[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP down

Big John

My question now is when will he be ready next season? I'm no doctor but it looked like a significant injury. If nothing is broken, there's a lot of stuff torn up. Is that something that a player can rehab and be back to normal in 6-7 months? Some of these injuries seem to take a full year to heal and if that's the case, he may not even play next year. :wacko:

My question now is when will he be ready next season? I'm no doctor but it looked like a significant injury. If nothing is broken, there's a lot of stuff torn up. Is that something that a player can rehab and be back to normal in 6-7 months? Some of these injuries seem to take a full year to heal and if that's the case, he may not even play next year. :wacko:

Depends on the player and how severe the injury, ie. both ACL and MCL, Welker blew a knee in week 16 and was back by week1 but it seems like most RBs never really come back from it fully.

Depends on the player and how severe the injury, ie. both ACL and MCL, Welker blew a knee in week 16 and was back by week1 but it seems like most RBs never really come back from it fully.

I was thinking of Welker when I was writing it. He came back but did not look good the entire season. Obviously he looks a lot better now. Peterson does seem to have freakish healing powers but that injury looked pretty bad. Welker's looked fairly benign when it happened but Peterson's injury was gruesome. I hope he can play next year but expectations should be tempered. Of course we could find out that he just had a bad hyperextension... [crosses fingers]

I was thinking of Welker when I was writing it. He came back but did not look good the entire season. Obviously he looks a lot better now. Peterson does seem to have freakish healing powers but that injury looked pretty bad. Welker's looked fairly benign when it happened but Peterson's injury was gruesome. I hope he can play next year but expectations should be tempered. Of course we could find out that he just had a bad hyperextension... [crosses fingers]

Yeah Welkers comeback was super human as well. I still don't know how he came back from that so quick. You're right too though, he wasn't himself for a while. I believe he even admitted he was scared to really cut on it for a long time.

True could just be a sprain, but it looked really bad.

Per NFL.com

Coach Leslie Frazier is calling Peterson's knee injury a sprain, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

Analysis: Though a knee sprain is probably enough to keep Peterson out of the Vikings' season finale, if the report is accurate, it would actually represent good news, given the more serious possibilities.

Hard to believe there isn't at least one ligament totally severed.

Per NFL.com

Coach Leslie Frazier is calling Peterson's knee injury a sprain, ESPN's John Clayton reports.

Analysis: Though a knee sprain is probably enough to keep Peterson out of the Vikings' season finale, if the report is accurate, it would actually represent good news, given the more serious possibilities.

Hard to believe there isn't at least one ligament totally severed.

I am getting conflicting reports on this. Other reports I see are an ACL injury. Need to see what it really is.