[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Confidence in playing AP this Sunday

nelsosi

I know this borders on a WDIS question, but I'm sure a lot of AP owners are wrestling with a similar question. I was really hoping he would play last week so I wasn't faced with the Week 15 dilemma.

Its become pretty clear he will be playing and starting on Sunday. If he was fully healthy he's obviously a must-start. But in his first game back, he's a bit of a gamble to me -- I can envision the scenario in which he re-aggravates the ankle, or simply finds the explosion and cutting ability isn't there. I tend to have a firm rule of not starting RBs in their first game back from injury, but this is AP and its the FF playoffs -- it makes it so much harder to decide.

I have him in several leagues. In some, my alternatives are not great so I'm definitely going with him. But in others, I have Felix Jones or Beanie Wells in juicy matchups as alternatives -- makes it a really tough call.

How good would your alternatives need to be before you'd consider benching AP? Realistically, whats the chance he drops a near goose-egg?

Didn't see the game. From what I've read, while game flow dictated his low touches he also looked far less than 100%. Can anyone who saw the game comment?

I thought he looked ok with some good cuts and speed. They limited his touches, but I don't think because of the game flow. They were still in this game into the third qtr, but were not giving him the ball much.

I'm betting he wasn't in there for more than 20 plays. I was playing against him and was quite relieved that he was on the sidelines quite a bit. If it weren't for one long run, he would have had a dismal day.