[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post your personal "Will Never Draft Again" list

markgugs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Aikman

Barry Sanders

Jerry Rice

Kellen Winslow Sr.

Rolf Benirschke

Bruce Smith

Jesse Tuggle

Ronnie Lott

good post

there are guys who I don't draft at their ADP but if they fall too far and its a steal, I take. Hence me riding Ben Rapistberger to the Championship game

This thread should be called "Guys that pissed me off at some point this season so I'm gonna overreact and disregard their actual value".

:wacko:

Its funny because its true.

DWill screwed me after getting him in a trade last year and keeping him for this year so I think I'll just cut him. Same for Rivers, what a POS, he gone.

I was going to say any HOU WR not named AJ. GB RBs, Bears K

Finley & DMC

Finley ALWAYS rated higher than his production...DMC will have issues with Lisfranc the rest of his career...possibly having a good game or two here and there, but frustration awaits. Let somebody else deal with it. Put Gates in the same category. And for me, I won't put Ryan Matthews on my roster... made of paper, don't need those problems or GTD's and goose-eggs. Okay, Beanie Wells too (maybe I'm too accustomed to leagues with short benches where I need reliability!) Shanahan backs? Maybe I'll stop now, I keep thinking of more.

start your own damned thread

Come on, bro... Nothing wrong with being pissed at guys you thought would be better on your team. It's just silly to say you'll never draft them again when there is a lot that can change about a player's situation between now and August. Believe me, I'm pretty frustrated with Vincent Jackson, but I know that his season wasn't all his fault. The offensive line was pretty awful for most of the season, and that had a domino effect. With Norv likely gone, who knows what will happen in SD and how VJax will be affected. Best not to hold a grudge into next year.

Come on, bro... Nothing wrong with being pissed at guys you thought would be better on your team. It's just silly to say you'll never draft them again when there is a lot that can change about a player's situation between now and August. Believe me, I'm pretty frustrated with Vincent Jackson, but I know that his season wasn't all his fault. The offensive line was pretty awful for most of the season, and that had a domino effect. With Norv likely gone, who knows what will happen in SD and how VJax will be affected. Best not to hold a grudge into next year.

my reply was completely tongue-in-cheek

though I truly do check guys off as "will not draft again" haha. I'd probably bite on VJax again, but that's it out of my list

This thread should be called "Guys that pissed me off at some point this season so I'm gonna overreact and disregard their actual value".

start your own damned thread

:wacko:

This is actually a great idea for a thread. I am in all auction draft leagues so it is even more relevant, I think. There really are certain players that you "tag" going into the draft that you know you don't want.

These players would apply for a snake or an auction draft, because of things mentioned here (injury/reliablilty/etc) but in an auction draft, even more important, because there are many that you know will be over-rated and other owners will pay more than their value. You know you will not want to go that high, or will not bid on them for other reasons. I make a list of all of those players and "nominate" them when it's my turn, so other owners will spend their $$$ on them, which gives me a better chance to get the ones I really do want for less, since other owners have already spent part of their budgets and filled roster spots with my "undesireables".

Great list to have going into the draft.

Edited by SecondString

Depends on how you formulate your list. The guys on my list aren't just duds for a season. They generally screw me multiple times and always have some issue they are dealing with (team, injuries, whatever). Addai and Vernon Davis are great examples. Up one season, down the other. Addai starts out good, then flops because of one reason or another. It happens over and over and that's the reason guys should end up on the list....at least for me.