[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodgers with a dash of someone decent

whomper

Im looking the local leagues that I am alive in during the playoffs and the one common theme is that the teams that have Rodgers are all still alive. The rest of their teams are fairly average with the exception of maybe 1 other stud. Example, the guy I am playing this week has Rodgers and Welker. Rodgers is such a consistent big scorer that you really just need a decent supporting cast to go deep. If you surround him with another 1-2 better than average guys your pretty golden. Is the Rodgers owner still alive in your league ? If you are the Rodgers owner, are you still alive in the playoffs ?

Results for Rodgers owners in my 5 leagues (none of them me):

1) 5-8, missed playoffs, also had Ray Rice, but a lot of bad luck at WR (he had tough matchups too, 4th of 14 in total points)

2) 10-3, first place also with AP & Jimmy Graham

3) 11-1-1 First place, with RR/Lynch/Welker

4) 10-3, First place only Lynch & AJ Green of note

5) 7-6 , also with CJ2k and other inconsistent starters besides

Im looking the local leagues that I am alive in during the playoffs and the one common theme is that the teams that have Rodgers are all still alive. The rest of their teams are fairly average with the exception of maybe 1 other stud. Example, the guy I am playing this week has Rodgers and Welker. Rodgers is such a consistent big scorer that you really just need a decent supporting cast to go deep. If you surround him with another 1-2 better than average guys your pretty golden. Is the Rodgers owner still alive in your league ? If you are the Rodgers owner, are you still alive in the playoffs ?

I know it's not a common type of league, but I'm in a 32-team "homer" league and having Brees, Welker and Graham has been enough to get me by most weeks. It helped that I had Steve Smith and Darren Sproles too. Lost Smith (we have a mid-season "pilfer") and traded Sproles for Witten (we can start 2 TEs).

As for the Rodgers owner in that league, I took care of him last week. Thankfully he had a bit of an off week as did Jennings.

The Rogers owner in my local league finished 3rd in the regular season, she also lost Forte heading into the playoffs (as many did), and then she ran into a round 1 buzz saw that included her opponent starting the likes of Brady, MJD, Lynch, Colston & PIT DEF last week ... the 6 seed nearly doubled up the 3 seed in points the first round.

I know it's not a common type of league, but I'm in a 32-team "homer" league and having Brees, Welker and Graham has been enough to get me by most weeks. It helped that I had Steve Smith and Darren Sproles too. Lost Smith (we have a mid-season "pilfer") and traded Sproles for Witten (we can start 2 TEs).

As for the Rodgers owner in that league, I took care of him last week. Thankfully he had a bit of an off week as did Jennings.

:wacko:

I played the Rodgers owner last week (his team name is Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood) in the first round and lost by 9, could have beaten with one of two line-up changes. The rest of his team is pretty good though (Turner, Helu, Nelson, Bowe, Moss, Gresham, Novak, PIT-D). That team advanced and faces a tough battle against our top team who was far and away better (record and total points) than anybody else. (That owner has Stafford, Bush/Lynch/AP, Steve Smith, B. Marshall, Boldin, Graham, Crosby, DAL-D).

We score 6PT for passing TDs, so it is very QB heavy, and a stud QB can certainly carry a team.

Interesting because I was noticing something very similar this morning. I started looking at the teams I'm either facing this week or possibly facing next week. The Rodgers team is in the mix in all four of my leagues where I'm in the playoffs. I was just trying to look at the current streaks going right now and noticed that the Rodgers teams in a couple of leagues are on a losing streak. So then I went to total points and those teams are in the top 1 or 2 in regards to total points scored this year...but not by much. They may have 25 - 50 points on the other teams. Then when you look closely at their teams, Rodgers has at least twice as many points as any other player on their team. So Rodgers is definitely carrying a lot of their weight and it sort of explains their average records. If Rodgers doesn't blow up or if their other average players have one of their routine down weeks, then they lose.

My teams are much more balanced in terms of the total season points they've put up. I'll take that any day of the week going into the playoffs. Sure, I may get beat but the guy who beat me is going to have to show up and his team is going to need one of their stronger days to beat me. I'll put up my standard 150 points every week and hopefully I get them on the week they put up 110 instead of 180 :wacko:

Edited by Big Mac Bears

Rodgers owner in my big money league has Lynch, Matthews and Gronk with average WR. He came on strong at the end, obviously. First round this weekend and he has a walkover against a battered team that just lost Murray.

I, on the other hand, face this team in the semis: Stafford, Rice, AFoster, RWhite, Lloyd and Graham. I feel like Elvis Patterson. TOAST!

A guy in my local had Rodgers, Welker and Gronk. He found a way to go 7-7 and miss the playoffs.

i have to play the owner with Rodgers and Gronk this week. he also has Finley , Graham , Victor Cruz , Barber , Gerhart , and McCluster

i have Stafford , Ray Rice, AP , Felix Jones , Nicks , Gates , and Maclin/ D. Williams / S. Moss - any advice on who to start out of these three ?

i'm scared , but favored like 139-134