[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Fitz or Percy Harvin....

FinZone

I hate having all my eggs in one basket with just a single ball going around to everyone to share...so I do like splitting up Peterson/Fitz than Peterson/Harving, however, I'd go to venture that Harving will score more pts than Fitz. Browns secondary has been banged up, but expect Hadden to blanket Fitz and the Cards to stick to the run game vs the 31st ranked run defense.

I hate having all my eggs in one basket with just a single ball going around to everyone to share...so I do like splitting up Peterson/Fitz than Peterson/Harving, however, I'd go to venture that Harving will score more pts than Fitz. Browns secondary has been banged up, but expect Hadden to blanket Fitz and the Cards to stick to the run game vs the 31st ranked run defense.

I have said it before and will say it again, it doesn't matter if you have top guys on the same team, you start them. Harvin gets better every game and is a key part of the offense, even with Peterson back. Personally I think people look into this too much. If you have a #1 WR and a #1 back, would you bench one because they are on the same team..........NO.

Always play the best match-ups, regardless of opponents players, players from same team, etc.

Just my .02 though for what that's worth................

Logically I'd agree with that up to a point, but then stats come into play that prove having a RB and WR of the same team is less off than having a RB and WR of opposite teams. A lot of that has to do with the balance of pass to run ratio of those particular teams. When looking for an optimal lineup with the highest statistical significance, opposite teams prevails. An easy cut and dry way to look at this, How many times do you see a top 5 wr and a top 5 RB from the same team in the top five? Never. It all comes down to hoping you play the right players with the most opportunity and attempts. Does this matter over a long set of games, yes. For just one week, no. Not a long enough treatment group to gain any statistical signifiance.

End of the day, you are right it does not matter for one game. Over the course of a season, it does matter. The main reason why I said to go with Harving/Peterson for this one week ;-) In a draft, I'd suggest drafting the opposite and up agians thte wall between harving and fitz, I'd go fitz.

Sorry if that bored you, ha. I'm a nerd when it comes to stats and analysis.

Logically I'd agree with that up to a point, but then stats come into play that prove having a RB and WR of the same team is less off than having a RB and WR of opposite teams. A lot of that has to do with the balance of pass to run ratio of those particular teams. When looking for an optimal lineup with the highest statistical significance, opposite teams prevails. An easy cut and dry way to look at this, How many times do you see a top 5 wr and a top 5 RB from the same team in the top five? Never. It all comes down to hoping you play the right players with the most opportunity and attempts. Does this matter over a long set of games, yes. For just one week, no. Not a long enough treatment group to gain any statistical signifiance.

End of the day, you are right it does not matter for one game. Over the course of a season, it does matter. The main reason why I said to go with Harving/Peterson for this one week ;-) In a draft, I'd suggest drafting the opposite and up agians thte wall between harving and fitz, I'd go fitz.

Sorry if that bored you, ha. I'm a nerd when it comes to stats and analysis.

Nope, not bored at all. It's all about match-ups like you said. I try not to look to deep into it though. If the player is performing well and has a great match-up, I play them :wacko: