[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Buy

Skilly

I'm done with Best Buy.

Worst customer service, by far, that I have experienced in at least a decade.

The straw that broke the camel's back:

Went in there Thursday night just to get an ipod for my daughter. Went to the back of the store where the electronics are, and where there is a gigantic round sign on the ceiling that says MP3s. First thing we come to is a large sign that states "Sign in here for assistance. Customers will be helped on a first come first serve basis." Well, there was no list to sign, and no employee manning that desk. Ok, whatever. We see a line of people leading back to a counter where they keep all the laptops and gadgets, and there are four employees in blue back there. We get in line...seems like the obvious thing to do. 20 minutes we stand in line, and when it's our turn, we get to the counter and I say "I'd like to get one ipod classic, 160gb please." The teenager looks at us and says, "Oh, I'm sorry you waited in this line. The ipods are at the front of the store at customer service."

:wacko: What?

Very annoyed, we leave and head over to Cust service. Stand in line for 5 minutes to get up to the counter, and again I ask for the ipod.

"Oh, you need to go over to the main cashier for those."

:tup: Are you freaking kidding me??

Pissed beyond belief, we go to the cashier line, about another 5 minutes, and finally get to the cashier. They had the ipod we wanted, but not the color, but I just got it anyway. They were keeping all the ipods locked up in this cage, and they had to call over a person from....customer service...to unlock it everytime someone wanted a stupid ipod.

Walking out of the store I began to look around. Would it have been that hard to create a simple sign stating "IPODS THIS WAY" or something like that?

Anybody else have any shopping horror stories?

I read a story in the Business section of the local rag this week reporting that Best Buy were not going to be able to fulfill a ton of orders because they had understocked. Utterly brilliant.

I had this problem buying a Netbook online a while back. They kept on sending me delay advisories until it became completely obvious they would never fulfill the order. Why they didn't just come straight out and say it is beyond me. They suck balls and they are under major pressure from Walmart and Costco, among others. Their European venture was a fiasco that they are now withdrawing from.

They aren't very well run at all.

Compusa is decent, but for customer service AMAZON is THE BEST!

Bought an electric razor (Dr.'s Orders) about 10 days ago from Amazon. My beard is tough & thick. This razor couldn't cut it after 6 passes over one spot. Tried doing it wet same result. Both times I had a 5 O'Clock shadow look right after. Called Amazon for a return. They completed the transaction in less than 5 mins. PLUS full refund, but no return...They don't want it back. :wacko: I'll donate it to some charity, I love dealing w/ Amazon.

+1

They pissed me off over 10 years ago and have not been back since.

Same here, 10 years and one month ago to be exact, heh.

I bought a TV there. The cashier tried like hell to get me to buy the extended warranty, and no matter how many times I said no thanks, I'm all set, nah....he wouldn't give up, and basically made me look and feel like I was a complete moron in front of everyone around us for not getting it. "I can't believe your not going to get it" he says with that you dipAthena smile on his face. If the a-hole hadn't already swiped my credit card I'd have just said forget it and walked out with the TV sitting there on the checkout counter. Bye.

I still pop in there occasionally to get a cheap BluRay but that's about it, I'll do all I can to never make a major purchase there again. Now I have innernets for that.

TV still works fine today.

Edited by PPIchamp

Best Buy needs a transformation or they will go broke. They need smaller stores, for starters (no one buys CDs anymore and their old stores used so much floor space for that). They need new products to sell. They are trying the Keurig and sodastream routes, but that won't be near enough. Over time they will turn into the place with all the sold on TV stuff.

Best Buy wlll not have smart enough executive leadership to right the ship and they will bust eventually.

Best Buy needs a transformation or they will go broke. They need smaller stores, for starters (no one buys CDs anymore and their old stores used so much floor space for that). They need new products to sell. They are trying the Keurig and sodastream routes, but that won't be near enough. Over time they will turn into the place with all the sold on TV stuff.

Best Buy wlll not have smart enough executive leadership to right the ship and they will bust eventually.

Same here, 10 years and one month ago to be exact, heh.

I bought a TV there. The cashier tried like hell to get me to buy the extended warranty, and no matter how many times I said no thanks, I'm all set, nah....he wouldn't give up, and basically made me look and feel like I was a complete moron in front of everyone around us for not getting it. "I can't believe your not going to get it" he says with that you dipAthena smile on his face. If the a-hole hadn't already swiped my credit card I'd have just said forget it and walked out with the TV sitting there on the checkout counter. Bye.

I still pop in there occasionally to get a cheap BluRay but that's about it, I'll do all I can to never make a major purchase there again. Now I have innernets for that.

TV still works fine today.

that is when you tell him, in front of all the customers, that BB makes more money off warranties than anything and that you will buy your warranty from the same place they would sell their warranties to, for less money. Difference betweeen Circuit City and BB was that CC kept their warranties and fix the issues themselves and BB sells their warranties and makes the difference off of you and then holds your product up when it needs to be fixed.

I went into Best Buy because my wife wanted me to pick up some DVD movies for her father as stocking stuffers. I saw a 270 EX flash for my wife's camera. Regular price $ 169, marked down to $99. After waiting for 25 minutes for the key to get transfered around the store they were finally able to unlock the cabinet and get the item out. The little girl working the camera department was apologetic about the wait and so she rung me up there instead of making me stand in the long cashier line. She walked me to the front and I left. In the car I decided to take the flash box out of the bag so that when I handed my wife the DVD's she would not see the flash unit. The box was too light. I opened it and it was empty.

I went back. Things got ugly. I was accused of attempted theft by fraud. The Cops were called. Since I advise those Cops in my job, a supervisor was called, and then the Sheriff's Dept was called in to take over for the Cops.

The manager told the Deputy there is no way they would sell empty merchandize boxes. The sales girl could not say one way or the other as to whether the item was in the box. I pointed out that part of the reason it took so long, beside the fact that they apparently only have one key in the entire store to open locked displays, was that they were down to only one of the item I had purchased as suggested by the salesgirl having had to do an inventory search to find the one cabinet the item was in. I suggested the possibility that the box sold to me was the box for the display item. The sales girl then chimes in that they are supposed to keep the box for the display item in the cabinet under the display case and she went to look and there was no open box for the display item, she had clearly sold the box for the displayed item.

Long and short, I left the store with a 470 EX flash for the sales price of the 270. The manager asked if that concession had us square. I said does he believe a price concession would square the matter of him wrongly accusing me of a crime which would jeopardize my career if believed when the mistake was theirs. he replied "probably not". He's got that right.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I went into Best Buy because my wife wanted me to pick up some DVD movies for her father as stocking stuffers. I saw a 270 EX flash for my wife's camera. Regular price $ 169, marked down to $99. After waiting for 25 minutes for the key to get transfered around the store they were finally able to unlock the cabinet and get the item out. The little girl working the camera department was apologetic about the wait and so she rung me up there instead of making me stand in the long cashier line. She walked me to the front and I left. In the car I decided to take the flash box out of the bag so that when I handed my wife the DVD's she would not see the flash unit. The box was too light. I opened it and it was empty.

I went back. Things got ugly. I was accused of attempted theft by fraud. The Cops were called. Since I advise those Cops in my job, a supervisor was called, and then the Sheriff's Dept was called in to take over for the Cops.

The manager told the Deputy there is no way they would sell empty merchandize boxes. The sales girl could not say one way or the other as to whether the item was in the box. I pointed out that part of the reason it took so long, beside the fact that they apparently only have one key in the entire store to open locked displays, was that they were down to only one of the item I had purchased as suggested by the salesgirl having had to do an inventory search to find the one cabinet the item was in. I suggested the possibility that the box sold to me was the box for the display item. The sales girl then chimes in that they are supposed to keep the box for the display item in the cabinet under the display case and she went to look and there was no open box for the display item, she had clearly sold the box for the displayed item.

Long and short, I left the store with a 470 EX flash for the sales price of the 270. The manager asked if that concession had us square. I said does he believe a price concession would square the matter of him wrongly accusing me of a crime which would jeopardize my career if believed when the mistake was theirs. he replied "probably not". He's got that right.

So you got two EX flashes for the price of one. Very clever.

I'm done with Best Buy.

Worst customer service, by far, that I have experienced in at least a decade.

The straw that broke the camel's back:

Went in there Thursday night just to get an ipod for my daughter. Went to the back of the store where the electronics are, and where there is a gigantic round sign on the ceiling that says MP3s. First thing we come to is a large sign that states "Sign in here for assistance. Customers will be helped on a first come first serve basis." Well, there was no list to sign, and no employee manning that desk. Ok, whatever. We see a line of people leading back to a counter where they keep all the laptops and gadgets, and there are four employees in blue back there. We get in line...seems like the obvious thing to do. 20 minutes we stand in line, and when it's our turn, we get to the counter and I say "I'd like to get one ipod classic, 160gb please." The teenager looks at us and says, "Oh, I'm sorry you waited in this line. The ipods are at the front of the store at customer service."

:wacko: What?

Very annoyed, we leave and head over to Cust service. Stand in line for 5 minutes to get up to the counter, and again I ask for the ipod.

"Oh, you need to go over to the main cashier for those."

:tup: Are you freaking kidding me??

Pissed beyond belief, we go to the cashier line, about another 5 minutes, and finally get to the cashier. They had the ipod we wanted, but not the color, but I just got it anyway. They were keeping all the ipods locked up in this cage, and they had to call over a person from....customer service...to unlock it everytime someone wanted a stupid ipod.

Walking out of the store I began to look around. Would it have been that hard to create a simple sign stating "IPODS THIS WAY" or something like that?

Anybody else have any shopping horror stories?

A lot of people would have given up. Kudos for hanging in there to get your daughter what she wanted.

Yeah, I was disappointed to see CC go myself, they were a fine alternative to BB, but I have to admit I like the layout of BB better.

I really don't care for the front door greeter or the stalkers they have walking the ailes at BB. And I can't imagine the half dozen camera angles they must have on you at any given time as you parouse BluRay's. :wacko: