[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerome Simpson TD. Unreal

chipsjake

Now we will see if he does that next year or if he'll only be performing for cell mates.

Not even sure if he'll stay in Cincy for next year but I'm hoping he improves after he gets all that behind him. Seems it was principally his brother at fault, who took advantage of his generosity.

we were sitting right in that corner of the end zone. it was unreal ...

as he runs out of the tunnel at the start of the game, he gives a high karate kick and i was surprised at how high he got up there. the td was amazing and the place went absolutely nuts (well, those of us that were there ... the crowd was sparse).

i believe he could have just lowered his head and still scored, but then you would have to deal with all that nasty contact and everything ...

We are in awe of the play, yet what if he landed awkwardly and broke a fibia or something (a la ADP and the broken collarbone)? Too much showboating, IMHO.

LMAO... showboating is not my fave NFL player pastime, but this was just an incredible athlete's attempt to score, totally unplanned.

This play is a benchmark for why comparing players from one era to the next is an excercise in futility. The game has changed, so have the athletes playing it. I think Simpson was actually surprised he landed on his feet. He was just trying to score. Amazing display of balance and athletisism.

What ever happened to that "can't hurdle at tackler" rule? Mike Battle of the Jets once hurdled a defender on a KO, and went the distance. For whatever reasons, old school NFL ot whatever, it was made illegal to hurdle a player the next year by the competition commitee. Battle got ridiculously high on that play, but it wasn't a somersault like this.

Amazing....