[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2:00 minute warning and no Bears/Packers thread?

loaf

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize the Packers have defensive shortcomings. I believe some of that will be addressed when Pickett returns and as the linebackers continue to improve in health, but clearly they do have some shortcomings. Whether those shortcomings are as bad as yardage statistics indicate, I doubt. Teams have been playing catch up on the Packers a lot. Last evening the Packers packed it in in the fourth quarter making no effort to control the clock or to move the ball. That is not the first time this year that this has been the case as Rodgers has not played in 3 4th quarters now. A more accurate indicator may be the points they have allowed. They are a pedestrian defense with an outstanding offense. Frankly that describes the Pats and the Saints as well.

Mark me down for aware, even slightly concerned, but hardly panicked.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

I realize the Packers have defensive shortcomings. I believe some of that will be addressed when Pickett returns and as the linebackers continue to improve in health, but clearly they do have some shortcomings. Whether those shortcomings are as bad as yardage statistics indicate, I doubt. Teams have been playing catch up on the Packers a lot. Last evening the Packers packed it in in the fourth quarter making no effort to control the clock or to move the ball. That is not the first time this year that this has been the case as Rodgers has not played in 3 4th quarters now. I more accurate indicator may be the points they have allowed. They are a pedestrian defense with an outstanding offense. Frankly that describes the Pats and the Saints as well.

Mark me down for aware, even slightly concerned, but hardly paniced.

Yeah I would'nt be panicked either. But the Bears were moving the ball pretty well last night with 2 rb's noone ever heard of and a high school coach at QB.

Not trying to stir anyone up , just sayin'.

It wasn't just garbage time yardage -- the Bears were moving the ball pretty easily in the first half. The scoreboard didn't tell the whole story -- two good drives ended with a missed field goal and a horrible McCown INT. And this was with a QB and RBs that were basically right off the street.

Edited by nelsosi

Are you Packer fans worried seriously worried about this defense in "the tournament" or just figuring your boy is gonna outscore everyone?

The defense is what it is right now - not much anyone can do about it.

So far, the formula of "explosive AND mistake-free offense + porous but turnover-generating defense" has been good enough to win them 14 out of 15. :wacko: Like DW says, with a de facto bye for injured/important players next week, and an actual bye the week after, there's hope that GB will just be healthier than the other teams, AND at home, 2 fairly significant advantages in any game.

It wouldn't surprise me if GB loses in the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the SB, either.

You know, as bad as the Packers have been they are only one win shy right now of the total wins of the Cowboys and Seahawks combined.

The defense is what it is right now - not much anyone can do about it.

So far, the formula of "explosive AND mistake-free offense + porous but turnover-generating defense" has been good enough to win them 14 out of 15. :tup: Like DW says, with a de facto bye for injured/important players next week, and an actual bye the week after, there's hope that GB will just be healthier than the other teams, AND at home, 2 fairly significant advantages in any game.

It wouldn't surprise me if GB loses in the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me to see them back in the SB, either.

2 responses. Guess which one is'nt the blind homer :wacko: