[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top defense or top offense

Grits and Shins

NE vs DEN  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the straight up winner

• New England
    • Denver

New England has the worst pass defense in the league, Denver's pass game obviously is not the best.

Denver has one of the top defenses in the league, New England has Tom Brady and a top passing game.

I don't really want this to be a discussion about Teebow ... just wondering how everybody sees this one going down ... will the Denver defense + a mediocre passing game be enough to defeat the NE passing game + a horrible NE pass defense? Will the fact that the game is at Mile High be a factor?

Edited by Grits and Shins

I think Bad Bill dials something special up for this week. Denver's D hangs in there but doesn't get enough support from the offense in terms of moving the chains early and, ultimately Brady gets to them.

I hardly think it will be a blood bath, but I do think it's a game that Denver ultimately will not be able to keep up in and will lose by double digits.

I get that the DEN D is playing better - much better - right now, but calling them one of the best Ds in the league is a real reach. I'm expecting Brady to torch Goodman on one side of the field, and DEN doesn't have a S who can cover either NE TE. Unless both Doom and Miller have superb games and can keep Brady from getting into his rythym, DEN is at a decided disadvantage.

Key stat: The DEN D is 5th worse in the league in opposing QB rating, worse by 5.6 pts than the much maligned NE pass D.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I was offered club level seatiing to this game. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day and would be a fun game to attend, but other obligations prevented me from accepting.

My thoughts, Brady has seen a pass rush before,a nd that is primatily what fuels Denver's defense. I don't see him getting flustered or pushed into mistakes. I think the Denver D, as good as I think it is, is just a bump in the road, nothing more. As for Tebow against the Patriots D, I don't believe the patriots D is going to be reacting to what Denver is doing so much as dictating seldom before seen choices to Tebow. I think the evil little cheater in the hoodie will be aggressive, will show new looks, and even with a less than talented D will frustrate the Broncos.

I see a convincing Patriots win. In defeat I believe Tebow will learn some valuable lessons, he will grow as a quarterback. I believe Tebow will handle the matter with grace and will grow his legend by the way he handles himself.

DUDE! :wacko: That sux. Probably will be the best game of the week.

And how often do you get October weather in December? Plus those club level seats are sweet and I know who has the seats next to them and they are wonderful company if you like attractive women who know their football and like to jump into your arms if the Broncos do something positive.

Plus those club level seats are sweet and I know who has the seats next to them and they are wonderful company if you like attractive women who know their football and like to jump into your arms if the Broncos do something positive.

That explains the "prior obligations". Death by Val wouldn't be a pretty thing, I'd imagine.

:wacko:

Brady & Pats passing O >>>> Broncos passing D

Tebow & Broncos passing O >> Pats passing D

Beliechick >> Fox

I don't see how the Broncos win this one, even at home. Maybe if they can knock out Brady or Gronk early. Pats lead at the half by 14+ and win by a TD or more.

That explains the "prior obligations". Death by Val wouldn't be a pretty thing, I'd imagine.

:wacko:

Nope, my brother is coming into town and I promised him I'd help him with some tax stuff before he is off to Holland. Otherwise I would have been calling you to join me. Sunshine, the Pats, a former Miss Colorado and her sister next to us, it could have been sweet.

I hope the Pack is on network T.V. so I can watch while going through his business records.

Nope, my brother is coming into town and I promised him I'd help him with some tax stuff before he is off to Holland. Otherwise I would have been calling you to join me. Sunshine, the Pats, a former Miss Colorado and her sister next to us, it could have been sweet.

I hope the Pack is on network T.V. so I can watch while going through his business records.

Ch 31, GB