[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax-Atl

montster

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie or not, you can't coach confidence, and when a guy has shown you nothing but failure and a lack of a spine then it's a possibility. TJ Yates in a game and a half showed more poise than Gabbert. What I've seen from him this year I don't recall seeing before. I've seen him get pressured by ghost and throw it out of bounds, or turtle up and brace for a hit when he has no threat to him. He's a coward.

And with new ownership very well could also lead to a new GM... Neither are tied to Gabbert, and they're not married to him financially.

Griffin and Barkley are a different caliber of QB with a different skillset, and both are leaders. Gabbert wasn't at Mizzou. Hes a wasted pick, and it's clear to see.

TJ Yates is in an ideal situation. He has Arian Foster and Ben Tate to hand it off to, a consistent o-line, Andre freaking Johnson to throw to, and really just has to manage the game for the most part, and sometimes use what is around him.

It would just be an overreaction for management to say they need a new QB. Gabbert's a rookie, it's gonna take some time for him to development-not everyone is going to be a Dalton or Cam Newton ready right away type of guy.

I guess my rationale is if they were willing to use a top-10 draft pick last year on him, I highly doubt just by watching his rookie season, management will decide it is time for a change at QB and Gabbert has no hope. If they snag a stud o-lineman, or even a WR like Justin Blackmon that would help them more in the long run instead of RGIII

Gabbert was supposed to be 3rd string, a bad back and a terrible #2 put him in as the starter. He will be the youngest QB to start 13 games as a rookie in the history of the NFL.

He has some issues, like all rookies do. But he can improve. Give him an off season and some coaching, and he can improve. The players are still with him, so fans should give him a chance.

Big arm, quick release, athletic, leadership. When his marbles drop and he becomes a man, he can be good.

Zooty, I don't know who you are, but a football mind you are not.

Gabbert was supposed to be 3rd string, a bad back and a terrible #2 put him in as the starter. He will be the youngest QB to start 13 games as a rookie in the history of the NFL.

He has some issues, like all rookies do. But he can improve. Give him an off season and some coaching, and he can improve. The players are still with him, so fans should give him a chance.

Big arm, quick release, athletic, leadership. When his marbles drop and he becomes a man, he can be good.

Zooty, I don't know who you are, but a football mind you are not.

I never said I didn't like him. That was PON. I just said I see him bailing out a lot as well. He shouldn't have been starting this year either.

And you seem like a really nice lady. :wacko: