[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys Control Destiny

Cowboyz1

We know Slip is on Fire and currently is 3rd NFL All time in quarterback rating....

Are you still trying to give Romo the nickname "Slip," Cowboyz1? I know that you mean that Romo has the ability to slip away from defenders, but everytime you post "Slip" as Romo's new nickname (given to him by you) I start thinking of other, unintended connotations of the word "slip":

• Women's undergarment

• A piece of paper

• That moronic frog-pilot from Starfox 64 (OK, his name was "Slippy," but you get the point)

• Sliding unintentionally for a short distance, usually while losing balance or footing.

• To decline from a previous or standard level

• To put on or remove clothing quickly

• An accident or mishap, especially a person falling down

• An error or oversight, especially in speech or writing

• Sideways movement of an airplane that has banked too far

Edited by historymike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still trying to give Romo the nickname "Slip," Cowboyz1? I know that you mean that Romo has the ability to slip away from defenders, but everytime you post "Slip" as Romo's new nickname (given to him by you) I start thinking of other, unintended connotations of the word "slip":

• whomper and his tongue in romo's ear.

• Women's undergarment

• A piece of paper

• That moronic frog-pilot from Starfox 64 (OK, his name was "Slippy," but you get the point)

• Sliding unintentionally for a short distance, usually while losing balance or footing.

That's why it's so appropriate. You see Slip is a great name for him. He slips tackles and defenders, Slips in and out of the pocket, slips in an out of famous womans lifes and pants, as well as slips in and out of trouble with the media and fans with a mishap here and then a stellar performance there.

You give me another name that encompasses all that and I'll use it. Maybe?

That's why it's so appropriate. You see Slip is a great name for him. He slips tackles and defenders, Slips in and out of the pocket, slips in an out of famous womans lifes and pants, as well as slips in and out of trouble with the media and fans with a mishap here and then a stellar performance there.

You give me another name that encompasses all that and I'll use it. Maybe?

douchebag :wacko:

Not surprising you ignore the many negative ways slip was mentioned.

you're startin to get in the Dallas threads faster than Seahawks21 and Menudo. Impressive

Yeah, I was reading Cowboyz1's weekly book on America's Team last night but fell asleep before I could post in it ahead of others.

What can I say, super homers are amusing to me.

douchebag :tup:

Not surprising you ignore the many negative ways slip was mentioned.

Yes, you notice that. Thing is, he's not your QB. So really it doesn't matter what you think of it now does it. I would be glad to assist you with coming up for a nick for your QB.

Let's try to come up with a name for your QB while were at it.

Let's see, what attributes does McCoy have..................... :wacko:

• Women's undergarment

• A piece of paper

I think when he say's slip he's referring to..... when the ball slips out of your hand when you're trying to place it down for a game winning field goal attempt! :wacko:

I think when he say's slip he's referring to..... when the ball slips out of your hand when you're trying to place it down for a game winning field goal attempt! :wacko:

I was more inspired by the way he Slipped into San Fran and slipped passed your defense while slipping the ball in-between your linebackers, then slipped up and got his rib broke but slipped back into the game to slip a few in to Austin so he could slip out out of Frisco with a W, leaving your niners to slip down to one loss, and leave you wondering how you let that one slip away up two scores in the fourth quarter.

I was more inspired by the way he Slipped into San Fran and slipped passed your defense while slipping the ball in-between your linebackers, then slipped up and got his rib broke but slipped back into the game to slip a few in to Austin so he could slip out out of Frisco with a W, leaving your niners to slip down to one loss, and leave you wondering how you let that one slip away up two scores in the fourth quarter.

touche :wacko:

Good thing you got us before the niners defense realized they were LIGHTS OUT!!

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

touche :wacko:

Good thing you got us before the niners defense realized they were LIGHTS OUT!!

I think we can slip in and out of Frisco again with a w. That is if we can slip or way past the eagles and giants and slip into the playoffs. Nice to see the niners relevent again.

The key is our D. Gotta slow down MCcoy and we have to get some heat on Vick. Make Vick remember he has broken ribs. Drop him on the ground a few times. They also have to contain him if he tucks and runs. They need to hit him as much as possible. Slip is targeting Austin a lot . Miles, Laurent, Dez and Witten is a nice group of weapons. Dallas needs to score high 20's -30s to win this game. Philly is going to get theirs. I think Dallas can hold their own on O. Ryan has to come up with a scheme here. This will be exciting. The East may not be exciting to the rest of the league but for East Homers dallas, Philly and The Giants slugging it out the last 2 weeks is classic .

The key is our D. Gotta slow down MCcoy and we have to get some heat on Vick. Make Vick remember he has broken ribs. Drop him on the ground a few times. They also have to contain him if he tucks and runs. They need to hit him as much as possible. Slip is targeting Austin a lot . Miles, Laurent, Dez and Witten is a nice group of weapons. Dallas needs to score high 20's -30s to win this game. Philly is going to get theirs. I think Dallas can hold their own on O. Ryan has to come up with a scheme here. This will be exciting. The East may not be exciting to the rest of the league but for East Homers dallas, Philly and The Giants slugging it out the last 2 weeks is classic .

:tup: Whomp on the "Slip" bandwagon :lol:

the rest of your post, +1. Nice Week 16 (and potentially 17) for all of us to look forward to :wacko:

This slip thing is incredibly dumb.

Romo isn't some savior, he is a mediocre QB who gets lucky sometimes, but more often then not can't finish a game.

slip = slope= tard = romo

I healthy big Big is slippery, on the field and in the bathroom.

Someone needs to slip this chick some vagisil

Early line is Dallas -2.

That is relatively shocking, seeing as (1) Dallas is hosting the 3rd place team they have a two-game lead on and a possible chance to clinch the division at that point in the day, (2) Vegas typically awards the home team a 3-point edge, meaning they feel if this game was on neutral ground, Philly would be favored, and (3) Vegas builds in a buffer to teams that get a lot of action regularly (like the Cowboys)....

I would have guessed it would have come out Dallas -5'ish.....IMO, for some reason, they are begging bettors to take the Cowboys.....

Early line is Dallas -2.

That is relatively shocking, seeing as (1) Dallas is hosting the 3rd place team they have a two-game lead on and a possible chance to clinch the division at that point in the day, (2) Vegas typically awards the home team a 3-point edge, meaning they feel if this game was on neutral ground, Philly would be favored, and (3) Vegas builds in a buffer to teams that get a lot of action regularly (like the Cowboys)....

I would have guessed it would have come out Dallas -5'ish.....IMO, for some reason, they are begging bettors to take the Cowboys.....

Vegas thinks this is a very tough game to pick. I don't think anyone knows what teams are going to show up. Can't discount Vick and McCoy as they both can do serious damage and our D is suspect. Then again the Dallas Offense is playing well also now that Austin is back.

I really think this game comes down to a turnover or who has the ball last, cause both teams can score points. I am hoping the home field and so much on the line gives the edge to the boys but I have seen this before so I'm not gonna say a thing.

I think vegas is saying pickem. Tough NFC East battle for survival and a playoff birth. Not at all shocked at the line. Could you seriously give points to either team right now give what's at stake and what the Eagles have already done to us? The Philly d is a shell of what it once was but that O is still dangerous and so is Dallas with Romo playing some of the best football of his Career without question.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Early line is Dallas -2.

Maybe they figure people aren't betting on them much after the last few weeks. Last minute loss to Cardinals on the road, lose a close one to Giants at home, then win big (but with a poor/mediocre 2nd half) over a very bad Bucs team.

Since the bye in week 5 they've only had 2 decisive wins, blowouts against STL (bad team) and BUF (turned out to be a bad team). Everything else are close games against both good and bad teams.

Early line is Dallas -2.

Not Really . The Eagles have been red hot and clicking the past few weeks. Dallas D has proven very suspect. If this line came out Dal -5 the Eagles action would have been enormous. I think most people see this as a game decided late so anything over 3 would sway the action