[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers vs 49ers

Dont Rookie Me........

I have not seen much of him this year, but he sure does look impressive tonight. You would think the Steelers might give Starks some help over on that side.

Gotta say, I was not excited by the pick when they made it, mostly because (like basically everyone else) I didn't know d!ck about most of the players getting drafted, and he was ranked behind others still available at his position. Gee, news flash, Harbaugh and Co. know more about evaluating football players than I do.

The kid is a freaking beast and I am so fired up about not being able to watch him dominate for years to come.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say, I was not excited by the pick when they made it, mostly because (like basically everyone else) I didn't know d!ck about most of the players getting drafted, and he was ranked behind others still available at his position. Gee, news flash, Harbaugh and Co. know more about evaluating football players than I do.

The kid is a freaking beast and I am so fired up about not being able to watch him dominate for years to come.

Your last sentence has me confused. That is a pretty common state for me.

Your last sentence has me confused. That is a pretty common state for me.

I never get to see the Niners play. I lucked out that Washington played them the week Carolina had a bye so I got to see that one. Then had to watch some bootleg broadcast on my computer on Thanksgiving. Then last night.

My guess is that they get another MNF next year, but totally understand if they give it to Jacksonville instead.

My guess is that they get another MNF next year, but totally understand if they give it to Jacksonville instead.

They'll likely finish as the #2 seed in the NFC...yeah, I think they'll get a Monday Nighter (or two), and likely even a Sunday nighter, too. And a good chance they'll get a national Sunday afternoon game as well, pending their schedule. What hurts them is that 6 of their 16 games are against the Cards, Seahawks and Rams....not compelling TV.

They'll likely finish as the #2 seed in the NFC...yeah, I think they'll get a Monday Nighter (or two), and likely even a Sunday nighter, too. And a good chance they'll get a national Sunday afternoon game as well, pending their schedule. What hurts them is that 6 of their 16 games are against the Cards, Seahawks and Rams....not compelling TV.

Hawks did their part to make the Eagles game compelling. It's just that the other team didn't show. :wacko:

Gotta say, the Anchor Steams tasted good last night. I'm glad we were able to finish off some drives because, as a long time fan, it's not fun having a FG kicker break Jerry Rice's scoring record. But, I'll take it over what it's been like and I'll certainly take it over being a freaking Raider fan and what they have to look forward to. How's that fragile RB, old QB, 7-7 record, and no draft picks next year treating you?

I have no expectations this year and hope the Niners evaluate many positions on that offense come next spring. But we can ugly-it-up with anyone and I look forward to them hosting a play-off game this year, firing up the Big Green Egg, and having a party.

Observations: What the hell was Big Ben doing in that game? Sure, let him start, give him a shot. But he wasn't getting it done and was getting crushed out there. Two things about putting in Batch. 1) You save Ben from getting killed and protect him for the stretch run. 2) Batch couldn't have been any worse.

We need a new freaking stadium and I wish it wasn't getting built in Santa Clara. Downtown stadiums are the best. I'm sure they'll build a little row of bars and restaurants near the Santa Clara stadium and I'm sure all the fans on the Peninsula are happy about it, but it would be cooler if it was in SF proper.

Akers has had an amazing season, but c'mon 9ers, I'm sick of field goals! I look forward to this off season when Harbaugh gets to make some moves (just don't want it to come too soon!).

We desperately need a new stadium but I'm bummed about the location. It should be in SF, that's where it belongs and it won't be the same having the team in Santa Clara. Plus it makes it 4+ hour round trip for me to go to games. The stadium should have gone into China Basin instead of the big UCSF complex. I think the "lights out" Monday night game just fast tracked the Santa Clare project though.

Akers has had an amazing season, but c'mon 9ers, I'm sick of field goals! I look forward to this off season when Harbaugh gets to make some moves (just don't want it to come too soon!).

We desperately need a new stadium but I'm bummed about the location. It should be in SF, that's where it belongs and it won't be the same having the team in Santa Clara. Plus it makes it 4+ hour round trip for me to go to games. The stadium should have gone into China Basin instead of the big UCSF complex. I think the "lights out" Monday night game just fast tracked the Santa Clare project though.

Yep, China Basin would have been cool. It's puzzling, really, because so many cities are moving away from sprawl and you'd think a progressive city like SF would be doing the same. Mind you, not many cities have an area like Silicon Valley and a city as big as San Jose so close to them. So, I suppose it makes sense to place it right in the middle of the two.

Yep, China Basin would have been cool. It's puzzling, really, because so many cities are moving away from sprawl and you'd think a progressive city like SF would be doing the same. Mind you, not many cities have an area like Silicon Valley and a city as big as San Jose so close to them. So, I suppose it makes sense to place it right in the middle of the two.

It makes sense for the organization, it just sucks for us North Bay fans. There's no way that the Santa Clara facility will be as cool as one in SF would have been either, there's just so much "value added" by being right in The City. I was really hoping for a joint 49ers/Raiders complex on Treasure Island, that would have been amazing!

Gotta say, the Anchor Steams tasted good last night. I'm glad we were able to finish off some drives because, as a long time fan, it's not fun having a FG kicker break Jerry Rice's scoring record. But, I'll take it over what it's been like and I'll certainly take it over being a freaking Raider fan and what they have to look forward to. How's that fragile RB, old QB, 7-7 record, and no draft picks next year treating you?

I have no expectations this year and hope the Niners evaluate many positions on that offense come next spring. But we can ugly-it-up with anyone and I look forward to them hosting a play-off game this year, firing up the Big Green Egg, and having a party.

Observations: What the hell was Big Ben doing in that game? Sure, let him start, give him a shot. But he wasn't getting it done and was getting crushed out there. Two things about putting in Batch. 1) You save Ben from getting killed and protect him for the stretch run. 2) Batch couldn't have been any worse.

We need a new freaking stadium and I wish it wasn't getting built in Santa Clara. Downtown stadiums are the best. I'm sure they'll build a little row of bars and restaurants near the Santa Clara stadium and I'm sure all the fans on the Peninsula are happy about it, but it would be cooler if it was in SF proper.

I fell asleep before I finished reading this diatribe :wacko:

I never get to see the Niners play. I lucked out that Washington played them the week Carolina had a bye so I got to see that one. Then had to watch some bootleg broadcast on my computer on Thanksgiving. Then last night.

Sounds like its time for Sunday Ticket :wacko: If not at home then ....

Sucks being a fan of an out of market team, especially on the opposite cost. SF will definitely have more prime time and near national Sunday afternoon games next year. Still you'll probably miss half or more without the ticket.

+1 wasn't sure at the time they drafted him as well but man oh man I'm liking it now :wacko:

I fell asleep before I finished reading this diatribe :wacko:

:tup: The only part I cared if you, in particular, read was the first paragraph. Because your team is a freaking shambles and you came here talking crap about the Niners? Sure, the Raiders game was more exciting, if you're a Lions fan.

I've got you now. Living in Colorado I sometimes have to make an effort to view the Packers.

:wacko: The only part I cared if you, in particular, read was the first paragraph. Because your team is a freaking shambles and you came here talking crap about the Niners? Sure, the Raiders game was more exciting, if you're a Lions fan.

I was just havin' some fun. good on ya for your impressive win last night

I've got you now. Living in Colorado I sometimes have to make an effort to view the Packers.

:wacko: Cry me a river. I actually like the Packers (though less now that my Niners are actually relevant), so I certainly don't mind watching them, but I manage to see a decent number of their games each year without trying. Which, btw, makes perfect sense. They are the Packers after all.

First off, to the 49er fans...well deserved win you were the better team last night. Thanks to those that offered advice, thank you. I took the bart in and out and saved a hell of a lot of money and time. We went directly downtown after the game for some entertainment, you were right nothing close to the stadium worth mentioning.

Highlights or low-lights depending on your take.

1. We got stuck outside during the first light outage and missed the beginning of the game. They were not letting people in during the outage for safety reasons. All I can say is Taylor Swift's ding dong...I mean pounding that last beer cost me and not for the last time I fear.

2. The Steeler nation was there in force to bad we did nothing, but sit on our hands and look dumb founded the whole second half.

3. Big Ben had no business being in there that second half and I am not sure Batch would have done better against that D, that night.

4 The stadium is a relic, but it was fun to see it once in a meaningful game before it goes.

5 $9.75 for a beer..where the hell does all that money go. If they took the beer proceeds for one year they could build a new stadium.

6. The city and the fans on the whole was accommodating and warm, good to see this day and age, reminds me there is hope for us.

Anyways, I was glad I got to see my boys so close to home in a big game and although we lost this one, there will be more.

Good game to you the 49er faithful, my hats off to you. Hopefully we meet one more time under different circumstances with better lighting.

Edited because I am so beat after driving 720 miles between shifts to see that...lol...I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

First off, to the 49er fans...well deserved win you were the better team last night. Thanks to those that offered advice, thank you. I took the bart in and out and saved a hell of a lot of money and time. We went directly downtown after the game for some entertainment, you were right nothing close to the stadium worth mentioning.

Highlights or low-lights depending on your take.

1. We got stuck outside during the first light outage and missed the beginning of the game. They were not letting people in during the outage for safety reasons. All I can say is Taylor Swift's ding dong...I mean pounding that last beer cost me and not for the last time I fear.

2. The Steeler nation was there in force to bad we did nothing, but sit on our hands and look dumb founded the whole second half.

3. Big Ben had no business being in there that second half and I am not sure Batch would have done better against that D, that night.

4 The stadium is a relic, but it was fun to see it once in a meaningful game before it goes.

5 $9.75 for a beer..where the hell does all that money go. If they took the beer proceeds for one year they could build a new stadium.

6. The city and the fans on the whole was accommodating and warm, good to see this day and age, reminds me there is hope for us.

Anyways, I was glad I got to see my boys so close to home in a big game and although we lost this one, there will be more.

Good game to you the 49er faithful, my hats off to you. Hopefully we meet one more time under different circumstances with better lighting.

Edited because I am so beat after driving 720 miles between shifts to see that...lol...I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Good on 'ya for making the trip, that's dedication right there!