[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN Tebow coverage

snoop2

Watching Kordell Stewart and Bettis this morning started talking Super Bowl for the Bronco's and I know this has been bantered about the last couple of days. To me that is way too much hyperbole. The Pats bring the Bronco's back to Earth this weekend.

ESPN must have covered Tebow for 30 minutes, I mean come on. There are tons of sports story's right now.

Has anyone talked about the absolute dominance the Packers are displaying right now? Starting from last season. To me, it is a bigger story.

Tebow deserves his due, but the SB talk is out of control.

All you can hear in the Boston area-how will the Pats deal with Tebow. I think Tebow has a good fantasy day but loses. Final score somewhere around 30 to 17 or something around there.

If you are a gambling man, the Pats @ -6.5 are a good bet to cover. I don't think this 'Tebow magic' is gonna happen against Belichick. I would also take the over on O/U 46, that one isn't so safe though

I read somewhere that they are creating a channel called ESPNTebow.

I wish they would. Then maybe the other espn channels could follow other more interesting stories.

Anyone that watched the Monday night pre-game show would have believed that they had already created a new channel. If the story wasn't about Tebow then the story led to Tebow. Was absolute throw up time. I had to go someplace else to find out that the Packers were still undefeated. LOL Though to be fair...espn did mention in passing (on the way to another Tebow tribute) that the Packers were part of the NFL.

I love it. :tup:

The more they talk about The Tebow, the less i have to hear about that other team trying to go undefeated or something. Go Tebow! :wacko:

It also takes the national attention away from GB, which I think is awesome! the Packers don't have to worry about the media hoard on them 24/7, at least not yet.

I love it. :tup:

The more they talk about The Tebow, the less i have to hear about that other team trying to go undefeated or something. Go Tebow! :wacko:

GFTT!

To try and say Denver and Tebow isn't the most interesting story in the NFL and what the vast majority want to hear about is nuts. Hell, they are even talking about Tebow on the news outside of a sports segment. You guys are living proof of it. As much as a lot of you claim to be sick of it, you can't help but to post in every thread about Tebow and bitch how much you hate seeing story after story on TV. Yet still watch them and come here to post about it. Just come out of the closet already.

Tebow will forgive your transgresses.

Edited by Rydher

Couple of reasons:

First, they gear their programming more toward what viewers/readers/listeners are responding to. More of their tweets, e-mails, phone calls, talk show responses, etc. are about Tebow than anything else, so of course they cover the hell out of it.

Second, ESPN is based in New England. They openly admit that they over-cover the Boston teams in all sports, so with Tebow vs. the Pats this week, it's over the top.

Edited by SecondString

ESPN sucks and has for a long time. The E has been more important than the S for too long. Its all about what is popular, what the uneducated masses want to see and the lastest tweets twats and facebook chatter.

If I want NFL news I turn on NFLN, come to the Huddle or other sources. ESPN spreads itself too thin and over focuses too much on the latest big story.

It also takes the national attention away from GB, which I think is awesome! the Packers don't have to worry about the media hoard on them 24/7, at least not yet.

As a Packer fan, right now I am SOOOO on board with the Tebow Train dominating the news media - I am fine with the conversation being "Hey, wow, the Packer are still undefZ O M G TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW"

Edited by Chavez

I want to know what car he drives, his favorite breakfast ceral, what music he listens to, wheather he wears boxers, briefs, or goes commando, what halloween candy he gives out or does he consider that a pagan holiday not to be celibrated. I want ot know whether he rolls, folds, or wads his paper. I want to know his thoughts on paper/plastic and whether he cuts his sandwiches on the square or on the diagonal. There is so much more about him we NEED to know, please ESPTEBOW, increase your coverage.

ESPN sucks and has for a long time. The E has been more important than the S for too long. Its all about what is popular, what the uneducated masses want to see and the lastest tweets twats and facebook chatter.

If I want NFL news I turn on NFLN, come to the Huddle or other sources. ESPN spreads itself too thin and over focuses too much on the latest big story.

Tebow is on there all the time too and is the cover of their brand new magazine first issue.

I live and breathe sports, especially football, but I'm getting kind of tired of ESPN in general. This whole Tebow thing is just the icing on the cake. Chris Berman annoys me. Skip Bayless sucks. I have to turn off PTI after watching Around the Horn.

On top of the on-air annoyances, it sucks that they take credit for breaking stories (like the Pujols signing) when they weren't the ones to break the story. Or, they'll drop one of these on us: "ESPN has confirmed so-and-so". Good for you, ESPN.

Really, there are no other options. Fox Sports simply can't keep up. NBC is supposedly coming out with an "all sports, all the time" channel but I have a feeling it will suck. There really, really needs to be a competitor here. I obviously can't turn it off due to my sports obsession, but it sure would be nice to have options.