[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC West

muck

Overall Records:

DEN = 8-6

OAK = 7-7

SD = 7-7

KC = 6-8

Division Records:

DEN = 3-2 (beat OAK, SD, KC ... lost to OAK and SD)

OAK = 2-2 (beat DEN and SD .... lost to DEN and KC)

SD = 2-3 (beat DEN and KC ... lost to DEN, KC and OAK)

KC = 2-2 (beat OAK and SD ... lost to SD and DEN)

DEN plays @BUF and KC

OAK plays @KC and SD

SD plays @DET and @OAK

KC plays OAK and @DEN

...IF...

DEN loses both games, and both SD and OAK go 1-1 or 0-2, and KC wins both games, KC wins the division.

And, if that happened, KC would be (iirc) the only team in the history of the NFL to fire a coach mid-season and make the playoffs.

Also note that if that were to happen, KC would be (iirc) the only team in the history of the NFL to hold 1st place four or more games in to the season, slide all the way to last place in the division ... and still make the playoffs.

Consistency ... thy name is "Chief".

:manic:

PS -- I'm picking DEN to go at least 1-1 and win the division.

Man, if the division was on the line with orton returning to face tebo... wow.

Exactly the sort of thing that really fuels the rivalry, no?!

If denver doesn't win, id enjoy the kc scenario.

I've not been expecting KC to be sniffing the playoffs w/ 2 games to go since Herm Edwards took over for Vermeil. I'm not really going to start hoping one way or the other now ... expecially since I expect that the AFCW rep gets bounced in the first round regardless of who represents us ...

if kc wins division, does pioli have a choice in keeping romeo or not?

I hope we go after Fisher in all events, but the practicality of it is that if Romeo goes 3-0 to finish the season, he moves straight to the top of many GM's open HC lists. So, if he's not the guy in KC (assuming a 3-0 run), he'll probably be the HC somewhere.

So, here's my handicap of it:

3-0 = Romeo will definately be the HC

2-1 = 75% chance Romeo is the HC

1-2 = 50 / 50 ... unless we get blown out and/or look very inconsistent in one or both remaining games in which case it gets close to 10% chance ...

You almost have to be rooting for a Tebow v Orton matchup for the division in week 17. Epic.

Too bad Denver beats Buffalo this week and wins the division. Would be great to see it come down to Den vs KC, though. San Diego will beat Detroit and KC wins, though, which will make the last week worth watching.

If, next week, DEN beats BUF ... KC beats OAK ... and ... SD beats DET ... and then ... in Week 17, KC beats DEN and SD beats OAK ... I'm not sure who'd get in on tiebreakers ... DEN or SD?

If SD would get in on tiebreakers, then in most every situation, the final two games hold significant intrigue.

EVERY team in the AFC West is still in contention for the Division Title with two weeks to go.

:wacko:

If, next week, DEN beats BUF ... KC beats OAK ... and ... SD beats DET ... and then ... in Week 17, KC beats DEN and SD beats OAK ... I'm not sure who'd get in on tiebreakers ... DEN or SD?

If SD would get in on tiebreakers, then in most every situation, the final two games hold significant intrigue.

EVERY team in the AFC West is still in contention for the Division Title with two weeks to go.

:wacko:

I'm pretty sure I heard that DEN holds the tie-breaker due to better AFC conference record

Edited by Hat Trick

my interests aside, I still think the Den-KC game carries a lot of drama. Romeo is a good coach, and I think Orton might have a lot of piss-n-vinegar in his game this week (he hasnt looked bad the past 2 weeks mostly). Denver's defense has been highly overlooked for their contribution to their winning streak and needs to come up big against a QB that may know every trick they have.

Normally, this is a win-win or lose-lose type game for me, but im puking in my mouth already to have to say GO CHIEFS!

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Normally, this is a win-win or lose-lose type game for me, but im puking in my mouth already to have to say GO CHEIFS!

VHS is my favorite huddler this week.

Welcome to the fan base of the best most inconsistent team in the NFL!