[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees only 31 yards shy of the record

Ursa Majoris

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that the record was broken on a pass from two players that SD no longer wanted :wacko:

Me too. Believe you me when we here in SD were perplexed when Sproles was allowed to walk.

And just for the record. Us Charger fans are still very loyal to the players that play there asses and hearts out in SD only to see them walk away for more dough. Look at the Padres for example. My god....we are used to it in a bad way.

Edited by tazinib1

I hope that SD keeps AJ and Norv and I hope that someone has their camera phone recording you when you hear the news... have them put it up on youtube :tup:

Ya know what you're gonna hear?

"YOU BETTER RUN STEVE!!!! YOU>>>>BETTER>>>>RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!"

:wacko:

I thought it was a bit reckless keeping Brees in the game. Fortunately his offensive line protects him like a national treasure. Congratulations to Brees. He is a remarkable Q.B. and has been for some time.

I remember watching him on some show, Sports Science maybe, where they tested his accuracy against an olympic archer. Brees proved more accurate. For some reason i found that beyound remarkable.

And so begins the BS about whether or not it was "classy" to go for it that late. I've now read about 3 articles. BS. You've got a home crowd full of people who came with their signs, looking for him to do it. It's MNF, so there's a national audience watching.

I, for one, am glad they went for it.

And so begins the BS about whether or not it was "classy" to go for it that late. I've now read about 3 articles. BS. You've got a home crowd full of people who came with their signs, looking for him to do it. It's MNF, so there's a national audience watching.

I, for one, am glad they went for it.

For sure. At home, national TV, crowd expectation / hope.

Not classy, my ass. Far too much of this "let's not run up the score" wimpiness around these days. Wanna stop the score being run up? Man up and stop them. Hopefully no-one from the Atlanta organization is suggesting this nonsense.

For sure. At home, national TV, crowd expectation / hope.

Not classy, my ass. Far too much of this "let's not run up the score" wimpiness around these days. Wanna stop the score being run up? Man up and stop them. Hopefully no-one from the Atlanta organization is suggesting this nonsense.

Pretty sure Mercury Morris is behind some of it.

I look at it this way... There's no guarantees what will happen next week. The only thing that the Saints will be playing for is the #2 seed & the likelihood of San Francisco losing to St Louis is pretty slim. If that game gets out of hand early next week & with the record well-in-hand for Brees, then there are no excuses for keeping Brees on the field longer than needed next week.

So does he go all out and toss another 300+ yards next week?

And with Brady only 190 yards behind him can he be caught for the title/record?

Doubt that Rodgers can catch him since he's over 400 yards behind and isn't likely to play more than a half or so (nothing to play for).

Brees is very good, the Saints O is potent, Payton is a genius.

Was nice to break the record last night on MNF at home, but still taking a big risk in a game that didn't matter at all. They play again at home next week so it isn't like he wasn't going to break the record at home (and they need to try win since a win and SF loss gets them #2 seed).

I have heard some say that Atlanta is a dirty team. I have no opinion on this. If true, however, it would seem some risk keeping Brees in if it were done solely for the record, as I believe and as has been admitted. That said, when teams try too much to triangulate caution and prudence it often bites them. Most often champions are the ones who throw caution to the wind, who have the attitude of an invincible hunter rather than an Actuary.

To my way of viewing the Saints are peaking heading into the playoffs. The 49ers are playing solid ball. Detroit, well Detroit has nothing to lose and is not carrying the weight of expectancy. The winner of the NFL East is an irrelevancy they way they are playing. Atlanta is a balanced club that just got punked on national T.V. so they are a wild card, either they respond angry or accept that they were whipped and hang their heads. The Packers, well they seem to have lost their edge, they are the hunted rather than the hunters and unless they discover that edge right now I suspect the Saints can take them.

I have heard some say that Atlanta is a dirty team. I have no opinion on this. If true, however, it would seem some risk keeping Brees in if it were done solely for the record, as I believe and as has been admitted. That said, when teams try too much to triangulate caution and prudence it often bites them. Most often champions are the ones who throw caution to the wind, who have the attitude of an invincible hunter rather than an Actuary.

To my way of viewing the Saints are peaking heading into the playoffs. The 49ers are playing solid ball. Detroit, well Detroit has nothing to lose and is not carrying the weight of expectancy. The winner of the NFL East is an irrelevancy they way they are playing. Atlanta is a balanced club that just got punked on national T.V. so they are a wild card, either they respond angry or accept that they were whipped and hang their heads. The Packers, well they seem to have lost their edge, they are the hunted rather than the hunters and unless they discover that edge right now I suspect the Saints can take them.

As a Niner fan, I want no freaking part of the Saints and am absolutely hoping they somehow crap the bed in the first round (assuming we get the bye). I'd love to be more confident about my team's chances against them, but I realistically can't.

I have heard some say that Atlanta is a dirty team. I have no opinion on this. If true, however, it would seem some risk keeping Brees in if it were done solely for the record, as I believe and as has been admitted.

I don't think Atlanta are particularly dirty. I do think NO has a most excellent offensive line to protect their crown jewel and said jewel is quite nifty on his feet to protect himself too. I can't see that he was at risk at all, frankly.

I don't think Atlanta are particularly dirty. I do think NO has a most excellent offensive line to protect their crown jewel and said jewel is quite nifty on his feet to protect himself too. I can't see that he was at risk at all, frankly.

He certainly had time last night for the most part, and on the handful of plays where the protection broke down he did seem to handle it without excitement of panick. His counterpart last night, well, not so much.

We are watching a consumate pro in complete command of his offense. It is impressive.

As a Niner fan, I want no freaking part of the Saints and am absolutely hoping they somehow crap the bed in the first round (assuming we get the bye). I'd love to be more confident about my team's chances against them, but I realistically can't.

I think it is generally harder to believe in Defense than in Offense, yet we have had the Steelers, the Bears, and the Ravens as Champions. I know the 49ers defense is very good. They may be a year away from greatness, but maybe not. I will say this, I love the Offensive stars the Packers have had over the years, but my absolute favorite players are defensive guys and o-linemen. There is just something special about riding the guys who do the dirty work right on through to a Championship.

These reports of Brady with a shoulder (non throwing) problem and no practice is a setup for him to come out and sling it 60 times to try and sneak past Brees in week 17.. Isn't that the Patroit way?

I would MUCH rather Brees hold the record than Brady and I am a HUGE Marino fan..