[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hakeem NIcks

snoop2

You ever seen Phil Helmuth playing poker and one time some dude made a big move on Phil with some garbage cards in a big tournament and showed Phil and he blew up on the guy and this guy said to Phil "dude calm down its only Poker" and Phil replied "to you it's just poker but for me this is my life"

Well I feel the same way maybe it is just fantasy football to the rest of you but to me this is my life. I spend just about every waking hour for the last 6 months trying to do all I can to win especially my dynasty leagues as those mean the most to me as you have built these teams for years.

Anyway such is life it is something I got to live with now every day it will gnaw at me sitting Campbell sitting Harvin.

Also the future looks bleak for this league AP went down (6 more pts before you got hurt would been nice), Charles went down, Fred Jackson went down all will be question marks to start next year. Lynch will not repeat. My RB's are a mess.

End of rant

i have found myself at times over the years spending too much energy , attention and time on FFL and i have realized its stupid ...i enjoy playing , but its not life and certainly not more important than a ton of other stuff beginning with family

i remember years ago one of my younger children was excited to tell me a story and i realized i tuned them out in part as i was on computer looking at fantasy football scoreboard in one of my leagues ....I realized soon after it happened and what i did ...made me sick to my stomach ...still does when i think about it and i made sure it never happened ( will happen ) again

Maybe you should read the huddle:

Defensive Line: Calais Campbell currently ranks 4th in DL scoring, with 145.50 fantasy points, and a PPG average of 10.393. Over the past 6 weeks, Campbell has hit double digits just one time, a 10 point effort in week 12, yet his PPG average over that span of time is still 9.00. While Campbell hasn't been putting up double digit games of late, he has been consistent, scoring 8 points once, 9 points four times, and of course that one 10 point performance. It's quite unusual to find a DL perform so consistently, and if you are Campbell owner, I am sure you like knowing his downside isn't all that down. This week, Campbell will be hard pressed to hit double digits, because he will be facing a Bengals team that ranks 30th in FPA to DLs. Most DL would only garner a 2-star rating, but Campbell, I can't see how he isn't a 3-star rated play, no matter the matchup.

Defensive Line: Andre Carter was a very nice IDP option for many an owner this year, however, Carter suffered a torn quadriceps in week 15 and was put on injured reserve by the Patriots. With Carter missing from the lineup an already not so good Patriots defense gets that much worse. Stepping in for Carter will be Mark Anderson. Anderson can get after the QB, but he isn't going to be nearly as effective in the run game as Carter was, and from an IDP perspective he is going to be more of a Dwight Freeney, all or nothing play than he is a Calais Campbell steady Eddie type. This week, against a Dolphins team that for the season ranks 15th in FPA to DLs Anderson probably doesn't look like a very enticing swing for the fences type option. However, look at the last three weeks and you see that no team has given up more points to DLs than the Dolphins have. That should make Anderson at least a 4-star play, but honestly he is just such a risky option that I had to rate him a 2-star play (sleeper), but if you need to swing for the fence this week, Anderson very well could be your guy.

That is some great info too bad for me I didn't read it before my game.

You ever seen Phil Helmuth playing poker and one time some dude made a big move on Phil with some garbage cards in a big tournament and showed Phil and he blew up on the guy and this guy said to Phil "dude calm down its only Poker" and Phil replied "to you it's just poker but for me this is my life"

Well I feel the same way maybe it is just fantasy football to the rest of you but to me this is my life. I spend just about every waking hour for the last 6 months trying to do all I can to win especially my dynasty leagues as those mean the most to me as you have built these teams for years.

Anyway such is life it is something I got to live with now every day it will gnaw at me sitting Campbell sitting Harvin.

Also the future looks bleak for this league AP went down (6 more pts before you got hurt would been nice), Charles went down, Fred Jackson went down all will be question marks to start next year. Lynch will not repeat. My RB's are a mess.

End of rant

I can understand how you would feel that way. I know you've had people poke fun at the hundreds of leagues you're perceived to be in, but at some point you have to ask yourself how fulfilling a lifestyle like that really is. You probably figure that if you're going to really do your homework to beat everyone else to the punch on which players to own, you want to maximize that knowledge across as many leagues as possible. It's not unlike people who play online poker multi-tabling. I saw a youtube video of some dude playing like 32 tables at once online, and it was just a blur of clicking. Fold. Fold. Call. Raise. Fold. Fold. Fold.

On the flip side, you've got the negative consequence of being wholly consumed by it. And what you describe about kicking yourself for not making the right lineup decision... It's like reliving a bad beat in poker over and over again... I just don't see how it can be healthy to dedicate so much of your energy and efforts to, essentially, gambling on NFL player performance. I couldn't imagine fantasy football without the friends, former college roommates, co-workers, etc. to make participating in the league entertaining. And the pride of becoming champ is more important than the winnings too... Call it fellowship, camaraderie... It's the people that fantasy football keeps me connected to that brings me back each year.

As for sitting Harvin, I sat him too. You know why? Because it was the right decision at the time. Harvin was coming off of a dud of a game, and the Redskins defend the pass well enough for the most part. Nobody can predict that AP gets hurt and Ponder, changing the dynamic entirely of the Viking offense. It's like kicking yourself for losing a poker hand just because you got out flopped.

Anyway, I hope you find more to life than fantasy football at some point, Henry. You might be surprised at how liberated you feel if you scale things back to more of a "hobby" level or even quit altogether if that makes more sense.

I can understand how you would feel that way. I know you've had people poke fun at the hundreds of leagues you're perceived to be in, but at some point you have to ask yourself how fulfilling a lifestyle like that really is. You probably figure that if you're going to really do your homework to beat everyone else to the punch on which players to own, you want to maximize that knowledge across as many leagues as possible. It's not unlike people who play online poker multi-tabling. I saw a youtube video of some dude playing like 32 tables at once online, and it was just a blur of clicking. Fold. Fold. Call. Raise. Fold. Fold. Fold.

On the flip side, you've got the negative consequence of being wholly consumed by it. And what you describe about kicking yourself for not making the right lineup decision... It's like reliving a bad beat in poker over and over again... I just don't see how it can be healthy to dedicate so much of your energy and efforts to, essentially, gambling on NFL player performance. I couldn't imagine fantasy football without the friends, former college roommates, co-workers, etc. to make participating in the league entertaining. And the pride of becoming champ is more important than the winnings too... Call it fellowship, camaraderie... It's the people that fantasy football keeps me connected to that brings me back each year.

As for sitting Harvin, I sat him too. You know why? Because it was the right decision at the time. Harvin was coming off of a dud of a game, and the Redskins defend the pass well enough for the most part. Nobody can predict that AP gets hurt and Ponder, changing the dynamic entirely of the Viking offense. It's like kicking yourself for losing a poker hand just because you got out flopped.

Anyway, I hope you find more to life than fantasy football at some point, Henry. You might be surprised at how liberated you feel if you scale things back to more of a "hobby" level or even quit altogether if that makes more sense.

YOU JUST made me feel like Athena. I'm gonna resign every league I'm in now.

• 2 weeks later...