/Reg/14/55370/Gamebook.pdf

edit: If for some reason that link doesn't open because you need a password just let me know and I will upload to a google doc

Edited by keggerz

I am trying to upload a page that needs a password (trying to print it as a PDF) so give me a sec

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1McJt7or...VOh27ivuqo/edit

this is a screen shot that I uploaded to google docs...it is hard to see so you will need to open it and then hold the CTRL button and use the scroll on your mouse to increase the size of the page...look at the 5:07 line.

Edited by keggerz

fwiw, there are times when the GB will get updated...my guess is that the one you linked to isn't updated...also take a look at Nicks NFL.com page

http://www.nfl.com/player/hakeemnicks/80672/gamelogs shows 8/163

However, CBS changed their numbers - earlier today when I checked (maybe 9am ET) they were crediting Nicks with 154 yards, with the other 9 yards being credited to Cruz. Quite possible that MFL will issue a similar correction ... going to create some buzz in my local league if MFL does change their scoring totals, because taking away the 1 catch for 9 yards from Cruz will change the outcome of the Cruz owner's game - from a win to a loss, and it means he will miss the playoffs instead of making it into the final playoff slot.

This is what happened to me. I had Cruz and was leading by a point.