[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will you NOT be drafting next season?

Metalhead316

Honestly.. Probably Adrian Peterson. Hes one of my favorite players, but I just dont think he'll be the same ever again.

** And Im sure someone will use a top 5-6 pick on him **

He very well could end up on the PuP so I doubt he goes in the 1st round, and more than likely could be 4th round or later.

There is not one player on an active roster that I'll remove from a draft list. I have a few I'll have lower than all other owners might, but none I won't draft in the right spot.

That will be a fun thread: "Guys I am drafting later than anybody else."

Insert ironic smiley

I had Turner 2009 not being aware of this. He was a top 10 rated running back. Come 2010 I drafted him once more but he petered out with the heavy work load in the most impromptu to time. This year I just had to say no not again, but given the circumstance I would have bought into and will buy into next year if the spot is right say low third round depending on draft position, which I don't see him going anyways. Under the understanding come week ten no matter how good he's playing i'm going to unload him for someone else.

As an Atlanta homer, Turner would have to fall extremely low for me to consider him. There has been a ton of talk around here the last few weeks about how they need to take more of the load off of Turner, get Jaquizz more involved, etc. I think you will see his workload shrink significantly next year.

As in Arian Foster? Honestly? Dude injured his hammy right before the season, got off to a slow start and then was freaking money ever since, despite the fact that the offense as a whole sputtered without AJ and using a 3rd string QB. Foster absolutely is in the conversation, again, as #1 overall.

+1

Can't believe Foster is on that list.

Foster is as money a pick as I can think of. Dude basically didn't start playing until Week 4 and was the most consistently solid RB in the league. He is in a stable environment (coaching and O-Line), has low mileage, and should get his QB and WR1 back. Really the only possible knock against him is the presence of Ben Tate (though its pretty clear that Foster is the superior player).

I honestly believe that Foster is the most complete RB in the NFL. When you factor in vision, running, pass-catching, blocking -- there is nobody else as complete as him.

Curious as to why?

Touched on it in another thread. High mileage (approaching 1,500 career carries, not counting his receiving touches), horrific offense that won't be much better (he really defied the odds this season in being productive), high ADP (better options available there).

Touched on it in another thread. High mileage (approaching 1,500 career carries, not counting his receiving touches), horrific offense that won't be much better (he really defied the odds this season in being productive), high ADP (better options available there).

Fair enough. Only 26 years old though and in his prime. Agree with you about the offense, but a lack of weapons could work in his favor fantasy-wise.

He's a fantasy fan too, always drafts himself...added motivation!

You might want to consider playing a new game along with your FF next year. Check it out there is still one week left to win $100.00

Ad space can be bought on this site. Please don't push ads on us in the middle of our conversations. TIA.

I think people are being a bit too literal with the question "who would you not draft" - it really doesn't apply to the last few rounds. It's more a "who do you not trust" and whose value do you feel you have "the inside track" on.

For me, Vincent Jackson was a nightmare. I'm winning my 2-week championship right now by a comfortable 50 points (my opponent got hit with the Romo zero and the AP injury), but no thanks to VJax. He had a few blow-up games, but I would gladly trade in his seesaw performances for a more consistent WR. Chargers are going nowhere very fast. Frankly I think they've been mediocre for sometime in a sub-par division, and with up-and-comers Oakland, Denver (DEFENSE, I'm not a believer), and even KC to some degree, they are finally put in their rightful place.

Exactly my thoughts and ALMOST my situation.

Unfortunately, I'm the one who started AP and Romo in the championship :wacko::tup::lol:

And I also had VJax, Mike Wallace, Gronk, Michael Bush, and the Houston D/ST (vs. IND) and none of them did anything to even remotely offset the loss of my two biggest players (although each had a decent game).

I'd also add Wallace to the 'Do Not Trust' list based on his late-season 'performance' (zero 100+ yard games in his last 8 games and only 3 TDs).

Edited by louisc9999

There is not one player on an active roster that I'll remove from a draft list. I have a few I'll have lower than all other owners might, but none I won't draft in the right spot.

This. +1000.

I understand the frustration at having a player perform below your expectations (or to completely suck at playoff time) but this "I will never draft [Player X] again" view is short-sighted. Suppose, for example, you expected Santonio Holmes to have a 1,000-yard season in 2011, and you were pissed that he will wind up in the 650-700 yard range. Now suppose that the Jets sign Peyton Manning to a 2012 contract: are you REALLY going to swear off Santonio Holmes in 2012? Really?

There are all sorts of future intangibles that can affect a player's performance, such as new teammates from future NFL drafts, coaching changes, and being traded to a new team. Anyone who says "I will never again draft [Player X]" is just angry that Player X underperformed, and anyone who really MEANS "I will never again draft [Player X]" is setting up for failure.

Edited by historymike

No way no how do I draft:

QB's: Sanchise--this dude stinks!, Tarvaris Jackson (need not to remark), Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselback, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert or Sam Bradford.

RB's: Any Panther RB, Pierre Thomas, Brandon Jacobs or any Packer RB.

WR's: Santonio Holmes or Plaxico Burress, no Saints WR or Nate Burleson

TE's: Dustin Keller (Sanchise throwing to him) or Owen Daniels

K: Josh Scobee or LAwrence Tynes

DST: No Colts, Bucs or Panthers for me...

No way no how do I draft:

QB's: Sanchise--this dude stinks!, Tarvaris Jackson (need not to remark), Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselback, Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert or Sam Bradford.

RB's: Any Panther RB, Pierre Thomas, Brandon Jacobs or any Packer RB.

WR's: Santonio Holmes or Plaxico Burress, no Saints WR or Nate Burleson

TE's: Dustin Keller (Sanchise throwing to him) or Owen Daniels

K: Josh Scobee or LAwrence Tynes

DST: No Colts, Bucs or Panthers for me...

I agree with everyone except Bradford. If Gruden does take over there(or any offensive minded coach) I believe he has the tools to be good. Given that he is a 2nd year qb with no real off season to learn McDaniel's system there was the possibility to struggle. I would draft him for my backup qb.

My no-draft guy is Dwayne Bowe. Even when he does well it's always a last minute game out of reach kind of thing. I just don't think he tries given his ability.