[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bengals have track to AFC No. 6 seed

JUMbotron

Jets were in control of No. 6 seed with tiebreaker over Cincy on strength of victory.... but the Bengals beat Arizona to go 9-6, Jets lost to NYG to go 8-7....

NYJ at Miami (tough, tough game... Miami is playing hard, so damn hard for interim HC Todd Bowles.... )

Cincy at home vs. Baltimore (Ravens already clinched playoff spot, can they get up again to clinch No. 2 seed?)

Tebow wishes he could be the Red Rocket!

Edit: In shamelessly tooting my own horn:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...;hl=Andy+Dalton

"In my opinion I believe Dalton develops into a better QB than anyone else in this draft class. Can someone tell me why he isn't even close to being a top-10 pick, when Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert are both LOCKS for being drafted in the top-10?"

Newton has outplayed him, but I still stick by my opinion that he will develop into the best QB out of this year's class.

Edited by bostonsoxandy

DEN at 8-7 has beaten both CIN & the Jets, so if they don't win the division, if they win next week but lose the division to OAK, they would hold the upper hand in a 3-way with those 2 teams I believe. TEN is also in the mix. SD down 24-0 right now in DET is in trouble.

Edited by Bronco Billy

There are so many different scenarios for the 6th seed, it's insane. The Bengals have the advantage, win and they're in. However, I feel they have the greatest chance of losing of any of the teams involved. The Ravens need a win to secure the division and a first round bye, since Pittsburgh is almost guaranteed a win against Cleveland. Assuming they lose to Baltimore, they can still get in if in a head-to-head tiebreaker with Tennessee. However, if there's a three way tie involving the Bengals, Titans, and one other team (Jets, Raiders), the Titans will advance. If all four of those teams are tied, Oakland will advance. Oakland would also advance in a three way tie with the Bengals and Jets, or just head to head with the Bengals. This is, of course, assuming Denver beats Kansas City to win the division. If they lose and Oakland wins, granting them the division win, we're back to Bengals/Jets/Titans.

tl;dr - It's a mess.

Mike Brown offering buy-one-get-one.

Sad that this has to happen to get this game on TV.

Kudos, I think, wait no....F Mike Brown

Yeah, what the heck is all that about? How come the Bengals have so many unsold seats and played last week in front of a half empty stadium?

Regardless of whether they make it to the playoffs this season, Cincy has really put together a solid foundation to build from. If they don't make a move, I think they are going to be force next season. If they get someone with a little more skill than Benson to run the ball, look out!

Yeah, what the heck is all that about? How come the Bengals have so many unsold seats and played last week in front of a half empty stadium?

Partly the economy,partly due to last season and the PR disaster press conference Mike Brown had where he announced there would be no changes to the organization.Lots of us are getting tired of his refusal to embrace the 21st century and to hire 5-6 more people called scouts,not to mention a GM that actually knows football.

It was only a few years ago there was a waiting list for season tickets.I got rid of mine because of being married,and now with a baby,so my ability to throw away every other Sunday was pretty much gone,even though I still go to a game or two a year.

Because the fans hate Mike Brown and think they are punishing him by not buying tickets. They act like they have one of the worst teamd in the league. This is the second time in a few years that a playoff game (or game to decide if they make the playoffs) is being threatened by a blackout. If you're a fan of say the Browns :wacko: its pretty disgusting.

If the fans don't start buying tickets again it will bet be a statement more about Brown than the team. In the long run it could really hurt them.

PS Regarding Broncos, I'm not sure but I think BB's post was before the the AFC West results, but as of now Denver can only be division winner with a win, and cannot be a wild card (that's between CIN, TN, NYJ and OAK).

NFL playoff picture

Edited by stevegrab

A few year back, I remember being pissed that a preseason Seahawk game was being blackout. It probably had more to do with buying two six packs a pizza and driving over to a friends house to watch it. I hope the best for Cinny fans as they have a great young and up and coming team. If they get in they could ruffle some feathers or pound some steel.

Edited by Seahawk

I was very lucky, and got to sit next to Anthoney Munoz for a very long dinner this summer, and got to talk a LOT of Bengals football.

He was speaking as a former player that spent his whole career with the Bengals, he continues to live in Cincy, and runs several foundations and charities in Cincy. He is very much a part of the city.

He was railing against the Brown family as being bad for cincinnati. The stadium deal the bengals have is HORRIBLE for the city, and the city subsidizes the team on a yearly basis. This has forced cutbacks in other city services, and cincy is not a wealthy city. He was especially not happy with the browns not reinvesting in the team and making it a desireable place to play football, both for current players and for attracting and retaining free agents. he said that the brown family gets subsidized by the city (or under threat that they would have left and held them hostage). He doesnt spend much on free agents, and does little to instill a culture of discipline and leadership in his organization.

I hope that he is happy with the current season. :wacko: