[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Free Agent Pickup System does your Leage Use?

Wiseman155

Currently, I'm in a 10 team redraft league with standard scoring. This is the 4th year of this same group of guys, but many of us have noticed that a few teams are ahead of the rest simply bc they sit on their asses all Sunday, watch Redzone, and have their computer Open. It seems that these people are always first to pick up the big movers of the week off of WW.

Most of the league is extremely upset with this bc two of these managers are playing for the championship next week.

Everyone is in agreement that a system needs to be put in place to prevent this so called "cherry picking" next year. My question is what is the best way to do this. Please give me examples of how your league deals with this.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 - Don't allow unlimited FA moves.

2 - Don't do a strictly first come/first served thing.

We had a mixed system which worked very well. Could do 2 moves per week and first was a worst/first waiver thing, then first come/first served (after all IMO some reward should be had for being on top of things). Gave a good balance IMO and didn't allow a few to grab all the FAs. MFL worked it nicely.

Edited by BeeR

We used to use a worst to first priority system that changed each week based on current record for that season. Problem we had with that was if a team started 4-0, they never got a shot at any of the hot pickups.

We finally switched to a blind bid system. Everyone puts in some money upfront now since we used to payout total points money from the waiver wire moves fees. We use a $100 in blind bidding money, $1 minimum, highest bid as of Thursday night gets the player, then from Thursday to Sunday it's First Come First Served Waivers. Worked great for us, no more folks not willing to pick up a backup TE for a week since they had to pay for the move and everyone get's the same shot at the hot pickup of the week.

We do blind bidding system in three I play in. Everyone get's $100 to bid on players until Thursday am. After that 1st come first serve up until 1 pm games on Sunday. Players dropped that week are not availble for pick-up until the following week. It works great and is the fairest..