[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any measurable history of Wallace with Batch at QB?

Chadman

Wondering about Batch and how he has performed targets-wise when replacing Big Ben over the past couple of years. I'd guess Wallace would still be a solid look, but not sure if Batch has gone his way when in the lineup, and I'd guess they might not be looking at as many deep balls with him in the lineup. Anyone have an opinion about this from watching those games?

Wallace has been average at best the last month or so not sure his production can drop much. I made it to the title game with him not doing much so hopefully I can get a bit out of him to win it.

Wallace can break a short gain into a big play so he doesn't need a deep ball to make a big play if that makes you feel any better. I don't have any other better options to play so he makes my lineup anyway.

Not sure where to find historical targets, but am sure someone has access to this info. I'd be interested in seeing it too.

Yeah - it's not a hugh thing for me, several options about the same with minor drawbacks. I just figured there were some Steeler watchers here that might have a thought on how they've connected in the past. No doubt his quick slants can be dangerous, and the Rams should provide some opportunities for all Steelers this week.

I currently have Wallace on my bench for the first time this season. I am torn between some favorable matchups (Santonio Holmes vs NYG; Julio Jones vs NOS; Demaryius Thomas vs BUF) and "always start your studs." Not that PIT vs STL isn't favorable, I just think Wallace has lost some of the "stud" luster, especially with Big Ben out.

I might be able to pull you some targets out of my old stat hat.

Week 2: 4 targets, 2 receptions

Week 3: 4 targets, 3 receptions

Week 4: 5 targets, 2 receptions

Week 11: 3 targets, 2 receptions

I'm going all in with Mendy in this game as I think it will be extremely run heavy. Actually thats more hoping than anything.

Hope that helps.

Edited by tazinib1

I might be able to pull you some targets out of my old stat hat.

Week 2: 4 targets, 2 receptions

Week 3: 4 targets, 3 receptions

Week 4: 5 targets, 2 receptions

Week 11: 3 targets, 2 receptions

I'm going all in with Mendy in this game as I think it will be extremely run heavy. Actually thats more hoping than anything.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for pulling those up.

Those numbers sure make me feel better about Wallace breaking out of his slump if Ben sits :wacko:

I'm a huge underdog in our title game so not sure it matters much, expect the worst and be surprised when I check the scores Sat night and have a back-to-back title under the tree (I hope)

Ben won't sit. Moot point.

Is this based on your opinion or something that has been said by the team/Ben? I appreciate the information from all, especially the targets info. That is a consistently low target ratio, not something I would want to hang my hat on.

Wallace is either going to make or break my season this week. I just don't think I can bench him with Big Ben or not. I have other options but they're almost as much of a long shot as Wallace scoring without Big Ben. Throw in the good chance Ben plays and I think I have to plug him in.

Just what I need is Ben to sit.

Fasano is out (I can thank stupid dope smoking Fred Davis for even having to pick him up),

Wallace will get 4 targets all day,

and Houston's D played so well (refs didn't help them any on some of the calls) last night they lost to Indy.

I guess that's only 1/3 of my lineup. Can't afford any more bad news though, wish they were all playing tonight to get it over with.