[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Next Dolphins HC?

tazinib1

A person "briefed on the situation" tells the Miami Herald that the Dolphins' initial calls to head coaching candidates will likely be to ex-Steelers coach Bill Cowher and ex-Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

The Dolphins have either initiated contact with both coaches, "or planned to shortly." Cowher has said that he does not plan to coach next season while Fisher's agent said he would be willing to listen to all offers. Ex-Ravens coach Brian Billick, who is also reportedly on Miami's radar, confirmed that he's interested in the job.

Source: Miami Herald

Dec 15 - 10:34 PM

Interesting that Chuckie is not listed as a possible candidate. When Norv is fired at seasons end and if AJ Smith retains the GM job, I STRONGLY believe Chuckie will be the next Chargers coach.

Billick would make a nice hire in Miami IMO.

Edited by tazinib1

I think Gruden is happy with his broadcasting gig and isn't that likely to return to coaching.

I'm still not sure Cowher returns to coaching, except in the perfect situation. Every year we hear these guys names come up, and every year they stay where they're at. I wonder if KC gives Crennel a shot at HC, not sure he proved he can do it in Cleveland. Another good D/C coordinator that isn't suited to head coach.

So that leaves Fisher and Billick, I'd go with the most recent to be in coaching as being the top candidate.

If Norv is fired, I'd bet he gets another job as HC as well, if he doesn't take a year or two off first.

why the recycling of HCs?

Wade? really, again? he should realize that he's a great DC, lousy HC

Billick? The offensive guru who won a SB with his D because his offense was awful

Norv? 4th time is a charm?

Gruden and Fisher are the only 2 who would interest me but even they have questions?

Gruden won with Dungy's team and had the perfect opponent after that he rode the Bucs into the dirt.

Fisher is Mr .500

Cowher? Mehh not a fan reminds me of Andy Reid with one SB win in 15ish years despite some great teams

Granted none of them are terrible but none jump out as great/ Hall of Famers. I guess its what you need to turn around a franchise and get some fan interest and you could surely do worse with a guy who has never done the job in the NFL.

Kind of surprised the are no Del Rio rumors either

I have this weird feeling that Mangini is going to end up with the Chiefs.

In that case, you're buying lunch next time I invite you to go.

:blech:

I'm hoping the Stache comes to KC; I'm not sure the Chin would be as good of a fit here.

why the recycling of HCs?

Wade? really, again? he should realize that he's a great DC, lousy HC

Billick? The offensive guru who won a SB with his D because his offense was awful

Norv? 4th time is a charm?

Gruden and Fisher are the only 2 who would interest me but even they have questions?

Gruden won with Dungy's team and had the perfect opponent after that he rode the Bucs into the dirt.

Fisher is Mr .500

Cowher? Mehh not a fan reminds me of Andy Reid with one SB win in 15ish years despite some great teams

Granted none of them are terrible but none jump out as great/ Hall of Famers. I guess its what you need to turn around a franchise and get some fan interest and you could surely do worse with a guy who has never done the job in the NFL.

Kind of surprised the are no Del Rio rumors either

Totally with ya on this. I would rather see a up and coming guy than most on this list. Look at what some of the other new coaches are doing these days.

Interesting that Chuckie is not listed as a possible candidate. When Norv is fired at seasons end and if AJ Smith retains the GM job, I STRONGLY believe Chuckie will be the next Chargers coach.

Billick would make a nice hire in Miami IMO.

Chuckie signed an extension although I'm sure not binding I don't think he will be coaching for a few years if he even has a desire to do so anymore

1090 AM San Diego radio was reporting yesterday that Wade Phillips is a possibility for the Chargers. No link for this. Just heard them discussing if that was a good idea or not. By the way, it's not.

+1,000

I'll scream from the parking lot of Von's again if thats the case.

i'll take fisher in miami. he wins and is a steady force at the head coach position. we need direction and leadership since sporano never had any. it all fell apart as soon as the tuna left. need veteran head coach to lead our defense and help build the confidence of barkley when we draft him in april :wacko:

i'll take fisher in miami. he wins and is a steady force at the head coach position. we need direction and leadership since sporano never had any. it all fell apart as soon as the tuna left. need veteran head coach to lead our defense and help build the confidence of barkley when we draft him in april :wacko:

Was Fisher good for VY? Not that Vince's time at Tenn was Fisher's fault. I just think he'd do better with a veteran at QB. I haven't seen any confidence building out of him even with McNair. I think McNair was just that good.

vince is a headcase. fisher brings the attitude you need to win and having continuity will be huge for whatever rookie qb we draft this year. i'm just interested to see who the new head coach brings in to run the offense. would love to see tom clements (packers qb coach) get brought in to be our o coord to groom the qb while fisher teaches our db's how to stop the pass. whoever comes in, i'm hoping they keep nolan at d coord cuz hes doing a good job there. our pass d is terrible because we dont have a single competent safety on our roster.