[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Careful with your Cowboys starters today

i_am_the_swammi

If the Giants beat the Jets today, the Eagles-Cowboys game becomes completely meaningless: the Eagles would be eliminated, and the division would come down to next week's DAL-NYG game, win or lose for the Cowboys today.

That said, NFL Network was iterating that if the Giants do indeed beat the Jets at 1:00, that Dallas might be inclined to treat this week as a bye week, and give some serious rest and protection to Romo, Jones, Austin, etc. Get them a week of rest and health, and have them ready to play for a winner-take-all game next week in NY (and into the playoffs if they win).

Just a heads up if you have some other 4:00 options to go with.....keep a close eye on the Jets/Giants score.

I think this would ALSO mean...

...a bump up in value for Eagles offensive players, as well as even more of a bump up for Morris's sleeper value. if the game means nothing to Dallas, why risk further injury to Felix Jones?

Philly is still hanging onto an outside shot at winning the division, so I expect a full-court press from them

Philly is still hanging onto an outside shot at winning the division, so I expect a full-court press from them

That outside shot goes away if the Giants win...which is why anyone with any fantasy hopes riding on the Eagles or Cowboys needs to be rooting hard for the Jets today.

if the Giants win, I could also see the Eagles resting Vick and his ailing ribs, too.

I hope you're right and it really happens that way. My championship opponent is playing Austin and Robinson. :wacko: I feel good about my chance regardless, love all of this football today! I'll mis soooooooo much less ball than i would have if all the games were Sunday. Good for the players too. :tup:

This sucks on so many levels. # 1 not being able to clinch as a boys fan # 2 having Romo and Dez in my superbowl match up. I gotta think Romo will play though. I doubt they rest them the whole game . Only other choice is alex smith :wacko:

Still rolling with LaRo over Tolbert. It's not like DAL will completely bench their starters for the whole game. I could see them just chucking it down the sidelines to get some WR practice. You will probably see less F Jones than normal before you see less of the WRs. That's my $0.02.

I agree, Swammi, which is why I'm sticking with my original decision (Vick over Romo). Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Witten in two other leagues. In one, Johnny Knox is my only other option (on IR), and in the other, Gresham and Dickson already played. Oh well... Hopefully, Witten will catch a TD early, in what I expect (or at least expected) to be a high-scoring affair.

Meanwhile, the Jets get to within six and stop the Giants (now punting) with almost six minutes to go. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher