[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which side of NFL history are you on?

Bronco Billy

'11 Packers or '72 Dolphins?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather see?

• '11 Packers - I want to see Rodgers cap a historic year with an undefeated season
    • '72 Dolphins - I love watching those old ####s pop the champagne every year
    • Puddy nekkid and covered in strawberry syrup

Last few weeks from what I've observed, no one is beating the packers. I feel that way a lot more strongly than I did in '07 with the Pats (and not saying that as a Giants fan either).

I did not vote because of the wording "I want to see Rodgers cap a historic year with an undefeated season"...I would find the 49ers, Saints or obviously Giants a much more interesting storyline representing the NFC. But my brain says the pack repeats, at least as NFC champ. I prefer parity and underdogs coming from out of nowhere so hopefully another team will hand them an upset somewhere along the way.

No confusion, and agree with some of what you've said here, but "If you're above average, you can win a SB" is just a tad overstated. Takes a little more than just being above average.
Not necessarily. There have been numerous teams who were pretty much that (certainly not "great" anyway) and won it by getting hot in the playoffs.

This packers team is magnificent ...but they dont play anywhere near enough defense ... They are a great team but not a complete team and not one that i consider the greatest of all time ( at least to this point ) ...with that said if they win out and win SB this season my opinion may change

Not necessarily. There have been numerous teams who were pretty much that (certainly not "great" anyway) and won it by getting hot in the playoffs.

That's the point...during that hot streak in the playoffs, those teams are certainly not average, even if they were leading up to that point. They definitely excel at one or two, if not several aspects of the game. Average teams don't win Super Bowls.

That's the point...during that hot streak in the playoffs, those teams are certainly not average, even if they were leading up to that point. They definitely excel at one or two, if not several aspects of the game. Average teams don't win Super Bowls.

Well, that's some tortured reasoning.

Basically what BeeR and I are saying is that teams that, up to that point, are your basic "above average" team, where you'd look at them, then look at the playoff field and rate them no better than a puncher's chance, HAVE won SBs.

Heck, I can think of 2 in the past 10 yrs off the top of my head (01 Pats, 07 Giants), and think that while the 10 Packers were statistically prolific (top 10 in offense and defense), they had a shaky record in large part to being hit hard by injuries. Also the 08 Cards can thisclose to a SB win, despite a 9-7 record and no running game worth mentioning in the regular season.