[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barber will sit out Saturday's game at GB

v0dka

which would leave Bell as the primary ball carrier.

If you're playing him this week, who are you playing him over?

In PPR, I'm starting Bell over Shonn Greene.

ETA - I figure Greene's finger injury plus a desperate Giants team might mean bad things for the Jets. Just a hunch.

Edited by MTSuper7

which would leave Bell as the primary ball carrier.

If you're playing him this week, who are you playing him over?

Misleading thread title!

1st of all, the Bears play Sunday night, not Saturday.

2nd, there has been no official announcement that Barber is out (as of yet), in fact he participated in practice on Thursday (to what extent, I'm not sure, but he was out there).

Misleading thread title!

1st of all, the Bears play Sunday night, not Saturday.

2nd, there has been no official announcement that Barber is out (as of yet), in fact he participated in practice on Thursday (to what extent, I'm not sure, but he was out there).

I was just going on what I read from Rotoworld.

The Chicago Tribune reports Marion Barber (calf) will sit out Saturday's game in Green Bay.

If Barber is out I intend to play Bell over Helu this week in my flex spot (no PPR).

I have the same decision to make. If Barber is indeed out I may have to roll with Bell. This is a PPR league which makes Bell even more attractive IMO.

In PPR, I'm starting Bell over Shonn Greene.

ETA - I figure Greene's finger injury plus a desperate Giants team might mean bad things for the Jets. Just a hunch.

I'm flip flopping on whether or not to bench Shonn Greene or Willis McGahee in order to get Bell in the lineup. Either way, I'm going to find a spot for Bell, and I'm guessing I'll go with my gut in the end and play McGahee. Just thought it might be helpful to add that I like Bell as the primary ball carrier enough to start him over Greene and possibly McGahee in PPR (with McGahee, it's more fear of a timeshare that seems to have crept in with Lance Ball, even though McGahee will want to have a big game against his former team).

:wacko:

It's on CBS' website as well.

Report: Barber out for Week 16

Marion Barber, RB CHI

News: According to NFL.com, Chicago RB Marion Barber will not play in Week 16 against Green Bay because of a calf injury. Barber has missed practice the past two days and will be replaced in the starting lineup by Bears RB Kahlil Bell for Sunday's game.

I'm starting Bell over K. Smith (my RBs suck). Like jberg, I barely survived Barber's 3 points last week. Hopefully Bell can do some damage.

I hope you guys get some definitive word from the Bears, not the infamous "league source" or "according to NFL.com". I hate all that BS type reporting. So many times it circular reporting with each source citing the others as their source. Which points back to a rumor from the security guard at the practice facility.

I hope you guys get some definitive word from the Bears, not the infamous "league source" or "according to NFL.com". I hate all that BS type reporting. So many times it circular reporting with each source citing the others as their source. Which points back to a rumor from the security guard at the practice facility.

is the Chicago Tribune not good enough for you?

Just a word of advice. Check how many running backs have had good games against that D. Good luck! :wacko:

my point was that your team allegiance without question colors your decision

for fun, I did check

(all-purpose yds listed)

wk 1 (SEA): Lynch, 47 yds, but I think you would admit it was a different Seattle team 16 weeks ago

wk 2 (DAL): Jones/Murray/Choice, 84 yds, though Romo & passing were the focus, not the running game

wk 3 (CIN): Benson, 64 yds

wk 4 (PHI): McCoy, 52 yds, 1 TD, but Vick added 75 yds (and threw for another 400+; McCoy only had 9 carries)

wk 5 (TB): Blount/Graham, 95 yds, Tampa was down 24-3 at half, 34-3 at the end of 3. how much did TB run?

wk 6 (DET): Best, 110 yds, Stafford threw the ball 50 times

wk 8 (CLE): Ogbonnaya, 61 yds

wk 9 (WAS): Helu, 146 yds

wk 10 (NYG): Jacobs/Ware, 140 yds

wk 11 (AZ): Wells/Taylor, 67 yds

wk 12 (BAL): Rice, 83 yds - by far their best performance against an elite back

wk 13 (STL): S.Jackson, 30 yds - 11 touches; Niners had 36 minute TOP

wk 14 (AZ): Wells, 27 yds, though Skelton threw for 282 & 3, and SF lost

wk 15 (PIT): Mendenhall, 89 yds - 18 touches

how many elite backs did San Fran face? I count 3 (Rice, McCoy, and Lynch 15 weeks ago). McCoy scored.

I would agree that their 3.3 ypc against, and 71.5 ypg against are both impressive numbers, but as is the case 100% of the time, there's a story behind those numbers. In this case, they haven't faced anyone. No Foster, no Peterson, no Forte, no Jones-Drew, no Turner. Lynch is THE hottest RB in all of football, and he's run roughshod over everyone, good run defenses included (Baltimore, Chicago, Washington).

I don't think anyone's expecting 173 yards and 3 TDs, but all you Niners fans act like it's laughable that anyone even dare suggest some lowly opponent has a prayer of running on your defense, god forbid punching 1 in.

my point was that your team allegiance without question colors your decision

for fun, I did check

(all-purpose yds listed)

wk 1 (SEA): Lynch, 47 yds, but I think you would admit it was a different Seattle team 16 weeks ago

wk 2 (DAL): Jones/Murray/Choice, 84 yds, though Romo & passing were the focus, not the running game

wk 3 (CIN): Benson, 64 yds

wk 4 (PHI): McCoy, 52 yds, 1 TD, but Vick added 75 yds (and threw for another 400+; McCoy only had 9 carries)

wk 5 (TB): Blount/Graham, 95 yds, Tampa was down 24-3 at half, 34-3 at the end of 3. how much did TB run?

wk 6 (DET): Best, 110 yds, Stafford threw the ball 50 times

wk 8 (CLE): Ogbonnaya, 61 yds

wk 9 (WAS): Helu, 146 yds

wk 10 (NYG): Jacobs/Ware, 140 yds

wk 11 (AZ): Wells/Taylor, 67 yds

wk 12 (BAL): Rice, 83 yds - by far their best performance against an elite back

wk 13 (STL): S.Jackson, 30 yds - 11 touches; Niners had 36 minute TOP

wk 14 (AZ): Wells, 27 yds, though Skelton threw for 282 & 3, and SF lost

wk 15 (PIT): Mendenhall, 89 yds - 18 touches

how many elite backs did San Fran face? I count 3 (Rice, McCoy, and Lynch 15 weeks ago). McCoy scored.

I would agree that their 3.3 ypc against, and 71.5 ypg against are both impressive numbers, but as is the case 100% of the time, there's a story behind those numbers. In this case, they haven't faced anyone. No Foster, no Peterson, no Forte, no Jones-Drew, no Turner. Lynch is THE hottest RB in all of football, and he's run roughshod over everyone, good run defenses included (Baltimore, Chicago, Washington).

I don't think anyone's expecting 173 yards and 3 TDs, but all you Niners fans act like it's laughable that anyone even dare suggest some lowly opponent has a prayer of running on your defense, god forbid punching 1 in.

If you wanna start Lynch, by all means do it. I'm not sure how you're gonna feel about it after the games are over though. lol

is the Chicago Tribune not good enough for you?

No its not, when it says "according to a league source" and not "Coach Lovie Smith has told us..."

Too much of this in the media, as I pointd out with one source citing some other source in a circle back to them. Or some anonymous league source.

Doesn't really matter to me, as I'm not in the playoffs so I don't have to worry about Barber. But if I were making roster and lineup decisions I'd want something more definitive than this.