[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jared Cook

nelsosi

I mentioned in another thread Cook value I think is dependent on Hasselbeck as he likes to look for his tight ends. Locker i'm not sure about which makes Cook hard to predict as far as value next year. if he's still around later on i'd draft him on speculative value alone.

i have an old huddle cheat sheet. graham is at 12 and Cook is at 22.

I didn't reference Huddle official stuff, I was talking about the love people on the forums had. I was nearly there oh him as well, ended up falling for Kendricks which is worse. Draft plan was to go Kendricks in 10th then Cook after that in a 2 TE required roster league.

It's hard to predict where Cook will go next year. After Gronk and Graham had the year they had this year. People might be looking for a sleeper considering both the above mentioned guys will be gone far to early for most. Cook might be that guy. In my 16 team league Graham was gone by the 7th round Cook didn't follow to far after. Looking beyond Cook my under the radar guys are Greg Olsen (wishful thinking), Ed Dickson (there offense is all over the place) and Tony Moeaki (IR this year).

I mentioned in another thread Cook value I think is dependent on Hasselbeck as he likes to look for his tight ends.

While I'll agree that Cook is an interesting TE prospect to draft in FF leagues next year......Hass has been a starter for 11 years and he hasn't looked to his TE's that much during his time.

- Jerramy Stevens was, I'm guessing, a boderline top 10ish TE in 2005 during the superbowl run

- John Carlson put up great stats the last half of 2008 when the entire WR Seattle corp went to IR

- Jared Cook didn't seem to be doing much in 2011 before the Titans had Britt go down (didn't someone else get hurt also?)

I might be missing the boat here, but I don't remember much TE fantasy value beyond the three snippets above.

Locker is largely an unknown for Cook's fantasy value and Hass has almost always been a guy who targets WRs above and beyond TE's who can catch the ball.

Edited by bushwacked

After your post I decided to go back and look if memory was playing tricks on me. Can't say I was right but I wasn't completely off either the guy does use his tight ends plus considering he's never had "that guy" (Sharpe, Gonzo, Gates etc) He's done a pretty good job using them.

2002 Itula Mili 16 Games Catches 43 (tied for 9th) Yards 508 (7th) TD 2 (tied for 6th)

2003 Itula Mili 16 Games Catches 46 (7th) Yards 492 (9th) TD 4 (tied for 4th)

Not a great year

2004 Stevens 16 Games Catches 31 (16th) Yards 349 (16th) 3 TD (tied for 6th)

2004 Itula Mili 15 Games Catches 23 Yards 240 TD 1

2005 Stevens 16 Games Catches 45 (12th) Yards 554 (12th) TD 5 (tied for 4th)

2006 Stevens 11 Games Catches 22 (24th) Yards 231 (34th) TD 4 (tied for 6th) Not bad stats considering only 11 games played.

2006 Heller 16 Games Catches 4 Yards 32 TD 1

Not a great year again but combined not awful either.

2007 Marcus Pollard 14 Games Catches 28 Yards 273 TD 2

2007 Will Heller 16 Games Catches 6 Yards 82 TD 3

2008 Carlson 16 Games Catches 55 (9th) Yards 627 (9th) TD 5 (tied for 5th)

2009 Carlson 16 Games Catches 51 (14th) Yards 574 (13th) TD 7 (5th)

Not a good year at all

2010 John Carlson 15 Games Catches 31 Yards 318 TD 1

I wish I could find stats for tight end touchdowns (not by player) but by position touchdowns per team over 2002-2010 it would be interesting. Anyways just thought I'd share considering I was already doing the research.

Edited by Seahawk

All this said, the Titans have said publicly several times this year that they would like to get him more involved in the offense. They realize (and it's not hard to see) that he has the potential and the talent to be a Gates/Gronk type TE, but they need to have consistent QB and offensive play, and he needs to be solid enough in blocking schemes and pass protection (which he wasn't in the early part of the season) to get the number of snaps he needs to reach that level.

After your post I decided to go back and look if memory was playing tricks on me. Can't say I was right but I wasn't completely off either the guy does use his tight ends plus considering he's never had "that guy" (Sharpe, Gonzo, Gates etc) He's done a pretty good job using them.

2002 Itula Mili 16 Games Catches 43 (tied for 9th) Yards 508 (7th) TD 2 (tied for 6th)

2003 Itula Mili 16 Games Catches 46 (7th) Yards 492 (9th) TD 4 (tied for 4th)

Not a great year

2004 Stevens 16 Games Catches 31 (16th) Yards 349 (16th) 3 TD (tied for 6th)

2004 Itula Mili 15 Games Catches 23 Yards 240 TD 1

2005 Stevens 16 Games Catches 45 (12th) Yards 554 (12th) TD 5 (tied for 4th)

2006 Stevens 11 Games Catches 22 (24th) Yards 231 (34th) TD 4 (tied for 6th) Not bad stats considering only 11 games played.

2006 Heller 16 Games Catches 4 Yards 32 TD 1

Not a great year again but combined not awful either.

2007 Marcus Pollard 14 Games Catches 28 Yards 273 TD 2

2007 Will Heller 16 Games Catches 6 Yards 82 TD 3

2008 Carlson 16 Games Catches 55 (9th) Yards 627 (9th) TD 5 (tied for 5th)

2009 Carlson 16 Games Catches 51 (14th) Yards 574 (13th) TD 7 (5th)

Not a good year at all

2010 John Carlson 15 Games Catches 31 Yards 318 TD 1

I wish I could find stats for tight end touchdowns (not by player) but by position touchdowns per team over 2002-2010 it would be interesting. Anyways just thought I'd share considering I was already doing the research.

Good breakdown. But, the only thing I was trying to point out was minus the 2nd half of 2008 and the 2nd half of this year, TE's under Hass really haven't been fantasy relevant, your breakdown above shows the 50 catch barrier (55 in 2008 and 51+ next week in 2011 for Cook) has been broken twice and the 500 yard barrier has been broken 4 times (508, 574, 554, 627) in 11 years. That's pretty much a minimal FF standard in which you shoot for for a starting TE in FF these days. No?

A quick view of stats this year shows 5 TEs have 75 plus catches and all those TE's but Pettigrew are 700 yards plus.

I've had Cook on a dynasty team for three years on my developmental squad, so I realize the potential of him to outperform his performance on this year regardless who is QB next year. But, to say that Hass has a historical tendency to utilize his TEs from a fantasy perspective? Meh...not numbers wise relative to what other QBs are doing.

Edited by bushwacked