[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax-Atl

montster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gabbert experiment will be over in a month. Robert Griffin, come on down.

This jackwagon sees ghosts in the pocket. How do you play football for this long and be this afraid of contact?

Are you serious? I mean, sure, Gabbert has been bad this year, but you have to keep in mind that he is a rookie. In a shortened off-season. With no quality NFL wide receivers. Playing against quality NFL defenses. With a mediocre offensive line.

You really are saying they should give up on him after just his rookie season when he was a top-10 pick the year before? How about invest it in a WR or a line-man? If they were confident enough in Gabbert's abilities to spend a 1st-rounder on him last year, you really think they will admit they screwed up and he is no good after only 1 year?

Maybe you are right, but I would be pretty mad as a fan either way. If they take a guy like RGIII and he is a bust (wouldn't be surprised if he is) than you get all the crap for butchering top-ten picks, both on bust QBs, in back to back drafts? When you had so many other needs?

Are you serious? I mean, sure, Gabbert has been bad this year, but you have to keep in mind that he is a rookie. In a shortened off-season. With no quality NFL wide receivers. Playing against quality NFL defenses. With a mediocre offensive line.

You really are saying they should give up on him after just his rookie season when he was a top-10 pick the year before? How about invest it in a WR or a line-man? If they were confident enough in Gabbert's abilities to spend a 1st-rounder on him last year, you really think they will admit they screwed up and he is no good after only 1 year?

Maybe you are right, but I would be pretty mad as a fan either way. If they take a guy like RGIII and he is a bust (wouldn't be surprised if he is) than you get all the crap for butchering top-ten picks, both on bust QBs, in back to back drafts? When you had so many other needs?

I'll agree with him. Gabbert is a mess and needs to sit at this point. Problem is they have no vet to plug in because the GM stinks. I won't be shocked when he gets fired and the new owner brings in a GM and coach. They'll bring on a vet QB and let Gabbert sit for a year and plug him back in late next year or 2013.

he's bailing out way too much and needs to gain some pocket presence. The current GM won't admit his mistake for a few years but the next one will put Gabbert on a short leash. I doubt they draft a QB this year but could easily do so in 2013. The new owner has no ties to what has been done. Unless of course he wants the team to suck to drive attendance down further before he moves to LA

Rookie or not, you can't coach confidence, and when a guy has shown you nothing but failure and a lack of a spine then it's a possibility. TJ Yates in a game and a half showed more poise than Gabbert. What I've seen from him this year I don't recall seeing before. I've seen him get pressured by ghost and throw it out of bounds, or turtle up and brace for a hit when he has no threat to him. He's a coward.

And with new ownership very well could also lead to a new GM... Neither are tied to Gabbert, and they're not married to him financially.

Griffin and Barkley are a different caliber of QB with a different skillset, and both are leaders. Gabbert wasn't at Mizzou. Hes a wasted pick, and it's clear to see.