[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ponder

Ursa Majoris

The Vikings should seriously ponder Webb as their QB starter.

As good as Ponder has looked at times the Vikings flat out reach for Ponder with their pick last year and should have given Webb a chance especially the way he played at times at the end of last season. If they had started working on the oline sooner or their failing secondary with that pick they would have been further along going into this season when again there were going to be quality QB's available again Luck, Barkley at the time, the Okl QB....

The question is, with the recent news of AP's ACL/MCL tear, what position do they draft in April? Should be fun watching all the draftnicks bickering at each other.

ETA: I'm still a hugh Ponder believer.

Edited by tazinib1

Ponder has look good and bad at times. I like what i've seen, other then AP and Harvin they still need a lot of pieces of the puzzle offensively for any QB to succeed. Hey he made Jenkins (before the injury) look like the prospect he should have been.

Ponder has had his moments when he's looked very good, he's also had his rookie moments where he's looked very bad. Webb has more experience in the league, but I think he has his own limitations as a QB.

What I would like to see is both QBs get a chance at the starting job next year in a fair competition. Not one guy has a leg up based on salary or is the coaches favorite. I think they both have potential to be very good QBs for the Vikings. All they need is a chance, along with a healthy AP, better WRs, and an offensive line that can actually block.

Ponder has had his moments when he's looked very good, he's also had his rookie moments where he's looked very bad. Webb has more experience in the league, but I think he has his own limitations as a QB.

What I would like to see is both QBs get a chance at the starting job next year in a fair competition. Not one guy has a leg up based on salary or is the coaches favorite. I think they both have potential to be very good QBs for the Vikings. All they need is a chance, along with a healthy AP, better WRs, and an offensive line that can actually block.

This is why I don't see the Vikings drafting a QB. They have two guys who, while not all-world, are likely good enough to be serviceable. That serviceability is entirely dependent on the pieces around them being strengthened, hence in the offensive side of the draft they will go for OL / WR, IMO.