[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am a fantasy football genius!

antasygraham

3 wks ago, as I sat in 1st place in my league, I traded Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore for Calvin, Vick, and Sjax. If I had not made that trade, I would not be advancing to the championships(well maybe if Gore goes off tonight, I still would of made it; but I don't see that happening).

So, I am giving myself multiple pats on the back today. Y'all feel free to compliment me too! :wacko:

3 wks ago, as I sat in 1st place in my league, I traded Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore for Calvin, Vick, and Sjax. If I had not made that trade, I would not be advancing to the championships(well maybe if Gore goes off tonight, I still would of made it; but I don't see that happening).

So, I am giving myself multiple pats on the back today. Y'all feel free to compliment me too! :tup:

A wise person here once said "fantasy football is 95% luck and 5% luck." So you were really lucky :wacko:

Wow and you posted your genius bit as a comment in the tunnel vision article as well.

Edited by stevegrab

A wise person here once said "fantasy football is 95% luck and 5% luck." So you were really lucky :wacko:

Wow and you posted your genius bit as a comment in the tunnel vision article as well.

Forgive me Steve if I'm a bit excited today. I'm playing for a $1000, b/c I made an extremely ballsey trade that paid off for me.

At best FF owners can only look like geniuses. I sold high this year on Fred Jackson in two leagues, figuring his tougher second half schedule would mean diminished production. In one league I wound up with Marshawn Lynch (other players involved), and in another I received Aaron Hernandex and Mathews ( I gave up Greg Olsen to balance the trade).

Now, since FJax got injured right after I traded him (weeks 7 and 9, respectively) am I a "genius" because he went on IR? After all, I did factor into my trade decision the fact that FJax is pushing 31, and I thought he might wear down a bit late in the season, while Mathews and Lynch are younger.

Personally, I vote for "damned lucky," just like in another league where I traded Brady for Forte right before Forte went down. Yet in other years I have been burned by such trades, landing a player I thought would catapult me to the top and who unfortunately went on the IR (Priest Holmes did this to me one year, as did Romo last year with the broken collarbone).

I thought it was 50% Blind Luck and 50% Dumb luck. :wacko:

The reasons I made the trade are b/c

1) My WRs were very weak(BMarsh, Holmes, Crabtree)

2) I suspected Aaron and Gore would get rest down the stretch. We've already seen the 49ers begin to rest Gore. I doubt Rodgers plays next week.

Luck or Foresight?

:tup:

Edited by antasygraham

The reasons I made the trade are b/c

1) My WRs were very weak(BMarsh, Holmes, Crabtree)

2) I suspected Aaron and Gore would get rest down the stretch. We've already seen the 49ers begin to rest Gore. I doubt Rodgers plays next week.

Luck or Foresight?

:wacko:

Q: Luck or Foresight?

A: Boring

So, I am giving myself multiple pats on the back today. Y'all feel free to compliment me too! :wacko:

I agree. Let's give credit where credit is due. Genius move and extremely ballsy!

Edited by electricrelish

At best FF owners can only look like geniuses. I sold high this year on Fred Jackson in two leagues, figuring his tougher second half schedule would mean diminished production. In one league I wound up with Marshawn Lynch (other players involved), and in another I received Aaron Hernandex and Mathews ( I gave up Greg Olsen to balance the trade).

It's amazing to see how high Jackson still remains compared to other RBs in the league. It sucks to look at the WW and see that little IR sitting by his name. He could have had a really great season.

Forgive me Steve if I'm a bit excited today. I'm playing for a $1000, b/c I made an extremely ballsey trade that paid off for me.

Good for you, don't mean to rain on your parade but if you've been playing for long you knows its more luck than being a genius.

So congrats on your genius move.

PS I doubt they are resting Rodgers a whole lot, but we shall see.

Ah, the fantasy gods don't like self proclamations? I've been talking trash all yr. As long as you play the game with ethics, the fantasy gods will leave you alone.

Do not fret if others do not recognize your genius for sometimes it takes other geniuses to recognize true genius, and alas they are few and far between.

The only person that cares about your fantasy team is yourself. This is relevant to no one but yourself. So don't post it in a general fantasy football forum. It has no benefit.

Hahahahah, why did you open my thread D-bag? I pay 30$ a yr to TheHuddle...I will post whatever I please. Go back to your Mom's basement