[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 rankings?

vansmack32

Won my dynasty league this week and looking ahead to 2012.

I can't find any good early 2012 rankings yet. Anyone have any good links?

Unless you are drafting in Feb, not sure how any of these early rankings would have any barring on 2012. Things will change so much from now until we draft its not even funny. From the draft, to FA to trades and training camp injuries. Of course, I was involved in a league for a few years where we drafted during the Pro Bowl. It was always humerus looking at my week 1 roster as I never would have drafted some of those guys based on what had happened after the Pro Bowl :wacko:

But to answer your question....havn't seen any early rankings as of yet. :tup:

Personally, the elite I see are:

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Cam at QB. I would REALLY want 1 of these 5 especially in a 6 point per passing TD league.

Foster, McCoy, and Rice at RB.

Calvin at WR.

Graham and Gronk at TE.

That is all I see on that true elite first level as I sit here today and look at 2012. Sure players will come out of no where. Sure other guys will look real good (like MJD and Lynch maybe also at RB). But today looking way into the future I see this as my elite list right now.

Edited by giantsfan

Sure other guys will look real good (like MJD and Lynch maybe also at RB).

MJD is on my 'stay away' list for next season. He's up around 1,500 carries now, and that's a red flag for RBs. He also plays on an awful offense that isn't likely to be any better -- he really defied the odds in being a consistent FF producer this year on that team.

As an aside, Ryan Mathews will be an interesting rank if Tolbert does not return and depending on who the SD coach is.

Edited by nelsosi

MJD is on my 'stay away' list for next season. He's up around 1,500 carries now, and that's a red flag for RBs. He also plays on an awful offense that isn't likely to be any better -- he really defied the odds in being a consistent FF producer this year on that team.

As an aside, Ryan Mathews will be an interesting rank if Tolbert does not return and depending on who the SD coach is.

I do hear you, but dude is going to win the rushing title and the O can only get better I would think. They were terrible this season. But sure he could be a lttle risky off a very high volume season.

As for Mathews I have gone back and forth on that guy. He has talent, but just not sure I trust him to play 15/16 games with his injury risk. Interesting discussion on him though. Talent and situation wise he could be a top 6/7 RB let's say.

The guy I sort of like is Lynch. He has been a beast since about week 4 or so. Will only be 26 next season. Is one of very few clear 20 touch guys left in the NFL. A lot will depend on where he goes this off-season, but even if he stays in Seattle I think he could be a top 5/6 guy next season. He was that this season and that's with a TERRIBLE first 3 games and missing a game due to inury as well.

I do hear you, but dude is going to win the rushing title and the O can only get better I would think. They were terrible this season. But sure he could be a lttle risky off a very high volume season.

I think he'll still be serviceable, but you have consider what his ADP will be. Given where he'll get picked in most drafts, I think there will be far better options available.

As for Mathews I have gone back and forth on that guy. He has talent, but just not sure I trust him to play 15/16 games with his injury risk. Interesting discussion on him though. Talent and situation wise he could be a top 6/7 RB let's say.

I was driving the anti-Mathews train earlier this year. I am not convinced he can stay healthy either. But if Tolbert leaves, and a new coaching staff commits to Mathews as the lead back, you have to take a really long look at him because the ceiling is really high.

The guy I sort of like is Lynch. He has been a beast since about week 4 or so. Will only be 26 next season. Is one of very few clear 20 touch guys left in the NFL. A lot will depend on where he goes this off-season, but even if he stays in Seattle I think he could be a top 5/6 guy next season. He was that this season and that's with a TERRIBLE first 3 games and missing a game due to inury as well.

For Lynch, its all going to come down to where he is playing. If it's Seattle, then I like him as a Top 10. If it's anywhere else, then all bets are off.

Agree on all counts with some small tweaks.

Mathews will have a great situation, just not sure I would be that guy to risk the 1st round pick on him, and that's where he'll go next season. Could be good or could bite me in the butt.

And on Lynch it isn't Seattle or bust IMO. I think it is right situation (still a 20 touch guy) or bust. In the right situation I would take him over Mathews for sure.

Definitely not trusting Matthews, with his total lack of reliability in his short career, I can't even believe he is in the discussion. Not the type of risk I want to take with a high draft pick, let somebody else deal with it, Tolbert or no Tolbert.

Couple of solid picks (maybe not quite elite, but I will target pretty high) to go with some of the elites mentioned:

Cruz is money, and will go into next year with the rep as a top receiver. In addition to the blow-up games he'll give you, will put up more consistency game to game.

Jennings has to go high also. He doesn't put up gaudy numbers, and probably won't next year either, but is good for about a TD a week and 10-20 FF points. Mr. Reliable, very nice to have on the roster.

MJD, I don't see the problem. Dude's only 26, he's in his prime. I see him having a similar year next year.

Roddy was ranked so high going into this year, and really disapointed early on. He's been solid as hell the last six games, I don't see that changing now that the Falcons are settling in on offense.

Forte, if he returns to Chicago with a healthy Cutler.

Definitely not trusting Matthews, with his total lack of reliability in his short career, I can't even believe he is in the discussion. Not the type of risk I want to take with a high draft pick, let somebody else deal with it, Tolbert or no Tolbert.

Couple of solid picks (maybe not quite elite, but I will target pretty high) to go with some of the elites mentioned:

Cruz is money, and will go into next year with the rep as a top receiver. In addition to the blow-up games he'll give you, will put up more consistency game to game.

Jennings has to go high also. He doesn't put up gaudy numbers, and probably won't next year either, but is good for about a TD a week and 10-20 FF points. Mr. Reliable, very nice to have on the roster.

MJD, I don't see the problem. Dude's only 26, he's in his prime. I see him having a similar year next year.

Roddy was ranked so high going into this year, and really disapointed early on. He's been solid as hell the last six games, I don't see that changing now that the Falcons are settling in on offense.

Forte, if he returns to Chicago with a healthy Cutler.

I'm have the opposite opinion on most of these players:

-- Mathews: I hate the guy, but if Tolbert leaves and a new coaching staff commits to him you have to take his ceiling seriously. He would have top 5 potential in that scenario.

-- Cruz: I still think Nicks is the WR to own on the Giants

-- Jennings: Agree

-- MJD: Mileage is more important than age. Red flags abound with him.

-- Roddy: I see Julio overtaking him as the WR1 on Atlanta. And the 'drops' problem Roddy has is a serious concern.

-- Forte: Totally depends on where he ends up (I can seriously envision him leaving the Bears)

I'm have the opposite opinion on most of these players:

-- Mathews: I hate the guy, but if Tolbert leaves and a new coaching staff commits to him you have to take his ceiling seriously. He would have top 5 potential in that scenario.

-- Cruz: I still think Nicks is the WR to own on the Giants

-- Jennings: Agree

-- MJD: Mileage is more important than age. Red flags abound with him.

-- Roddy: I see Julio overtaking him as the WR1 on Atlanta. And the 'drops' problem Roddy has is a serious concern.

-- Forte: Totally depends on where he ends up (I can seriously envision him leaving the Bears)

Completely fair assessments, but I stand by my rankings for each one mentioned.

You are waaaaaaay wrong on Roddy. He will be the consistent one, and Julio will put up some huge games and some blanks. I like consistency.

MJD, we'll see, but like I said, at year's end, don't expect a huge difference from this year.

Forte...I think we're agreeing here.

Matthews - have at it, my friend.

Nicks - again, up and down, and I think the year end stats will show that Cruz is the receiver to own on that offense.

Can't wait til next December to pull this thread back up.

Edited by SecondString

Anyone want to call Stafford elite now?

First full season starting 5000 yards and 40 TD's. Has most dominant WR at his disposal. They have 11 dome games next season. And 2 other road games at Tenn and Jacksonville (so not bad weather spots). That is minimum 13 good condition games.

To me he is on that top level with Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Cam. I would want 1 of these 5 badly in QB heavy/6 pts per passing TD leagues.

ETA: 41 TD's and 4995 yards in first full season of play. AND when you realize he had a 3 game stretch with a glove on that he struggled in, 7 TD's and 9 ints, his numbers look even more ridiculous. 13 games with 34 TD's and 6 ints. Not too bad.

Final ETA: 41 TD's/16 ints/5038 yards. Ridiculous season in first full season of starting. STUD!!!

Edited by giantsfan